Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 329 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But also gained Diagon/London/ HE /Gringotts (2014). That's just about worth a whole park there, so much quality.No land has yet to be finished that equals that...............Just to interject on F&F. I won't experience it for another 24 days, and from what I've read it doesn't sound too promising. Though, I'll make my personal determination at that time....BUT, what is kind of amazing to me is that EXPECTATIONS for this attraction were the lowest I've ever seen for an attraction. So, I'm somewhat confused by a lot of the comments since I kind of thought we had become impervious to this & had accepted it to be a mediocre attraction. Is F&F actually worse than we expected? The added scenes at the beginning seem to be above what anyone expected. Or, perhaps we thought they would plus the 360 scene like they did with Kong. Evidently, the company that did that 360 scene is really at the core of this problem, since just about everyone, Hollywood & Orlando, considers it to be shoddy work. Or, are we ranting because we know UC is capable of better work.....Anyway, it's good to see that the forum discussion has had so much input. I've enjoyed reading everyone's comments, and it seems to have remained pretty civil for the most part. :thumbsup:

Can do better and should have done better with this IP, The clue for the ride is in the title. Screen fatigue also has to have a lot to do with the backlash.

Can do better and should have done better with this IP, The clue for the ride is in the title. Screen fatigue also has to have a lot to do with the backlash.

It's still better than Navi River Journey (excluding the animatronic at the end). At least you don't have to wait forever for the lackluster ride like you do at DAK because of capacity.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
It's still better than Navi River Journey (excluding the animatronic at the end). At least you don't have to wait forever for the lackluster ride like you do at DAK because of capacity.
Very true. Although I do like Navi River for what it is. Once the luster of Pandora wears off, I think most will view Navi as a worthy addition. Remember, DAK is a park full of E tickets, and E tickets only, outside of the two horrendous attractions at Chester & Hester. They needed a B/C on the other end of the park- in particular next to their biggest E.

Oh my god. I'm just gonna end this here because you clearly are not comprehending what I'm saying.
That's the equivalent of saying "I'm sorry if you were offended".

Instead of it being someone else's fault for "not comprehending"- Could it be possible that either:
A) You aren't expressing yourself coherently?
B) You aren't correct?

I actually consider this good timing. This will be a good learning experience for Universal before they start building the next park.

All well and good, but assuming they do learn, 2022 USO becomes 2018 DHS. Already the oldest park, it will look silly compared to a brand-new screenz-less park.

Hundredth time, vacation days are a zero-sum game. MK and Pew Pew Land make a strong case for 2. Average guest has 4. How do you make a compelling case for more than IoA and Park 3 (or more than Park 3 and EPCOT)?

Hundredth time, vacation days are a zero-sum game. MK and Pew Pew Land make a strong case for 2. Average guest has 4. How do you make a compelling case for more than IoA and Park 3 (or more than Park 3 and EPCOT)?

IDK the statistics on park hoppers (I think people here have said upwards of 75% of guests have them), but I think this could be the real genius of Hogwarts Express. It virtually turns IoA and USF into one park.

IDK the statistics on park hoppers (I think people here have said upwards of 75% of guests have them), but I think this could be the real genius of Hogwarts Express. It virtually turns IoA and USF into one park.
Yes, I've been saying that also for a good while, really, for all intents and purposes, one giant park. It was during one of the Comcast quarterly conference calls that Comcast stated that 80% of all tickets sold are park hoppers. Hogwart's Express turned out to be pure genius, and a huge money maker.

I guess if you put a camera in people's faces and say it will be used in an official video they are bound to say something positive. Someone in that video actually said they loved the fast pacing of the ride. Say what now? I guess sitting in a bus for 2 minutes watching people dance and then argue to your right while the ride vehicle does absolutely nothing but idle is a real thrill-a-minute for some people. Such great pacing! :eek:O:

Hey, if people manage to enjoy it... more power to them, but I think putting out more "hype" materials will do the ride a disservice. More expectations isn't what this ride needs at this point.

Last edited:
At least they tried. I'm just ready for whatever announcement(s) we may get after the "official" opening on May 2nd.

There's apparantly a stage being set up today (And support stuff by the lagoon) for whatever they are planning for on the opening/media event.. (no photos?)

I love that Uni is getting slammed by bad reviews. Just checked their Instagram Supercharged post and people are literally going off, with some negative comments getting up to 50 likes.

hqdefault.jpg

I have never seen this kind of response to a ride. Hopefully they are shook. The general public is woke.

Last edited: