Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fun Spot Expansion

Did I read this was due around March this year?

Longer I would think, although I am no expert.

October will do for me...

It is actually just going to be a hood ornament on a millennium flyer train. But it looks like it may have "Corinthian Leather" seats. Very "Old School". I love it!

jYOMbWJM6tau4.JPG

Kudos to ANYONE who get the "Corinthian Leather" reference.

No, by hood ornament I meant just a smaller logo or 3D part stuck in the middle of the front grate, like a car hood ornament. I can't think of any GCI Millennium Flyer trains that have made it onto the tracks with a fully covered front like that, they're usually just logos affixed to the front grate.

No, by hood ornament I meant just a smaller logo or 3D part stuck in the middle of the front grate, like a car hood ornament. I can't think of any GCI Millennium Flyer trains that have made it onto the tracks with a fully covered front like that, they're usually just logos affixed to the front grate.

Oh, then I believe you are wrong. I think the pics are the actual trains Fun Spot will be will be getting. Being tested on, most likely Lightning Racer at Hersheypark.

So I got curious about a few other things happening in Orlando and made a visit to the awesome Orange County Property Appraiser map. If there has been an additional transaction on land by Fun Spot, it has yet to appear on the OCPA map.

So I got curious about a few other things happening in Orlando and made a visit to the awesome Orange County Property Appraiser map. If there has been an additional transaction on land by Fun Spot, it has yet to appear on the OCPA map.

They just purchased and additional 8 acres a week or so ago.

Still not much info there. I wonder which of the adjacent on lots on Grand National Drive they acquired?

Maybe it's for parking, and what they had planned for parking space in the expansion area will be used for more rides? I don't think it'll be a water park or anything, since 8 acres is not that big. Just for reference, Wet 'n Wild is 30 acres and Aquatica is 59 acres.

I see what you are saying but this is FunSpot. They don't have much room to work with as is now unless they purchase that giant parcel of land behind the Taco Bell and Prime Outlets, then yeah, we should expect something of a Grand scale. But as for fun Spot, maybe a new addition or concept went back to the Drawing board and they decided "Hey we need a few more acres to make this or that work", I don't know. But that'd be my guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Also when driving by you can see the layout of the two coaster sin the dirt. It Looks so freaking cool from the ground!

Got this in my email.

Dear ____,

Have you ever wanted to be in a commercial? Well it is that time of year when we shoot our commercial and we will be shooting our Fun Spot commercial on Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at our Kissimmee Park.

This year we will be doing a parody of Gangnam style. We have changed the tune, changed the words, and are only doing a 30 second snippet of music in the style of the famous song. I have included a copy of the 30 seconds we are doing, as well as a script. From the script you can see that we are doing some of the shots in our Orlando Park, but they are using only John Jr and his family. So there is no need for people to come to the Orlando park. However, we would like a large group/mob dance in our Kissimmee Park.

On Monday, February 4; from 4-6 pm - we will have a rehearsal at the Party Barn of Fun Spot Kissimmee. Please wear any comfortable clothes you choose. We will be passing our Release forms for appearing in the commercial. Minors will need a parent/guardian to sign for them.

On Wednesday, February 6; from 3-6 pm - we will have the Commercial shoot at Fun Spot Kissimmee. Please wear red, white and/or blue colored clothing only. Remember no clothes with words, logos, or company identifiers on them. We will provide pizza and soda; and a $35 pass to Fun Spot and a $40 pass for SkyCoaster for each person who performs in the commercial as compensation.

Performers who were at the rehearsal will receive better placement and "air time' than those who did not rehearse, talent permitting. Attendance does not guarantee being used. Being used does not guarantee that your segment will be in the commercial. Remember we will shoot for 3 hours to get 6-10 minutes of film that will be edited to 30 seconds. There are no guarantees. But the past three years have brought a time of fun, learning and laughter. So come and enjoy. If you can RSVP to this email, it will help us get a gauge on performers. Thanks.

For the most up to date information on our commercial shoot please check our FaceBook Page.

Wishing You Fun,
Mark Brisson - Director of Marketing
Fun Spot Attractions: Orlando & Kissimmee
407-363-3867 ext. 110; 407-363-5313 fax
mbrisson@fun-spot.com
www.FunSpotAttractions.com

Looking good, so much going on.

The place is different every time I visit, good job I follow OU, else I might think I landed in the wrong town.

Great work HTF:thumbs:

Florida Thrills Network has a pretty thorough pic update from 02-09-2013 :thumbs:

This is moving along at a nice pace!

It sure is moving along. I rode a sky coaster at a local park years ago, and more recently at Blackpool off the pier and out to sea. Both put the fear of god into me, great fun and such an adrenaline rush, can't wait to ride :thumbs: Any one know the height of this one?

The out and back woodie should be good for a spin, looks like having plenty of air time.

It sure is moving along. I rode a sky coaster at a local park years ago, and more recently at Blackpool off the pier and out to sea. Both put the fear of god into me, great fun and such an adrenaline rush, can't wait to ride :thumbs: Any one know the height of this one?

The out and back woodie should be good for a spin, looks like having plenty of air time.

I believe this Skycoaster will be 250ft. Just a bit short of their 300ft Skycoaster at the other Fun Spot. :thumbs: