Frozen Ever After | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Moviefone article with Jim Hill's quote states that two things will happen (1) "Frozen" will replace Maelstrom at EPCOT in 2014/2015 (2) a larger "Frozen" attraction will be built in Disneyland.

I would bet GOOD money that neither of these happen within the next two years (though I would be ecstatic to be proven false). First, IMHO MyMagic+ is currently a billion-dollar debacle. There are numerous substantiated reports that the project is grossly over budget, behind schedule, and has not yet generated the impressive "higher spending per guest" the project promised. So, financially, I don't think Disney could fast-track a quality "Frozen" attraction without fixing MyMagic+ first. Also, I think "Frozen" would further delay any projects at Hollywood Studios (i.e. Star Wars land, Cars Land). Assuming those projects haven't already been cancelled or value engineered to death.

Second, Disney World attraction construction moves at a glacial pace (pun intended). Current example = 7D Mine Train. I can't fathom how Disney can go from "blue" sky to attraction in 18 months. That feat would be extremely difficult for any theme park to pull off, much less Disney World who seems to prefer spreading construction costs over several fiscal periods. At this rate, I'm hoping we really can step foot in Avatar land in 2017.

Creatively, Disney World is a mess right now. Rant over.

I don't know, with Frozen being such a MAJOR hit as well as Disney starting to really feel pressure from Universal on both coasts I could see them trying to do something fast and (relatively) cheap for both parks to try and offer something new and give people a reason to visit again. I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to do the "faster, cheaper" approach to the attractions realizing the competition is doing that with good results and critical acclaim from most guests. I wouldn't expect either park to be getting something that is Pirates/Mansion level attraction, but more of a quick and simple retheme of something that exists. Especially if the bean counters will approve it because it results in more merchandise/photo/food sales for ROI.

Why would a World Showcase Pavilion built to educate people about Norway include a Frozen ride, let alone be completely modified to fit the theme of world showcase? There is an entire park for this kinda stuff in MK... this isnt what Epcot was intended for.... I dont like the idea of Frozen in Epcot at all... it belongs in MK.

All I can say to your statement is:
2541198505_36381d3200_z.jpg

Goldberg%2B-%2BGFT%2B%252812-11%2529.JPG

The Gran Fiesta Tour is a little different though, at least it is showing locales and celebrations of Mexico. Frozen didn't really scream that it was Norway to me, just a few references. Also, in all the videos and pictures of Norway I have seen, I have yet to see a magic ice castle or a singing dancing snowman.

So your implication is that because the movie doesn't scream Norway there is no way for them to design a ride that fits both? I can do the same thing, in all of the videos and pictures of Mexico I have seen, I have yet to see a magic carpet or a singing dancing duck.

Also the argument that it will take Norway away from it's authenticity is hurt a little bit by the dining experiance that is offered. Unless of course Mary Poppins, Ariel, Belle, Jasmin or Mulan scream Norway to you.

Bottom line changing it up wouldn't hurt their core adult business of food and wine and alcohol. It would however pull families into the back of the park, and make it less "boring" for kids. And that would hopefully turn into extra merchandise revenue, and if enough things are brought over to EPCOT they can keep families there all day, and hopefully add an additional a day of admission.

My point about the 3 Caballeros is that they are able to make cameos in Mexico without it being completely out of place, in the end those scenes and the environment are definitely Mexico. Do I think that they should be in there, not really especially given the ambiance of that area.

In the case of Frozen, I don't think there is anyway that they would do it or could do it without completely going into the world of Frozen, which wasn't tied strongly enough to Norway and its history. I felt it was more of a Princess movie that happened to be in a Norway-like place. If it were How to Train Your Dragon, I don't think I would have as big of a gripe.

The main restaurant is a buffet and as such they can play a little bit more loose here. The food is Norwegian and the servers are Norwegian as well, it just happens to have Princesses that decided to go to the awesome land of Norway. Throw Anna and Elsa as the main characters there who are hosting a party for the Princesses and suddenly it is completely tied together and works.

