Forbidden Journey Refurbishment (Update: Early Dec) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Forbidden Journey Refurbishment (Update: Early Dec)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the weird thing about the timing and length suggested. I would think they want other popular rides open when Kong is debuting in order to handle the expected crowds so they have other things to do once they have ridden Kong.

Reactions: Macfr3ak
163.gif

Could we see the ride come back from refurb with Express? Wasn't there a rumor awhile back that the "Castle Tour" had been stopped and Express may be coming to the ride?

Reactions: Ryno27
I haven't followed the Hollywood stuff...is that the only upgrade from Florida? I didn't even know it was 3D.

Was thinking... if merch knows about it but ops doesn't.. and there's no reason merch would know a schedule ahead of ops really.. what if it is just for the lockers and the ride itself wont close but the shop will?

And then the lockers will expand into the shop?
That could make sense. Fix the locker situation. Then, if it's true the 3D conversion just takes a night to do, they can implement 3D sometime after.

10 days huh....

I can't help but imagine Kong would at least be planned for soft openings to ease guest capacity and more importantly guest complaints. Which is why there are no hard dates yet. They could be gunning for late April into Early May for all we know but one team is probably on hold until Kong is on routine soft openings. Now in 10 days what can be done? Well I'd imagine they plan on working 24/7 to accomplish as much as possible during a downtime. He is a quick list of possible things we could see after that 10 days of downtime plus whatever prep work I'm sure they start on before the fact.
  • 3D Conversion
  • Changes to Show Lighting
  • Fix the FREAKING LOCKER ROOM!!
  • Introduce Express
  • Install Glasses Washroom onsite
  • Screen and projector updates / replacements
  • Exterior and Interior Paint Touch ups
  • Finally finish the Dementor finale (BIGGEST WISH OF ALL)

Status
Not open for further replies.