Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And motion sickness occurs quite often as one gets older. First you can't ride the spinners that you relished as a teen. Then, in later life, tough coasters, especially inverts, start making the motion sickness list. So, if a park wants to keep a wide demographic, they need to have differentiated ride systems. Otherwise, you end up like 6 Flags and other coaster parks, where only teens & those in their 20's frequent the parks.

I just really hope if it's going to be a clone tram type (which it will F-ing sucks), they better loop that track one way or the other, because if they are coming with the "Load-Forward-Park-Reverse-Unload and repeat again" ride system, it will really make a big dent on Comcast reputation for me. They better not roll in the stupidity wagon, that was Vivendi's job.

It has loops and will never go in reverse. The entire building is going to be demolished including all of the foundations.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
ET has height requirement as does Seuss (both the main ride and High in the Sky Trolley). Sometimes they don't mean much.

And motion sickness is hardly a "puss restriction". It's a natural thing... some people just can't handle motion simulators. Just because you can means very little.

Think about if you were to go to Universal on a family reunion, which includes some teens, some under 8's, parents in their 40's and Grandparents in their 60's. This isn't even necessarily related to motion sickness, but think about that group of people... how many rides are the under 8's and grandparents going to actually ride? That's part of Uni's problem right now... too many rides that are restricting.
I get what you are saying, but many times I talk to Disney CM and compare teachnology versus Uni's, I always get the same response "You don't get it, Disney and Uni are catering to 2 different crowds, You can't compare one with the other" which I think it's a lame excuse but hey! I guess that statement can be flipped around. In simple words I love to take my mom to Epcot, but there is zero reasons for me to take her to my upcoming trip to Cedar Point's Halloweekends.... it will be just a waste of money. People need to do their homework and understand that in Orlando, Disney has taken the family approach while Uni has taken the thrill approach, and of course then you have Holy Land park.... lol

Reactions: anihilnation
I get what you are saying, but many times I talk to Disney CM and compare teachnology versus Uni's, I always get the same response "You don't get it, Disney and Uni are catering to 2 different crowds, You can't compare one with the other" which I think it's a lame excuse but hey! I guess that statement can be flipped around. In simple words I love to take my mom to Epcot, but there is zero reasons for me to take her to my upcoming trip to Cedar Point's Halloweekends.... it will be just a waste of money. People need to do their homework and understand that in Orlando, Disney has taken the family approach while Uni has taken the thrill approach, and of course then you have Holy Land park.... lol

I agree with this statement so much. Both parks cater to different people. The one thing Uni may want to improve is add some family rides so that families that have a mix of kids in age (oldest is 8, but youngest is 2) they can go to this park and not have a completely bored 2 year old. They will start to get families faster. They will never attract the family with kids all under 5 and I don't think they want to. They would have to open a 3rd gate that is similar to MK to attract this crowd as they can't make enough changes to their current parks and if they attempted to do this they would lose their current fanbase which would be bad.

I just hope the ride system and formula is different from Kong. You don't know how many times I hear how Transformers and Spiderman are the same ride and why did Universal do that from people. I think repeating that between Kong and F&F would be a mistake. I have no opinion on the Hollywood version vs. Orlando version since I have never been on the Hollywood version.

I agree with this statement so much. Both parks cater to different people. The one thing Uni may want to improve is add some family rides so that families that have a mix of kids in age (oldest is 8, but youngest is 2) they can go to this park and not have a completely bored 2 year old. They will start to get families faster. They will never attract the family with kids all under 5 and I don't think they want to. They would have to open a 3rd gate that is similar to MK to attract this crowd as they can't make enough changes to their current parks and if they attempted to do this they would lose their current fanbase which would be bad.

I just hope the ride system and formula is different from Kong. You don't know how many times I hear how Transformers and Spiderman are the same ride and why did Universal do that from people. I think repeating that between Kong and F&F would be a mistake. I have no opinion on the Hollywood version vs. Orlando version since I have never been on the Hollywood version.

Based on surveys and what I've heard, UC knows this. I'll let their future actions speak for themselves.

I also don't think many people realize that Transformers is higher rated than Spider-Man on most guest surveys. That is completely crazy, IMO, but normies love them some Transformers.
I honestly don't look at Transformers as anything more than a filler attraction whereas I see Spidey always competing for #1 with me between Gringotts and FJ. TF is overly long as well and unless you pay super-close attention, it's all just a mish-mash of action sequences happening... much like the films.

I honestly don't look at Transformers as anything more than a filler attraction whereas I see Spidey always competing for #1 with me between Gringotts and FJ. TF is overly long as well and unless you pay super-close attention, it's all just a mish-mash of action sequences happening... much like the films.

I think Transformers is a legit E-ticket, but Spider-Man is the best attraction in the world, for my money. But a ton of normal guests prefer Transformers.

I agree it is, but in the scheme of Universal's ride, it's just a bit... "meh" and copycat-ish (of themselves nonetheless).

There is a chance that F$F will even be using the same VDL RVs as Kong. Only themed to city busses.

The problem with Tf is not the fact they used the same ride system, it's that originally, Tf was intended to be a west coast version of Spider-man. So they used a lot of the same tricks (pretty much in the same order). Therefore, the rides are very similar in more ways than one.

But even then they are more different than Nemo and Little Mermaid. You could literally connect those 2 rides together end to end.

Not to get off track from F&F discussion, but it would be nice to see a solid family coaster like the 7 Dwarfs coaster at Disney. I know that the wait times are crazy but I really LOVE that thing.

Not to get off track from F&F discussion, but it would be nice to see a solid family coaster like the 7 Dwarfs coaster at Disney. I know that the wait times are crazy but I really LOVE that thing.

I think SDMT is kind of stunted as both a coaster and a dark ride. Now Big Thunder? yea, Uni could use something like that.

Good thing they have a property that would fit perfectly for that.