Frozen Ever After | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^Nice!

This is typical TDO all the way: cheap, cheap, cheap. However, it puts a "new" attraction in a park that desperately needs one. I think it's a mistake putting it there, and also feel it will screw up the World Showcase, but my opinion means nothing, and there's nothing that can be done to change the fact that Maelstrom's out and Frozen is in. So, I'll reserve judgement until the ride opens. Maybe Soarin' won't have 6 hour waits by that time too (if they are indeed adding the second theater to the attraction). Anything new in terms of ride-building at Disney World is a good thing to me.

There are new AAs, want a preview? Ride SDMT.

Maelstrom already hits long lines, what this park needs is additional capacity.

Yes I can only imagine the waits once the 'let it go music video the ride' opens...This has been beaten to death though as Disney clearly doesn't care about the old Epcot anymore

the issue with "telling the story" is that all the popular songs are in the beginning of the movie. The "oil rig" scene has got to be the final scene on the ice, followed by the scene with everyone ice skating while you exit?

Here is a question...do you think Disney will lower the tempertures in the ride, to give it a true "frozen" experience?

Agreed.

And now since they're continuing the screwing up of World Showcase with cartoons(Thsnks for starting the trend Mexico!), might as well plop down a Brother Bear river rapids ride in Canada, an omnimover in China telling Mulan's story, and a clone of Ratatoille in France while they're at it.

Agreed.

And now since they're continuing the screwing up of World Showcase with cartoons(Thsnks for starting the trend Mexico!), might as well plop down a Brother Bear river rapids ride in Canada, an omnimover in China telling Mulan's story, and a clone of Ratatoille in France while they're at it.

Don't forget moving the Flying Carpet spinner to Morocco.

Don't forget moving the Flying Carpet spinner to Morocco.

Granted it's sarcasm, but that would be the worst move and would be met with even bigger backlash. Morocco is in Africa, Agrabah is inspired by the Middle East. They can get away with a Meet N Greet there, but not an attraction.

Granted it's sarcasm, but that would be the worst move and would be met with even bigger backlash. Morocco is in Africa, Agrabah is inspired by the Middle East. They can get away with a Meet N Greet there, but not an attraction.

I had to look up exactly where it is set, since I've never had an idea. Based on Disney Wiki, Agrabah is apparently in or near Jordan because they reference the Jordan River. Normal Wiki says the original tale is a Middle Eastern story but takes place in China.

Ok so today's the final day of maelstrom and I'd like to mourn a bit. Maelstrom has always been my favorite ride at Epcot and it really hurts to see it go. I've only been to Epcot a handful of times in my life (around 4 or 5 times) and for some reason this was always the highlight of the day for me. When I first went on it I had no idea Norway even existed so this was literally the most blind experience I've ever had on a ride. It was so hidden in that little alley and the only thing yelling you that it was a ride was the boat on the sign. I remember when I got on and saw the Vikings for the first time I brushed it off as a boat ride version of spaceship earth (the ride I went on before this) then the trolls came and my life changed forever. It was such a shocking moment how they made the boat go backwards as a kid and the polar bears also blew my mind because of how big they were. When I got off I was changed, I became obsessed with Vikings and Norwegian myths for atleast 2 years. I remember one Christmas getting Viking helmets and plastic axes running around the house with my little brothers chasing the dog and turning our tree in the front yard into a Viking ship. Anything green was a troll and I'd be sure to defeat it. It invoked me to write a series of Viking movies that I'm still writing today. When I went on it a couple months ago I realized it's obvious flaws but it still brought out the child in me. It's a ride that envokes an adventure, there isn't a clear story or motif but some of the best rides don't have those things either. It was a ride that brought me so much joy and excitement in my life that it's kinda like losing a family member. I'm sad I'll never go on it again and I'm especially sad my little brothers will never be able to experience it. I'm definitely gonna miss it and while I can see why it's being replaced, I don't think I'm going to look at Epcot the same way again. RIP Maelstrom
20141005143820116807.jpg

Reactions: neoshinok
It would be great if Disney kept the theater at the end of the ride and showed this clip. Not holding my breath...
[video=youtube;Zb5IH57SorQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb5IH57SorQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Do you think because of the pants capacity of this ride in its current state and the obvious surge of guest wanting to ride when it becomes frozen that Disney may use there new patented Omni-Boat-Ride thing-me-jig? Most people seem to be in agreement that they will stick with the layout as it is so how easy would it be to incorporate it into the existing infrastructure? That would at least mean that capacity issues are less!!!!!

Do you think because of the pants capacity of this ride in its current state and the obvious surge of guest wanting to ride when it becomes frozen that Disney may use there new patented Omni-Boat-Ride thing-me-jig? Most people seem to be in agreement that they will stick with the layout as it is so how easy would it be to incorporate it into the existing infrastructure? That would at least mean that capacity issues are less!!!!!
From what i've heard (and i've said this a few times elsewhere), load/unload for the ride will be where the current unload is and the queue/exit will be where the theater at the end of the ride currently is.

By having the load/unload in the same area, that opens up the current load area to be a part of the ride. It's rumored that the load area for Maelstrom will be scene 1 for Frozen. By having this extra scene, there will be a slightly added capacity, however, it won't be near enough to meet demand.

I think what's going to be odd about construction this time around is that we won't be able to check for any real updates besides signage and maybe the tiny out cove where the boat comes out. It'll just build up mystery overtime of what is in that building

I think what's going to be odd about construction this time around is that we won't be able to check for any real updates besides signage and maybe the tiny out cove where the boat comes out. It'll just build up mystery overtime of what is in that building
Test Track re-do was similar. All of Epcot's rides are indoors, so it's always going to be like that with construction there.

I'm sure Disney will release hundreds of behind the scenes videos detailing every step of the process

I'm sure Disney will release hundreds of behind the scenes videos detailing every step of the process

Oh absolutely they will, I expect a time lapse and an AA video at the least. Maybe a ride through just cause. Apparently something will be done about the out cove though, don't know what but I think it could be a frozen waterfall, some sort of AA or they might just close it. So maybe that's something to look for construction wise? I don't know

It's rumored that the load area for Maelstrom will be scene 1 for Frozen. By having this extra scene, there will be a slightly added capacity, however, it won't be near enough to meet demand.
Lengthening the ride track will increase the time spent on the ride, but you can't increase hourly rider capacity unless you put more people in each boat, or dispatch boats closer together.

Lengthening the ride track will increase the time spent on the ride, but you can't increase hourly rider capacity unless you put more people in each boat, or dispatch boats closer together.
But if the ride is technically longer that way, couldn't they run more boats at once?

Also, i'd think it would be smart for Disney to build new boats with an extra row in each boat to add capacity (as you sort of mention). Would definitely relieve the ride a bit, however I highly doubt Disney will order an entire new fleet of boats.