Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 333 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The sets are going up for the media preview/grand opening. Note the Jersey Barriers in the foreground. They are going to do some nasty car tricks I would assume.

I wonder if trees will return after the opening. They mighta needed the space for equipment, or they were a hazard with the pyro, or maybe they just wanted a clean view of the words on the sign in every angle for media footage.

Reactions: tankart150
the ride is very interesting depending on where you look.I like to sit in the back bus and just watch the front bus the entire ride plus after the starting section where you turn right you can easily see a massive backstage area.

Just bring some fireworks rev up some engines and let's move forward (Potter coaster), I am still upset we dont even have a name, just kills me.
This has become a very annoying trend lately in the film business and it appears to be spreading to the parks division. A while back, when studios announced production on something before a title was settled upon internally, the press release would just say something like, "Untitled Nicole Kidman Thriller." Eventually the title would be decided on and the release schedule would reflect the change with little to no fanfare. At some point a marketing executive realized withholding even basic information (like an official title) helped fuel hype and bring the movie back into the press circles so now it's become a big "event" when a movie announces the title. I'm assuming it started with the Star Wars subtitles but now everyone is doing it. Even smaller film series like the Purge had a "Title Announcement" for the most recent one "The First Purge."

Now we get "Untitled Universal Hotel," "Untitled Stunt Show" and "Untitled Harry Potter Ride" so that there can be a second round of news articles when the titles are announced like what they did with Endless Summer.

the ride is very interesting depending on where you look.I like to sit in the back bus and just watch the front bus the entire ride plus after the starting section where you turn right you can easily see a massive backstage area.
Yea I thought it was weird you can see backstage behind both musion sets, and it’s fully lit back there, as you’re turning the first right turn, behind the snorting revved up engine car.

The sets are going up for the media preview/grand opening. Note the Jersey Barriers in the foreground. They are going to do some nasty car tricks I would assume.

I know they can't, but I would love to see them keep something like that over the fence there

GoogleReviews.png

The Google reviews for this are going down slowly each day which runs counter to what happened with Kong and even Empire of Penguin. On twitter, to their credit, Universal has been responding to most of the negative tweets pretty quickly with "I'm so sorry to read that you're disappointed with our new ride. I will be sure to pass your feedback along to the proper teams." I don't think opening a poorly received ride is the end of the world or that it will have any measurable effect on attendance in the short term but at some point, intensely negative reactions like this can reach a critical mass that causes management to get involved and make some decisions. I truly think this will receive minor tweaks in the short term and possibly much larger changes down the line once some of the newer attractions open and they can afford to close it for a short "refurbishment."

Reactions: tankart150
View attachment 6609

The Google reviews for this are going down slowly each day which runs counter to what happened with Kong and even Empire of Penguin. On twitter, to their credit, Universal has been responding to most of the negative tweets pretty quickly with "I'm so sorry to read that you're disappointed with our new ride. I will be sure to pass your feedback along to the proper teams." I don't think opening a poorly received ride is the end of the world or that it will have any measurable effect on attendance in the short term but at some point, intensely negative reactions like this can reach a critical mass that causes management to get involved and make some decisions. I truly think this will receive minor tweaks in the short term and possibly much larger changes down the line once some of the newer attractions open and they can afford to close it for a short "refurbishment."
Short-term Improvement. Two words:

Free Corona

cerveza-corona-33-cl-caja-24-unidades.jpg

View attachment 6609

We may see some small changes, but ultimately there's only so much they can do short of gutting the thing. The experience is what it is.

We may see some small changes, but ultimately there's only so much they can do short of gutting the thing. The experience is what it is.
Yea, at least Journey into your Imagination and Superstar Limo had perfectly suitable ride systems to work from. This isn’t necessarily one where changing the scenery would fix what people don’t like about it most.

Hhaaahhaaahhaaahhaaa!!!! I better not hear "and the" in any more attractions.
Considering all the books (and movies) had “and the”- I’m more than fine with the rides following suit.

Exactly. The only way to “fix” this ride is to Fix the perception of the rest of the park. And that means Shrek, DM and/or the Simpsons needs replaced with something physical.

If F&F was only one of 4 screen based attractions (Fallon, Gringotts, Trans), it’d be totally fine.
The issue is it’s one of 7.

Yea, at least Journey into your Imagination and Superstar Limo had perfectly suitable ride systems to work from. This isn’t necessarily one where changing the scenery would fix what people don’t like about it most.

Dramatically tightening the musion sequence and attempting to make the ride film less overtly cartoonish would help, but yeah... the bigger issue runs deeper to an extent that can't be fixed.

Exactly. The only way to “fix” this ride is to Fix the perception of the rest of the park. And that means Shrek, DM and/or the Simpsons needs replaced with something physical.

If F&F was only one of 4 screen based attractions (Fallon, Gringotts, Trans), it’d be totally fine. The issue is it’s one of 7.

Absolutely.

attempting to make the ride film less overtly cartoonish would help

That was one of the things that really struck me, that more than any other screen ride, in F&F you really just feel like it is nothing more than a screen. If ever the practical effects don't work, this would be a disaster, as aside from those, the visuals themselves appear very distant. To me it felt very incoherent and far away, no immersion whatsoever. The film, practical effects and the movement of the RV, they all seemed to take place in different realms and did not provide a unified experience. It was like sitting in a car without a roof, watching a movie while it rains, everything is separate.