Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Appreciate the insight. Didn't consider how Paul Walker's death might have been a catalyst for why the takes turned out the way they did, which probably explains a lot if true.

Guess we'll see if your hunch is correct with whatever Vin Diesel does for the coaster.

Last edited:
Reactions: highdefrex
I’m no construction expert but it almost looks like they’re going to chop that building down beam by beam. Similar to how they did Innoventions

I’m no construction expert but it almost looks like they’re going to chop that building down beam by beam. Similar to how they did Innoventions

Question if it might actually explain why: could it be as a result of the hillside and it's current grading situation that they would rather go piece-meal to ensure they do not mess with it more until it becomes almost of a flat land (excluding the building containing Duff)?

What is happening lol

shocked chris pratt GIF

• Haha
Reactions: alias8703
I know it isn't always final, but was this anything from the concept art? Wasn't expecting them to be retrofitting well, something.

I'd question if this is gonna be different from what we all thought, but there's the whole thing about coaster track, so I digress.

This looks very temporary. Something like this could not be built of out wood if it was permanent, earthquake code would get in the way for one

Reactions: alias8703
This is bewildering to me, they could’ve done all these tests while the attraction was open. What happens if whoever has to approve their sound level says no, are they just out of luck? Seems like this should’ve been done early on

We may be seeing materials testing. It’s not so much they’re testing to get approvals, they may be testing to get materials and/or shapes right before committing to ordering or building something specific as part of the project.

And here I thought that was a sightline test. Figured it looked temporary whatever it was!

(Apologies, I am late to this forum.) Returned to the park last week after being away since 2021 and my studio tour guide casually mentioned the coaster in a humorous "you didn't hear this from me" type of way. He did mention F&F and how it'll have a drop coming from the upper lot down to the lower lot (Though, I think he really meant alongside the hills, right? I mean there's no way.) I don't know how credible that is but I can't see a reason why he'd make that up. The timeline of this project has been a bit weird. The concept art was "leaked" late last year with many people saying that it's from an abandoned project years ago. Then the Animal Actors and Special Effects stage conveniently closed months after. If I'm missing something, please get me up to speed.

The concept art was "leaked" late last year with many people saying that it's from an abandoned project years ago. Then the Animal Actors and Special Effects stage conveniently closed months after. If I'm missing something, please get me up to speed.
People theorized that the project may have been cancelled earlier this year in the forum, but I don’t think people were claiming that art was from a project cancelled years ago. Alicia Stella of ThemeParkStop made a video about a rumor she had heard for the coaster in April of last year, and then the first permit was filed for it in October, followed not long after with the announcement of the shows closing. This year has mostly been a waiting game as movement on the project basically stalled from January until a couple weeks ago, but a few permits have been filed in between

It’s funny though, this is now the third instance I’ve heard of a tour guide mentioning this project. You’d think Universal would’ve put the lid on that by now