Frozen Ever After | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Completely agree. This IMO marks the beginning of the end of the World Showcase,

We're LONG past that point. 3 Cabs taking over Mexico, the entire place becoming a knockoff dive bar, the constant loss of equity performers, etc.

EPCOT is dead. It's a shell of its former self. It's the worst park (IMO) Disney has in its domestic lineup, including water parks.

Reactions: wdwparksfan
I actually liked the new lumberjack show quite a bit. I think Epcot still has it's charms. If they re-do imagination, Universe of Energy, and completely replace Mission Space I think Future World would be in much better shape. I think World Showcase "works" still, even though it may be a shadow of it's former self. Disney has built it up to be this Foodie destination, and it's worked out well for them. Why they want to muddy those waters by adding a Fantasyland attraction is beyond me. They might as well build a bridge over the entrance to Norway, because that area is about to get super congested. The drunks at Food and Wine fest will have a difficult time navigating those crowds.

I will point out that Frozen's Meet & Greet was 45 min on Sunday at 3pm, with Rapunzel and Aurora being 75. I don't know if that was an anomaly, or the CM's over in the Frozen side are more efficient, or maybe a sign of the hype dying down a bit.

Frozen isn't going anywhere. It was a beloved movie. Even most of the Frozen-everything's detractors like the movie. Just a shame that when the hype dies down, and they stop doing Frozen X-Mas lighting, Summer Fun, etc... They'll have a really pretty attraction shoved into Norway to "get this thing done".

Not familiar with that facility's ops, but don't they have more rooms dedicated to Anna & Elsa versus the other princesses? Higher capacity would probably translate to lower waits.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Epcot is just what we would call "a piss up" unless you want to get poop faced and sample lots of foreign food there's no point. I went with a first timer last month... we did SSE, TT, Soarin, MS, the land, walked round the world showcase and left.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Not familiar with that facility's ops, but don't they have more rooms dedicated to Anna & Elsa versus the other princesses? Higher capacity would probably translate to lower waits.

It could be Anna and Elsa hug and churn the kids quicker than the other princesses who are allowed to talk and interact more? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Clive
So it's a log? It looks like a carved boat. I know carved boats are made out of logs. But raisins are grapes and we still call them raisins. I'm calling them boats.

I wonder how are relationships between WDW and Norway. I know Norway was not very happy about WDW taking over most of the pavillion.
I hope Norway is getting a great deal on their sponsorship.

I wonder how are relationships between WDW and Norway. I know Norway was not very happy about WDW taking over most of the pavillion.

Well Disney runs cruise lines to Norway now. I'm sure that balances things out in Disney's eyes.

Huh? Norway is out. Disney asked them to pony up more money in order to keep the pavilion as is or have it bulldozed for Frozen. They told Disney to suck it and so Arendelle was born. (I'm paraphrasing)

When Epcot Center was being developed Disney used all sorts of foreign delegates to make sure that the pavilions were culturally relevant and did not insult the host country. Disney's fairly recent actions with Norway prove that is no longer the case. Plus, the addition to the side of the Norwegian pavilion seems to go against the old philosophy of every country having the same size footprint around the lagoon. (Also, Disney used various scientists and sci-fi authors like Ray Bradbury to design Future World, and today's Disney when given the chance to work with someone like Neil DeGrasse Tyson have him voice a pig on Gravity Falls)

Huh? Norway is out. Disney asked them to pony up more money in order to keep the pavilion as is or have it bulldozed for Frozen. They told Disney to suck it and so Arendelle was born. (I'm paraphrasing)
Well if this statement is 100% accurate, Then that's the end of WS. I can see the IP invassion trend happening, just like Future World. So what's the point of Epcot anymore?

This attraction is going to be a crowd control nightmare. With fastpasses gone long before the park even opens, standby times will be hours long, and there is no where to hold a line like that in the area. Not to mention the thousands of guests who aren't even going to able to get on the ride each day because of limited capacity.

It will be a PR & Guest Satisfaction nightmare, no doubt.
This attraction is going to be a crowd control nightmare. With fastpasses gone long before the park even opens, standby times will be hours long, and there is no where to hold a line like that in the area. Not to mention the thousands of guests who aren't even going to able to get on the ride each day because of limited capacity.

The last couple times I went to EPCOT I was so disappointed. Nothing really new to see, food was over priced (even for theme parks) and lines were some of the longest I have seen. I'm ok with characters invading the WS, but it is the lack of any innovation for years that has turned me off. I fully believe the main reason anyone visits EPCOT anymore is because Disney makes the 4-5 multi day pass such a bargain. You get a 5 day for $325 or a 2 day for $205. So for $120 more you can 3 extra days. I know there are still some out there that love EPCOT (I wish I still could), but the reason EPCOT and AK gets a large part of its attendance is great Marketing/Pricing, not innovation.