Fun Spot Expansion | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Fun Spot Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
haven't been on in a while. They have started on the Wooden Roller Coaster! It looks so badazz when driving by. We were out and about in the city tonight and happened to see it. Every night for the last few weeks the SkyCoaster has been lit up green. Can see it when driving up or near anywhere on North International Dr. very awesome and excited times for FunSpot. Fun Spot is also sponsoring/advertising/supporting CW-18 hear in Orlando! They have new commercials out and everything. Really exitec for this. it was also crowded tonight when we drove by!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to try and get photos tomorrow. I got some tonight but it's a camera phone.

I saw it lit up tonight for the first time and it looks great.

I've been hearing from my friends that they've seen the Fun Spot commercial. :) I need to turn on the TV more because I still haven't seen it (on TV) - only on YouTube.

I saw the SkyCoaster construction from my work parking lot this past week. Pretty cool!

Update from today,

IMG_0822_zps991b399c.jpg

IMG_0821_zps057a5c16.jpg

IMG_0820_zpsac0e406b.jpg

IMG_0819_zps871531b2.jpg

IMG_0818_zpscab55863.jpg

IMG_0817_zpsb8aef9fa.jpg

IMG_0816_zpsd37dd645.jpg

IMG_0815_zps1cf1da04.jpg

IMG_0814_zps46d98409.jpg

IMG_0813_zpsa5ac595a.jpg

IMG_0812_zps6fb86f04.jpg

IMG_0811_zps6e8fb4c4.jpg

Another thing to remember is GCI has learned a lot since Gwazi, they do things totally different now and rides like Thunderhead, the Prowler, and some high profile foreign installations would agree with that.

At first it will be. Modern wooden coasters start off amazing. From that point it's all about the maintenance. If it's not maintained right we'll have a Gwazi in 10 years.

At first it will be. Modern wooden coasters start off amazing. From that point it's all about the maintenance. If it's not maintained right we'll have a Gwazi in 10 years.

It will be cool for a lot of our younger enthusiasts who never got a shot at Gwazi in 99, heck I was there opening weekend and waited 3 hours. These wooden coasters can be a blast, and many will see that with a brand new one.

These coasters will be fantastic for the area and I can't wait to give em a spin, but it is the sky coaster that will give the biggest rush, just hope I can get someone to share a ride with me.

They're much easier to assemble and raise than the traditional wooden trusses and bents. Much less give/tolerance to the structure to have to worry about when you raise it as well, which probably helps lessen headaches and stress. :lol: