Forbidden Journey Screens | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Forbidden Journey Screens

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How about the BIGGEST incontinuity where when your flying with Harry, its obviously daytime, yet in the forrest & womping willow scenes, its suddenly night time? That might not be whats intended, especially due to lighting issues, but from a spectators point of view, thats how I see it.

You've got to keep in mind that in the books, the forest was described as being so thick that it appeared to be night time in the middle of the day in some parts as I recall. It's supposed to be a pretty dark place. I totally agree with you on the Whomping Willow scene though, although that might be forgivable for the 'storm' that began during the Quidditch match.

And just so everyone know, I love Spiderman, so I am not against these types of rides. I also am a HP fan and read all the books long before I ever went to see this. Just the all over the place SL has always gotten me. I think it was a matter of we don't know if we will have a phase 2, lets throw everything in here so people will be happy that they get to see everything. But I think if they had cut some stuff and made other parts longer, it would have made a much better ride.

And just so everyone know, I love Spiderman, so I am not against these types of rides. I also am a HP fan and read all the books long before I ever went to see this. Just the all over the place SL has always gotten me. I think it was a matter of we don't know if we will have a phase 2, lets throw everything in here so people will be happy that they get to see everything. But I think if they had cut some stuff and made other parts longer, it would have made a much better ride.

I know what you mean :thumbs: Also, I completely agree that they tried to put as much Potter-verse into Phase 1, that even some parts of Phase 2 might feel sort of 'been there, done that' (with Ollivanders and Zonko's/WWW). It seems that they didn't expect the success it had, so they didn't invest or plan with the certainty of a Phase 2, so they crammed as much as they could in Phase 1. But, who can blame them; they made a huge investment while they were down and did not have a guarantee that it would be hugely successful or as well received as it was, so it's understandable. Now if only they could work on the parts that could use some improvements, it would be awesome! Like the screen situation :p I think that if they mess around with the lighting, dim and/or redirect them, the images could look a lot better, and not like we're staring at screens :thumbs:

I know what you mean :thumbs: Also, I completely agree that they tried to put as much Potter-verse into Phase 1, that even some parts of Phase 2 might feel sort of 'been there, done that' (with Ollivanders and Zonko's/WWW). It seems that they didn't expect the success it had, so they didn't invest or plan with the certainty of a Phase 2, so they crammed as much as they could in Phase 1. But, who can blame them; they made a huge investment while they were down and did not have a guarantee that it would be hugely successful or as well received as it was, so it's understandable. Now if only they could work on the parts that could use some improvements, it would be awesome! Like the screen situation :p I think that if they mess around with the lighting, dim and/or redirect them, the images could look a lot better, and not like we're staring at screens :thumbs:

I wouldn't be shocked if a phase 3, wasn't just to clean up some of phase 1. Removing Olivander for some other shop, fixing up FJ to have a clearer SL (maybe remove the dragons or dementors since they will be in phase 2), cleaning up DC and making a better queue. Basically going through and fixing all the issues with Phase 1, while making their key ride better, opening a new shop, and maybe adding 1 ride to Phase 2 (where I believe they might have extra space. And if they find space in Phase 1 side, adding a smaller ride there. And when I say add a ride, I don't mean e-ticket, something smaller and family friendly. Especially on the phase 1 side it would need to be a family ride to counteract many not being able to go on DC or FJ. So overall cleanup, but some additions to they can advertise it. I also don't think this will be done until Phase 2 has been opened for 3 to 4 years and then a completion of phase 3 at the 5-6 year mark.

I think once phase 2 is done that will be it for potter for a long time. The rest of the parks will be in need of some desperate TLC by then (I'm looking at you Jurassic Park). Adding more expansion could be detrimental 10-15 years down the line if Harry Potter loses its popularity to something similar.

I agree, JP, kidzone, and many other places will get upgraded first. Most like JP and Kidzone in 2014. Which is why I said it would be years down the road. But I do see them cleaning it up a bit, not a full scale major build out like we have now and it won't take over any existing rides. But if there is land to put a small attraction in I see them doing that IF they spruce up phase 1. Only because they will want something to advertise to get people back down here again. But I don't see major stuff happening here.

And HP will die down like Star Wars. It won't happen because the generation that was big into HP will pass it down to their kids. I know i have all the books waiting for my daughter and son to read and I am not even a huge potterhead. I don't do any of the pottermore or go on any HP forums. But still would like my kids to read and enjoy the books/movies and take them to Uni.

I wouldn't be shocked if a phase 3, wasn't just to clean up some of phase 1. Removing Olivander for some other shop, fixing up FJ to have a clearer SL (maybe remove the dragons or dementors since they will be in phase 2), cleaning up DC and making a better queue. Basically going through and fixing all the issues with Phase 1, while making their key ride better, opening a new shop, and maybe adding 1 ride to Phase 2 (where I believe they might have extra space. And if they find space in Phase 1 side, adding a smaller ride there. And when I say add a ride, I don't mean e-ticket, something smaller and family friendly. Especially on the phase 1 side it would need to be a family ride to counteract many not being able to go on DC or FJ. So overall cleanup, but some additions to they can advertise it. I also don't think this will be done until Phase 2 has been opened for 3 to 4 years and then a completion of phase 3 at the 5-6 year mark.

The "thing that goes wrong" on FJ making more then just a ride from the room of requirement to the quidditch field is the dragon. So taking that out wouldn't really clean up the ride at all. Apparently what you want is just a different story all together. Also if Olivanders were to go it would be more likely that Dervish and Banges would just eat that space (and probably for a stock room, not more retail space) then to add another store.

The "thing that goes wrong" on FJ making more then just a ride from the room of requirement to the quidditch field is the dragon. So taking that out wouldn't really clean up the ride at all. Apparently what you want is just a different story all together. Also if Olivanders were to go it would be more likely that Dervish and Banges would just eat that space (and probably for a stock room, not more retail space) then to add another store.

If they wanted to they could put a different "something goes wrong" also, the SL is so all over the place I don't think I have ever really understood the sequence of everything on that ride. You just feel like you are being tossed from one scene to the next scene.

I would be surprised if they took it out to put nothing in. At that point keep it.

Realistically, they're going to leave it just as is (and build the other two the same way).

But if they were to re-do it you would have to re-do everything from the first carousel on, so you don't really have much or a ride left untouched.

Also if Olivanders were to go it would be more likely that Dervish and Banges would just eat that space (and probably for a stock room, not more retail space) then to add another store.

It would be my preference, and I think also a good business decision, to close Phase 1 Ollivanders and transform it to another niche store with exclusive merchandise. That way they could capitalize on that space, and fans could have more/new places to visit, and more exclusive merch items to purchase. I would still sell the replica wands in the other stores and carts, but limit the exclusive wands to Ollivanders in Diagon Alley. I would maybe even close that walking space between Ollivanders and Spintwitches and expand retail space there, since there would no longer be a need for a queue to Ollivanders.

Anyways, that idea, along with an overlay of Dragon's queue to become a Forbidden Forest walk-through complete with AAs of Centaurs, Thestrals, Unicorns, etc., that would be my ideal Phase 3. (Oh, and obviously I'd also like some touch-up here and there -- don't hate me, but... more rockwork to cover the showbuilding...)

It would be my preference, and I think also a good business decision, to close Phase 1 Ollivanders and transform it to another niche store with exclusive merchandise. That way they could capitalize on that space, and fans could have more/new places to visit, and more exclusive merch items to purchase. I would still sell the replica wands in the other stores and carts, but limit the exclusive wands to Ollivanders in Diagon Alley. I would maybe even close that walking space between Ollivanders and Spintwitches and expand retail space there, since there would no longer be a need for a queue to Ollivanders.

Anyways, that idea, along with an overlay of Dragon's queue to become a Forbidden Forest walk-through complete with AAs of Centaurs, Thestrals, Unicorns, etc., that would be my ideal Phase 3. (Oh, and obviously I'd also like some touch-up here and there -- don't hate me, but... more rockwork to cover the showbuilding...)

I know this is going to sound stupid but they never thought olivanders was going to need a queue, so that open space was designed to be open. So if they got rid of Olivanders then I would assume they would leave it open.

I have actually heard rumor of another wand shop taking Olvander's place in phase 1

Realistically, they're going to leave it just as is (and build the other two the same way).

But if they were to re-do it you would have to re-do everything from the first carousel on, so you don't really have much or a ride left untouched.

I know it is probably more of a wish than a reality.

I remember hearing that part of the Potter agreement was that something new had to be added every 5 years, is this correct?

I remember hearing that part of the Potter agreement was that something new had to be added every 5 years, is this correct?

No one's really seen the deal. The speculation is that since the potter deal was signed and the area opened before all the movies came out the agreement was that things from the final movies would be added after the movies came out.

If you're interested, 5 days ago the carousels on Forbidden Journey received new video and ride profiling.

The new profile is intense and the testing for Japan's Forbidden Journey where the ride should will be less intense for their population.

Most notably the motion on the axi is limited and the dive sections are more pronounced. Carousel 3 has brand new video with several different angles.

If you're interested, 5 days ago the carousels on Forbidden Journey received new video and ride profiling.

The new profile is intense and the testing for Japan's Forbidden Journey where the ride should will be less intense for their population.

Most notably the motion on the axi is limited and the dive sections are more pronounced. Carousel 3 has brand new video with several different angles.

So Orlando is currently running a less intense ride profile with an altered 3rd carousel projection to test for Japan's less intense version, is that correct? How long will the altered aspects last?

I didn't mean that end of the deal, that's the business partnership end of it. There is additional paperwork with the "trade secrets" in it outlining what was to be done, future additions to the area that are guaranteed, ect. But here in Florida they don't make it to the public filings. Also outlining many of those rules that Universal has to follow to keep WB and JK happy.