Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interesting experience on the pass member preview this morning. The loading queue is way the the end just before the wheelchair boarding spot. Lots of crew people all over and it seemed to be going smoothly. Once the tram departed, however, I was reminded why previews and technical rehearsals are necessary. We drove about 20 feet and the tour guide asked the driver where we were going. Turns out no one had told the driver this was an express tram and he was going the usual way. So we had to stop while he called for instructions. Now it's an adventure!

The tram can't turn around so we're going to take a different route than other express trams. Mostly it was like the usual tour path. No special behind the scenes route. But we got to experience part of the Supercharged tour that tram only going through the attraction missed. I won't spoil it but it have great insight into how Supercharged is integrated throughout the tour and requires the guides to act and play particular videos at the right time. In other words, those of us who have experienced the preview have not had the full Supercharged experience.

Upon entering the attraction, at the dance party portion, there was a fault and tram was diverted out the side. SO we went around and tried again. We got a little farther along in the party scene and the same thing happened again. Around we go. Third times the charm and we got the full attraction experience.

Personally I enjoyed it. Is it exactly what I dreamed? Of course not. But my expectations are my responsibility. There's a good mix of characters from the film as well as action so there should be something for everyone. If you want to have a good time, you will. If you want to disect it looking for weaknesses, you'll find some. I have yet to experience a perfect attraction anywhere.

So, to those who haven't ridden yet but are believing the negative reviews I simply ask you to check your expectations at the gate and proceed with an open mind. Not because I'm convinced every criticism is wrong, but because sometimes theme parks, like life, is what YOU make of it.

Well, went and saw it this morning, I'll put a video up soon.

Interesting tidbits: They have now removed the jokes about the hot girls in the third row. Entirely cut out. Good.

It's way better in person. Maybe that's obvious... But the cg and animation works better when I'm in the middle of it rather than watching it on my computer.

The musion stuff is quite cool. Even when Dom and letty are standing on the back of a psyical car, you never see their feet bob unnaturally or anything. The tech is impressive. The dance club looks better in person.

It ends WAY TO ABRUPTLY. We are in the air! We land! And then.... Black screen and music!

Overall, I was happier seeing it in person for some reason. I would still take kong overall though.

Since there will apparently be no softs, I said, "screw it" and signed me and my sister up for Monday morning preview. I'm going to see if all of these poor reviews are warranted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be visiting Monday, the 15th, and the 21st. I personally can't wait to experience it in person despite negative reviews. As JPLA said, it's what YOU make of it. I'm gonna go in with lowered expectations but will go in with the mission of having fun.

The parking structure that is in Supercahged is supposed to be the Jurassic Park parking structure. :)

18592619188_305f7f7753_b.jpg

So theres another POV which seems like its a little bit of the shortened first preshow. Then theres the showing of a certain effect. Also, I found something interesting..Why does it seem that theres a Coca Cola product placement in the 360 theatre scene? Heres the video to see the ride without an amped audio...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0vDWvW3NXg

At what time did you see the Coke placement?

I went on today and came off disappointed. The main experience felt super short. And the musion looked weird and two dimensional. The action was what I expected, but weird storyline and script. The animation quality was ok, but I'm serious why they went with this New Deal Studios, by the way, who has never worked on a theme park attraction before. 

I went on the preview this morning, but we had to go through 4 times due to technical glitches in the actual ride scene.  The first three times, we saw the parking lot and heard sounds but the ride didn't actually start, but the fourth time we rode it, I was very impressed with the actual ride itself.  Rather than simply looking like 3D screens, it really felt like you were driving through the streets and freeways of Los Angeles on a high speed chase!  I also LOVED those holograms in the party scene and even more so, the fact that they were projected with live props and not on screens and the fact that they weren't in 3D!  I wonder if we will see holograms like these on the Forbidden Journey queue vs the on-screen projections they use in Orlando.  Oh and another great part was that I happened to be sitting in the same row who I believe was Ethan Hawke, who was super nice!  I chatted with him on and off the tour and he even gave me a high-five after the ride finally worked!  

I also took some pictures outside and in the first two "shows" of the ride, before the actual ride itself.

2015_06_13_12_57_27.jpg

2015_06_13_12_59_59.jpg

2015_06_13_13_00_11.jpg

2015_06_13_13_06_36.jpg

Reactions: 12th Man
Nice to hear varying opinions, glad to hear you enjoyed it IMDBMAN! Can't wait to experience it myself on Monday, I haven't watched any videos except a few clips of the in-tram footage.

Without even being on it yet, I can already tell they over relied on and overused the actors. Also, I can't believe that the main ride segment is short. That was the biggest complaint about Kong. Oh well. Can't wait to give my full thoughts on Monday.

Ok I just got back from Supercharged, and well I really enjoyed it!

I have to say reading negative reviews and then setting my expectations low for me and my group worked out very well.

I do think most of the banter with with the tour guide and security is really bad and should be cut.

Ending was a little abrupt, but to me kongs ending is too.

Anyway over all great experience, the musion was really well done.

I feel most of the effects look good in person, being knocked around helped a lot!

I don't understand why we get wet on the experience lol. Left side felt like it gets more wet...

is there bad language in this? i hear michelle say  " Jerky McJerkface" or something? what does she really say? its when she grabs the villians car with the tractor