Frozen Ever After | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
OK.
I guess I am missing the joke here. If you are making fun of me, then yay for you.

- - - Updated - - -

to be honest, I didn't really think it was AMAZING or anything, just really well done, as Tangled was well done. It's no Lion King, or Beauty and the Beast, or Aladdin. At least in my eyes, but my daughter loves it, and she is the boss. ha ha.

Did you read the entire thread? In no way am I making fun of you, merely joking about how I said something and took it back. I made a comment and it was taken out of context and began a war (as my comments usually do for some reason :look:) I did the best I could to agree to disagree while expressing an opinion and then just asked if we could drop it and focus on the rumor vs the finical success of the film. Within 12 hours your comment was made… Hence my joke saying when I woke up this morning meaning I thought we were past this. Try and read the whole thing before you assume I'm poking fun.

Now I guess I really need to see "Frozen" (I don't get to movies often, I work too much), but I love Maelstrom and would hate to see it leave, although I would love a revamp that takes out that boring movie that I always skip.

Just read more of the background on the making of the film. If it is mega popular (as it most definitely is), then I say redo Maelstrom. Excellent fit for Disney and the World Showcase.

Did you read the entire thread? In no way am I making fun of you, merely joking about how I said something and took it back. I made a comment and it was taken out of context and began a war (as my comments usually do for some reason :look:) I did the best I could to agree to disagree while expressing an opinion and then just asked if we could drop it and focus on the rumor vs the finical success of the film. Within 12 hours your comment was made… Hence my joke saying when I woke up this morning meaning I thought we were past this. Try and read the whole thing before you assume I'm poking fun.

Yeah I was late to the party on this one. It doesn't help when your comment is one of the first posts, it caused an immediate reaction. No worries.

- - - Updated - - -

Just read more of the background on the making of the film. If it is mega popular (as it most definitely is), then I say redo Maelstrom. Excellent fit for Disney and the World Showcase.

You know, i have this awful feeling that they will just rip out the Maelstrom and make a giant meet and greet. ha ha.

The meet and greet is already there, I believe it showed up along with a ton of merch roughly 1 month before the movie came out. First it was at HS then moved the the Norway pavilion. I never did see it though so I'm not sure where they managed to put it.

Between Akersha's and the meet and greet its princess city over there.

Frozen: $639,938,00 And maybe getting attraction
Monsters Inc made $562,816,256 it has no attraction and its prequel Monsters University made $743,559,607
Up made $731,342,744 it has no attraction
Wall-e made $521,311,860 it has no attraction
Really other films dont get attractions and this maybe does? :bang:

I know this was already commented on but Monsters does have an attraction, and while Up does not have a traditional ride or show attraction it does have a great game that was added to the Animal Kingdom in the form of the Wilderness Explorers badges, which I found to be the best of the in park games. (plus Frozen, Monsters, and Up all have well themed and popular meet and greets).

I saw Frozen in the theater and loved it. I also believe that the Mickey short Get A Horse, the first theatrical short for Mickey since Runaway Brain, helped the box office for Frozen. While I think the movie would be good for an attraction, I do not think it should be an overlay or replacement for the Maelstrom. I feel that seeing what Disney did to El Rio Del Tiempo, the Maelstrom would just see costume changes for the animatronics in opening scene, some cosmetic changes to the trolls, and the storybook castle that is already in the ride changed to look like Elsa's Ice Palace.

Frozen: $639,938,00 And maybe getting attraction
Monsters Inc made $562,816,256 it has no attraction and its prequel Monsters University made $743,559,607
Up made $731,342,744 it has no attraction
Wall-e made $521,311,860 it has no attraction
Really other films dont get attractions and this maybe does? :bang:

Aside from what was already pointed out (and I truly believe Frozen will finish higher than all of those movies mentioned based on its current trajectory)... Frozen has one things the others can't touch...

MERCHANDISE!

CD sales are surprisingly gangbusters as well as it's hanging around spot 1-2.

If they do a proper attraction, I say bring it on. I honestly don't mind characters infiltrating EPCOT where reasonably appropriate. It doesn't make particular sense in AK or the Studios and it missed the boat on Fantasyland. I'm also ok with Ratatouille in the France Pavilion, as the movie is really a love letter to French cuisine, and we all know EPCOT World Showcase has slowly been drifting to become all about the food.

EPCOT doesn't need an overhaul, it just needs a series of strong refurbs to bring a lot of the antiquated attractions up to speed.

Ugh, not to be the Debbie Downer here, but this is yet another instance of Orlando theme parks steering away from original content and commercializing a very special pavilion. Now I get that from a business perspective, it's about the only way to grab the general public's attention nowadays... but I do miss the days when parks would do original content (excluding Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin).

Ugh, not to be the Debbie Downer here, but this is yet another instance of Orlando theme parks steering away from original content and commercializing a very special pavilion. Now I get that from a business perspective, it's about the only way to grab the general public's attention nowadays... but I do miss the days when parks would do original content (excluding Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin).

Weeeeeell, original content was one of the failures of the original Epcot. Guests kept asking "Where are the characters, where's Mickey?". Frozen is original content from the Disney Co. That's good enough for me.

If Epcot could get people to go from Pavilion to Pavilion with attractions rather than exhibits and boring shows, I think it'd be better off. I'm not so sure injecting animated film into the realism of the World Showcase is the best way of approaching it. If they took more of an Animal Kingdom approach but added entertaining content that people could RIDE, I think more people would accept it for what it is... but even Disney is IPing that park - so maybe I'm just talking out of my ass. It's my personal preference regardless :)

If Epcot could get people to go from Pavilion to Pavilion with attractions rather than exhibits and boring shows, I think it'd be better off. I'm not so sure injecting animated film into the realism of the World Showcase is the best way of approaching it. If they took more of an Animal Kingdom approach but added entertaining content that people could RIDE, I think more people would accept it for what it is... but even Disney is IPing that park - so maybe I'm just talking out of my ass. It's my personal preference regardless :)

This sounds like a brilliant idea!

When I did the meet and greet before Frozen came out there were a significant number of drunks in line with me. I am sure the number has probably increased due to the popularity of the movie.

I was just joking, but considering World Showcase is considered a giant pub crawl to a lot of tourists, I see a princess meet and greet in the middle of it all pretty humorous.

I was just joking, but considering World Showcase is considered a giant pub crawl to a lot of tourists, I see a princess meet and greet in the middle of it all pretty humorous.

Akersha's is the biggest princess meet and greet in any of the parks. You pay for the buffet and get to meet Belle, Ariel, Snow White, and Cinderella I think (Snow White and Ariel are amazing). The food isn't anything to scoff at either.