Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Interesting point, I wonder if Volcano Bay has rebounded since their original onslaught of negative reviews. I did read those reviews closely and honestly most of them seemed like actual patrons who spent time at the parks based on their lengthy and detailed reviews. However when I made it there I couldn't believe it, because I thought the place was amazing!
on trip advisor it has
much better ratings now
most of the negative reviews were logistical, stuff that can be corrected

Temporary stage and lots more equipment up for next week’s event. Just wish it wasn’t closed right now. Was actually looking forward to riding before heading home.

But I suspect Universal & Disney don't really give them any real credence either.

They take them seriously enough that they have a team of at least 4 people responding to every comment (2,100) on Volcano Bay's Google reviews

Interesting point, I wonder if Volcano Bay has rebounded since their original onslaught of negative reviews. I did read those reviews closely and honestly most of them seemed like actual patrons who spent time at the parks based on their lengthy and detailed reviews. However when I made it there I couldn't believe it, because I thought the place was amazing!

Looks like people still either love it or hate it. Average 3.2 on 2,100 reviews heavily weighted to 5 stars or 1 star

Google Maps

I know that people that want to defend UNI and want to defend this ride are saying that the comments on twitter do not represent the General public or that they are a tiny number of people in comparison to the general audience.

But it bears mentioning that on Youtube some people are starting to upload videos of the ride and the comments on all the videos are like 85% negative. from mocking to angry bursts of posting to just general hate.
So if between twitter and facebook and now Youtube with probably thousands and thousands of people upset, i dont know how much the general public will actually accept it.

people were expecting a fast and furious ride.... people were expecting a fast coaster or something like Test track,
people were expecting speed.... something like the mummy. This slow moving screen ride is not doing well with so many people....
I knew this was coming.....

Rode with wife today. She’s my GP review gauge. :lol:

Ride finishes - “What was that? Was that it?”

We also may or may not have been on a bus that was very audibly displeased with the attraction.
i havent rode it yet nor have i watched a video yet because ill be there in 6 weeks
i cant imagine its that bad

Rode with wife today. She’s my GP review gauge. :lol:

Ride finishes - “What was that? Was that it?”

We also may or may not have been on a bus that was very audibly displeased with the attraction.
It's funny you said that. I do the same with Alene. Since she doesn't follow, or really know, anything about any Universal or Disney park, except what she experiences the day of, I use her as my General Public gauge. Of course, tastes vary from person to person, but her views do cut through all the conceptions from knowing as much background as most of us do.

Well, finally ride it yesterday. And well ... what can one say ... I mean, could they've at least made some attempt to cover the edges of the screen? The 360 came off as very lame and cheap, only good feature was the smoke, wind and water. Before that, the first dark road segment and the brick buildings, that was ok, then the party scene, that was horrible. My daughter (soon to be 14) liked the second pre-show better than the ride, she loved the cringy dude who had hist first day on the job. As for me, I was just wondering what the Rock was cooking lol.