For me it comes down to one thing, there are tons of places in Norway that need lots of help. They don't need to start on one of the World Showcase Pavilions that already has a decent ride. Start with the Body Wars building, Innoventions West, the Outpost, or Imagination Pavilion. If they want to start bringing the Princesses into the World Showcase, pick up the magic carpet ride at MK and drop it in Morocco.

OK, when I first read this I thought this was the worst idea over, but now going thru all the comments, I actually think this makes sense. When growing up as a kid I hated Epcot. Seriously, hated it. Because of this there were times we came to Florida and skipped Epcot or went only a half day. I have friends with kids that either skip Epcot or do it in a half day. So they need something in the back of the park that will makes kids go, I want to stay her longer or I want to go this trip. Thus extending their vacation. Plus if you get a family into Epcot you are probably getting them to eat at a restaurant. It really does make sense. I just wish this movie was based in any of the other lands that really could use a ride. Like, well anything on the other side of World Showcase. I understand Epcot is supposed to be educational, but at some point Disney made educational boring. Epcot needs a major overhaul to bring it into this century and make it more inviting, entertaining, and more kid friendly. They could do this add education in. It can be done, if they really wanted to.

Bottom line changing it up wouldn't hurt their core adult business of food and wine and alcohol. It would however pull families into the back of the park, and make it less "boring" for kids. And that would hopefully turn into extra merchandise revenue, and if enough things are brought over to EPCOT they can keep families there all day, and hopefully add an additional a day of admission.

The benefit to this for Disney would be staggering...it would also put some eyes back on Epcot which has been falling apart as of late.

Epcot needs a major overhaul to bring it into this century and make it more inviting, entertaining, and more kid friendly.

But..but..I love retro Epcot..you know with the circles and the no wand...and projection that still uses film...and the mold

Yawn… No ride yet? No news yet? No more talk or new rumors? Oh yeah thats right this is Disney where new attractions have been replaced by jack ****.

They are almost definitely going to do something with this franchise (Let's hope more than themed toilets), but what and when is the question. Star Wars Land is gonna happen someday too, but that doesn't mean it's happening tomorrow...

I certainly hope they stay away from Frozen themed toilets... sounds too cold for me :p

It amazes me that they aren't going full bore at star wars land in HS. They want an attraction that can recoup the money from MyMagic, that would seem to be a very good way to start.

I'm kinda surprised/disappointed that they are already talking sequels. This movie, like all the other disney princess movies, doesn't really need a sequel. And all those "direct to video" sequels were all terrible. A proper meet and greet is probably all they need for now. An Actual ride they should properly plan for. Since teh music is a huge part of the success. I wouldnt be surprised if we saw a stage show sing along instead of a ride.

I'm kinda surprised/disappointed that they are already talking sequels. This movie, like all the other disney princess movies, doesn't really need a sequel. And all those "direct to video" sequels were all terrible. A proper meet and greet is probably all they need for now. An Actual ride they should properly plan for. Since teh music is a huge part of the success. I wouldnt be surprised if we saw a stage show sing along instead of a ride.
This surprises you? Disney (and other companies as well, they aren't the only ones to be fair) milk as much money (and life) from anything remotely popular until people cannot stand it anymore. I'm already sick of Let It Go (everyone and their mother seems to have to sing this song any chance they get, which isn't Disney's fault). But, as long as something is a money maker, sequels and every thing else which can be thought of and created, will be shoved down our throats. Sometimes, too much of a good thing is bad. Frozen was excellent. One of the best movies in a long time from Disney animation. But, as the song says, LET IT GO. Don't destroy something good with overkill. I fear Disney will kill any momentum Frozen has with absurd nonsense.

I agree. It's not like you see sequels to Tangled or Wreck it Ralph. If they are trying to follow the Pixar/Dreamworks formula of releasing a sequel every two years to their animation franchises count me out.