Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Having just seen Fast X, I have to say -- if they don't find a way to incorporate Jason Momoa's villain into the queue "story" for this ride, I'd be disappointed. Dude's performance was like finding a wonderful curly fry amidst a container of soggy French fries, and I'm sure he'd have a blast recording a video or two for this ride that'd be the complete opposite of Vin's cue card reading on Supercharged.

Concept art showed it being rethemed.
As a few have mentioned in the past tense regardless of platform: the unreleased artwork can and likely has changed and been revised as they have finalized things. Additionally, the construction walls surrounding the holding pen for SES seem to be blocking both the vantage point from the initial Starway and that of Duff Gardens (almost like a U-Shape in a way).

They do not seem to be intentfully invading the space occupied by Duff Gardens for the moment (but I imagine they'll close the locations when the moment comes for a quick period, to ensure that they can separate the buildings of 4421 & 4423). The Simpsons will likely go away by the end of the decade, But as it stands right now: I see no reason to think that they are going to rapidly close up shop unless if they have a dire need to do so.

Current rumors are that Simpson's will be staying past 2028.

Something related to Spider-man Osaka. :shrug:
Where does this rumor come from? But then a lot could change between now and then that could result in Simpsons departing around 2028. I would imagine if this hypothetical WBD purchase happens, Simpsons fate would be sealed. Why keep an IP from Disney when you could tap into a diverse array of WB IP for a replacement.

probably treading past but considering it's like, the 20th time: please stop harping on the prospects of Universal and WBD merging, UniC6.

I can't wait for the "Universal trades Marvel rights for Simpsons rights" clickbait article.

If Universal and Discovery Merge, it’s not good. I wouldn’t advise that you root for this to happen.
I have mixed feeling about this too. While I think it would be great for Universal parks in terms of getting new IP to choose from, I have some qualms about Zaslav running the operation. From his current track record, we could be entering into the Chapek years of the Universal parks.

Reactions: alias8703
I have mixed feeling about this too. While I think it would be great for Universal parks in terms of getting new IP to choose from, I have some qualms about Zaslav running the operation. From his current track record, we could be entering into the Chapek years of the Universal parks.
200.gif

Current rumors are that Simpson's will be staying past 2028.

Something related to Spider-man Osaka. :shrug:

Getting to this: I think Chris Galindo has alluded to something similar? But I'd ask what happens to The Simpsons Ride in light of it, especially given the hillside and the grading infastructure.

200.gif

Getting to this: I think Chris Galindo has alluded to something similar? But I'd ask what happens to The Simpsons Ride in light of it, especially given the hillside and the grading infastructure.
Based on the current attractions Universal is putting out, maybe a whole new Simpsons Ride, but in the form of a dark ride?

Getting back to Fast & Furious discussion (shocking, I know): some details have come out by @ethanuniversal (the one who mentioned on here of the 18 month window for work) on his YT.

Seems the four cars for each respective train may be themed to a specific car from the film? Dom's Dodge Charger & Brian's Nissan Skyline GT-R were listed as cars he may of heard for this attraction.

Getting back to Fast & Furious discussion (shocking, I know): some details have come out by @ethanuniversal (the one who mentioned on here of the 18 month window for work) on his YT.

Seems the four cars for each respective train may be themed to a specific car from the film? Dom's Dodge Charger & Brian's Nissan Skyline GT-R were listed as cars he may of heard for this attraction.
If you zoom in on the early leaked concept art, there appears to be multiple ride cars that resemble 2 Japanese style cars and 2 that resemble the Dodge Charger. So what @ethanuniversal is saying so far is tracking.

Interesting. Considering the closure of Spider-Man there, I wonder if they negotiated an extension to the Simpsons rights.
Another thing I read and heard mentioned on OG55's channel, Comcast is likely selling it's stake in Hulu around the same time Spiderman in USJ is closing. Maybe selling off Hulu was also part of this deal.

Having just seen Fast X, I have to say -- if they don't find a way to incorporate Jason Momoa's villain into the queue "story" for this ride, I'd be disappointed. Dude's performance was like finding a wonderful curly fry amidst a container of soggy French fries, and I'm sure he'd have a blast recording a video or two for this ride that'd be the complete opposite of Vin's cue card reading on Supercharged.
So I'm really curious, but has Vin Diesel just sounded better in other works he's in? Granted I probably have a skewed perception since I have never seen any Fast movies or that much Vin Diesel works outside of Guradians of The Galaxy, but even then all he says is "I am Groot" (except for two sentences in the first and third films).

It's just that it seems I somehow have a bit of trouble telling apart some of the bad takes from the decent(?) ones, though I definitely see "Don't worry, I got this!" could use more energy considering what he just grabbed ahold of, and "RIDE OR DIE" obviously sounds too flat for a jump like that (though for some reason that's what makes it sound unintentionally funny).

Last edited:
So I'm really curious, but has Vin Diesel just sounded better in other works he's in? Granted I probably have a skewed perception since I have never seen any Fast movies or that much Vin Diesel works outside of Guradians of The Galaxy, but even then all he says is "I am Groot" (except for two sentences in the first and third films).

It's just that it seems I somehow have a bit of trouble telling apart some of the bad takes from the decent(?) ones, though I definitely see "Don't worry, I got this!" could use more energy considering what he just grabbed ahold of, and "RIDE OR DIE" obviously sounds too flat for a jump like that (though for some reason that's what makes it sound unintentionally funny).

It's very strange -- if you ever watch his short Multi-Facial, his role in Boiler Room, or even just his appearance in Saving Private Ryan, it's more than clear he can do more than gruff, flat Dominic Toretto when he tries, and if you've ever seen clips of him in the recording booth for The Iron Giant or any of his Groot work, he gets into it in a way that shows he's absolutely passionate. I'd even argue when the F&F franchise started, the character of Dom wasn't anywhere close to the more muted performance Diesel puts in now and much more expressive, etc. I'd absolutely say he has talent, but the juggernaut that is F&F, especially over the last decade, has turned him into a walking meme that he's settled comfortably into.

Even saying that, I genuinely think the takes for Supercharged are legitimately bad takes, not decent ones that come off bad but fit the character -- and a part of me has to wonder if it's because it was all filmed in the wake of Paul Walker's death, when Diesel probably just wasn't "feeling it." I can't imagine how empty they all must've felt filming it when they knew Walker was meant to be there with them, and so the cue card reading and flat delivery just screams of (understandable) disinterest as a result to me. And I wonder how different it'd be if, now that we're almost a decade removed, his performance would be a little better for, say, the rollercoaster.

Anyway, this concludes my Vin Diesel TED talk.