Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 314 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal has shown a willingness to "plus" attractions way more than Disney has. Even attractions that are actually great to start with get additions or changes that improve it (Spider-Man, Forbidden Journey). I think F&F will stick around for a while but I really don't think it will remain in its current state for too long. They have to be reading the feedback and considering some minor changes in the short term and significant improvements in the long term. Who knows... this could be Universal's version of "Journey into YOUR Imagination" where the feedback is so bad that they close it for a few months and open it with a rework that makes it slightly less embarrassing? Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I'm going to keep the faith for now.

Universal has shown a willingness to "plus" attractions way more than Disney has. Even attractions that are actually great to start with get additions or changes that improve it (Spider-Man, Forbidden Journey). I think F&F will stick around for a while but I really don't think it will remain in its current state for too long. They have to be reading the feedback and considering some minor changes in the short term and significant improvements in the long term. Who knows... this could be Universal's version of "Journey into YOUR Imagination" where the feedback is so bad that they close it for a few months and open it with a rework that makes it slightly less embarrassing? Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I'm going to keep the faith for now.

I can see them waiting for a new F&F movie to come out and then being able to tie it in. Only difficult problem they have is the ride vehicles. An F&F ride should be about racing, not a fight.

This isn't meant to be a slam against you, but I think you just don't follow WDW that close if you think they don't update their rides or enhance in certain ways. Soarin 2.0, Mission Space changes, Test Track 2.0, ST 2.0, Upgrading all film to digital/4K, adding third track to TSMM and Soarin, Enhancing queue experiences (example: Peter Pan queue), Building a new theater for FotLK, etc, etc. I could go on and on.

Point is this is a Universal focused website, so you hear more about what Universal does than what Disney does here (especially the small stuff).

This isn't meant to be a slam against you, but I think you just don't follow WDW that close if you think they don't update their rides or enhance in certain ways. Soarin 2.0, Mission Space changes, Test Track 2.0, ST 2.0, Upgrading all film to digital/4K, adding third track to TSMM and Soarin, Enhancing queue experiences (example: Peter Pan queue), Building a new theater for FotLK, etc, etc. I could go on and on.

Point is this is a Universal focused website, so you hear more about what Universal does than what Disney does here (especially the small stuff).
You know, you're totally right. I used to follow Disney really closely every day on WDWMagic many years ago before everything you just outlined here started happening. They used to not update anything back in the dark days when the parks were languishing but they have definitely been doing this as of late. I'm still pissed they spent all that money on the queue upgrade of the Pan ride but did nothing about the ride itself and the tinfoil Volcano though! Haha. :)

Reactions: Cheezbat and Nick
You know, you're totally right. I used to follow Disney really closely every day on WDWMagic many years ago before everything you just outlined here started happening. They used to not update anything back in the dark days when the parks were languishing but they have definitely been doing this as of late. I'm still pissed they spent all that money on the queue upgrade of the Pan ride but did nothing about the ride itself and the tinfoil Volcano though! Haha. :)
Yeah, even an update to what Disneyland got would be nice. Unfortunately the building is too small to update it to the Shanghai version or else I would say they should do that. Hell, maybe they still should. Open the ride elsewhere and put a different ride in Pan's current space.

Anyway, about that Fast & Furious ride...

Reactions: Ashhanbre

Truth... and then if you look at Disneyland, which is updating everything all the time... Fantasyland dark rides, Fantasmic, ROA, Big Thunder Mountain, and some which are more... controversial (TOT, Paradise Pier etc.)

Reactions: tankart150 and Nick
How did it go Alicia? I hope you aren't still stuck in line. If you are, at least take comfort in knowing that's the best part of the attraction.
I liked it. The front bus is twice as good. Love that you can see where you’re going through the front windshield. You really lose that in the back bus.

Rode 3 times. Not as bad as I was expecting. But I’m easy to please. And they changed several buildings in the city skyline of the ride film to represent San Francisco more, but left shorter ones as LA, hehe.

I had great people in the preshow. The war room looks really cool. Just remember to turn off your cell phones!!!!!!!!! Sheesh they say that too much. I get the joke cause what’s his face gets s call in the musion scene, but it just comes off as rude throughout the attraction how often we’re told to turn them off.

Fun ride though. Everyone I ride with has fun. Little kids were loving it the whole way through! And I think that’s important for this park.

I liked it. The front bus is twice as good. Love that you can see where you’re going through the front windshield. You really lose that in the back bus.

Rode 3 times. Not as bad as I was expecting. But I’m easy to please. And they changed several buildings in the city skyline of the ride film to represent San Francisco more, but left shorter ones as LA, hehe.

I had great people in the preshow. The war room looks really cool. Just remember to turn off your cell phones!!!!!!!!! Sheesh they say that too much. I get the joke cause what’s his face gets s call in the musion scene, but it just comes off as rude throughout the attraction how often we’re told to turn them off.

Fun ride though. Everyone I ride with has fun. Little kids were loving it the whole way through! And I think that’s important for this park.
You liked it!!?? :jawdrop: Nice recap and very interesting regarding the building changes to the skyline. I believe you're the first person who spotted that and reported on it! Was the motion base working properly on all your rides? I've been hearing conflicting things with some people saying it's more dynamic and thrilling than Kong and others saying it barely moved at all.

You liked it!!?? :jawdrop: Nice recap and very interesting regarding the building changes to the skyline. I believe you're the first person who spotted that and reported on it! Was the motion base working properly on all your rides? I've been hearing conflicting things with some people saying it's more dynamic and thrilling than Kong and others saying it barely moved at all.
I’m all about the details, ya know!

Motion base was working for me. It feels like fast rolling down the road most of the time so doesn’t bump as much as Kong. The things crashing into us and the landing from the finale jump felt big though, so definitely working.

Btw, testing is done for the day. Temporary walls going up around the ride.

11135FFB-3963-4BEE-9954-931B9D5303DA.jpeg

Unfortunately they are kind of stuck with options...They would need to re-shoot/re-edit some of the scenes..

So watching another POV. They did NOT delete the LA city skyline, and you're still exiting out of USH's Jurassic Parking Structure lol. Seems like the SF "theme" doesn't expand past the facade.

This just gets better and better.
They did add the TransAmerica Pyramind to the skyline... but I think that's it. Everything else looks like L.A. Another huge wasted opportunity. Imagine racing down the hilly streets of San Francisco, across the Golden Gate Bridge, crashing down Lombard Street, having a near miss with a trolley, etc.

They did add the TransAmerica Pyramind to the skyline... but I think that's it. Everything else looks like L.A. Another huge wasted opportunity. Imagine racing down the hilly streets of San Francisco, across the Golden Gate Bridge, crashing down Lombard Street, having a near miss with a trolley, etc.

The LA scenes are pretty generic too. It's about the chase, not the scenery. But I agree, it would be more interesting to have some iconic LA scenery or SF scenery in the chase.