Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

As a SoCaler, I'd like to point out the most glaring, most obvious *MAJOR* plothole I'm surprised no one has brought up.....

How in the flying crap do these vehicles fly through the heart of LA, WITH NO TRAFFIC WHATSOEVER!!?!?! If this is taking place during sunset or sunrise, either way, it's rush hour. But hey, if the movies can allow Shaw to fall 300ish feet from an airplane and SURVIVE while someone dies falling off a car about six feet, I guess we can have no traffic in LA. God forbid we see Mr. Clean flying on a drone while we're inching down the 91 at six miles an hour.

Last edited:
As a SoCaler, I'd like to point out the most glaring, most obvious *MAJOR* plothole I'm surprised no one has brought up.....

How in the flying crap do these vehicles fly through the heart of LA, WITH NO TRAFFIC WHATSOEVER!!?!?! If this is taking place during sunset or sunrise, either way, it's rush hour. But hey, if the movies can allow Shaw to fall 300ish feet from an airplane while someone dies falling off a car, I guess we can have no traffic in LA. God forbid we see Mr. Clean flying on a drone while we're inching down the 91 at six miles an hour.
Artistic license. I have been on the Hogwarts Express with Brits who say that the highway shown on the ride never has that little traffic.

They added a couple buildings and a bridge. But only changed the appearance of the top of the US Bank building and the rest still look like LA. Noticed on my third ride. At least they updated the skyline at all lol. It’s not very noticeable unless you’re really looking for it.

But then there’s this in the main Universal gift shop:

37D39285-A64F-42C3-B26C-ED79DE83BE17.jpeg

How in the flying crap do these vehicles fly through the heart of LA, WITH NO TRAFFIC WHATSOEVER!!?!?! If this is taking place during sunset or sunrise, either way, it's rush hour. But hey, if the movies can allow Shaw to fall 300ish feet from an airplane and SURVIVE while someone dies falling off a car about six feet, I guess we can have no traffic in LA. God forbid we see Mr. Clean flying on a drone while we're inching down the 91 at six miles an hour.

FWIW this is probably the one we can forgive the most. There's a certain amount of logic in films and attractions we need to just put away to go "ok this has to be this way to be fun".

FWIW this is probably the one we can forgive the most. There's a certain amount of logic in films and attractions we need to just put away to go "ok this has to be this way to be fun".
I can forgive some of the plotholes because the plot is hard to distinguish anyway (which is the bigger problem).

As Brian stated though, Fallon worked with guests in part because the ride matched what they expect from someone like Fallon. I can't quite say what guests are expecting out of a F&F ride, but I feel like this ride isn't it. If i'm coming in blind, I think it's a fair assumption of me to expect the F&F attraction actually go fast.

As Brian stated though, Fallon worked with guests in part because the ride matched what they expect from someone like Fallon. I can't quite say what guests are expecting out of a F&F ride, but I feel like this ride isn't it. If i'm coming in blind, I think it's a fair assumption of me to expect the F&F attraction actually go fast.

Agreed. And at the very least, if you're going a slow moving simulator route, it should have been something in the vein of Transformers/Spiderman because the simulation of movement on there is incredibly convincing.

Agreed. And at the very least, if you're going a slow moving simulator route, it should have been something in the vein of Transformers/Spiderman because the simulation of movement on there is incredibly convincing.
I wouldn't have minded the Kong tech, but smaller and capable of moving through tighter show scenes...no stops..At that point it's just a good trackless dark ride

I mean, all we really want is a continuous moving dark ride with practical effects

And am I crazy or did I not see a track on F&F. Looks to be trackless to me. Who else was expecting a bus bar after all the issues with Kong?

Turns out the biggest problem Kong had at the end of the day wasn’t the trackless sensors, but the car bodies falling apart from all the bumpiness. I bet it’s a lot easier to hide ride sensors throughout an urban environment than an outside jungle setting too.

And I did love the endless back alley tunnel effect in the beginning btw, very convincingly done. This ride has amazing tech in it for sure. Too bad it’s coming out now, at peak screen fatigue.

And am I crazy or did I not see a track on F&F. Looks to be trackless to me. Who else was expecting a bus bar after all the issues with Kong?

Turns out the biggest problem Kong had at the end of the day wasn’t the trackless sensors, but the car bodies falling apart from all the bumpiness. I bet it’s a lot easier to hide ride sensors throughout an urban environment than an outside jungle setting too.

And I did love the endless back alley tunnel effect in the beginning btw, very convincingly done. This ride has amazing tech in it for sure. Too bad it’s coming out now, at peak screen fatigue.
Yes, we were talking about that the past few weeks (it being trackless). I don't know who started the bus bar rumor last year, but evidently that was incorrect info. And, Oceaneering was involved in both this & Kong.

We were wrong on them replacing the ride system, it's exactly like Kong. Hell it even has some of the same crab drive Kong has (note when it approaches the ride platform it moves in a diagonal direction).

We were wrong on them replacing the ride system, it's exactly like Kong. Hell it even has some of the same crab drive Kong has (note when it approaches the ride platform it moves in a diagonal direction).
Yea I noticed the crab steering. They either replaced the shocks, or just won't have as much issues given the less bumpy experience overall on this one.