Frozen Ever After | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh... ooooooh....

img_1268.jpg

I was comparing the two, and the whole truncated building isn't new.. it's the color and all that makes it look odd.

Then you question - why did they change what they did?

The entry facade section on the right was switched to a more Gothic period appearance. That fits better with Elsa's ice castle and such, so I'll allow it. They also reworked the entry doors allow all the entrances to be there.. The old arcade-style doors on the other chunk (now removed) were where the Tourism office and the exit from the film were located (later FP distribution.)

So, ok, those are gone.. and in their place appears to be some sort of awning. Ok, rerouted the queue to the old theater and getting a bit more floor space - ok. Got it.

But then the second level? Why change the windows?

The old windows were the old lounge. It was of a decent size with a large events conference room even. Don't suppose they'd put the queue up there, do you?

Reactions: Ryno27
My guess, they wanted people to 'see' it, so they painted it bright and creamy..

I gave up on Norway a long time ago, I'll be in Japan or China thanks

Disney forces perspective far too much. Now they paint something mustard and put a confusing arrow on it. It looks like a French/Canadian US town now. They paint houses the most outrageous colors... pink, lavender kelly green... or did years ago.

I said newER because it was not part of the original park. Yak & Yeti opened in 2006 or 2007 and the exterior is lavender.
Oh, ok. Personally it doesn't stick out to me as the Asia side tends to be very colorful (yet elegant) as it is.

So here's a direct comparison...

Before:
maelstrom%20facade_zpsmnrrc4in.jpg

3 weeks before opening:
frozen%20facade_zpssce72ysq.jpg

Disgusting.
You have your answer of why it look so bad right here. The fat guy on the right in the first picture is wearing the same color shirt as the building in the second picture. If that dude had been wearing a better colored shirt, Disney would have painted a better colored building. Duh.

apparently there was a leak of the ride.Where some one who works there took pictures and posted them online.Haven't found any yet but still looking.