Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fun Spot Expansion

Looks like a very solid little wooden coaster, a little airtime machine. That over banked turn around looks pretty cool also. I for one will be visiting Fun Spot once this is built.

From @Attractions

An aerial view of Fun Spot's expansion off I-Drive. You can see it will more than double their size:

ibu0Y5u6ynXMuc.jpg

EDIT: From TPR

ijwkYMEmrNkOT.jpg

ibntnEdjG6yPFk.jpg

i0a9ZpeGPhajD.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been mentioned before but is there any plan to expand the parking lot? It looks full in that picture and will only get busier if this thing literally triples in size.

Yes, it will be expanded. There will actually be a new road connecting the existing parking lot to a new one that will be located right above the new water park, which will be double the size of the current parking lot.

I was over there in late September; they have a lot of space. I didn't see any construction yet thought, but it seems they have enough space for parking too.
BTW:
If you want to ride the SkyCoaster for Free, Tweet "@BestofOrlando I want to ride the SkyCoaster at FunSpot [HASHTAG]#12daysofxmas[/HASHTAG]" for a pair of tickets. There are a few left.

Drove by there last week on the way back from a bad idea to go shopping at the outlets (should have waited another week) and they have a lot of footers poured, but no vertical construction other than the station building yet.

Fun Spot just bought an additional 8 acres on Grand National Drive adjacent to it's location now. announced Yesterday. Information on what the land may be used for has not been provided yet.

Fun Spot just bought an additional 8 acres on Grand National Drive adjacent to it's location now. announced Yesterday. Information on what the land may be used for has not been provided yet.

Article? Link? Very curious and excited about this.

Still not much info there. I wonder which of the adjacent on lots on Grand National Drive they acquired?

Maybe it's for parking, and what they had planned for parking space in the expansion area will be used for more rides? I don't think it'll be a water park or anything, since 8 acres is not that big. Just for reference, Wet 'n Wild is 30 acres and Aquatica is 59 acres.

Check out those coaster trains! This is the first I have seen of the Locomotive motif. Super cool. Those aren't the off the shelf Millennium Flyers GCI is famous for! Even though I am pretty sure they are actually Millennium Flyer trains.

dscn7525.jpg

Fun%20Spot%20Lightning%20Banner.png

Last edited:
That is definitely a fiberglass body add-on. I've seen some concepts of those before (though I can't remember which coasters, specifically), but have never seen them on the actual rides, so I'll be interested to see if they really do the full add-on, or it ends up as a scaled down "hood ornament."

That is definitely a fiberglass body add-on. I've seen some concepts of those before (though I can't remember which coasters, specifically), but have never seen them on the actual rides, so I'll be interested to see if they really do the full add-on, or it ends up as a scaled down "hood ornament."

It is actually just going to be a hood ornament on a millennium flyer train. But it looks like it may have "Corinthian Leather" seats. Very "Old School". I love it!

jYOMbWJM6tau4.JPG

Kudos to ANYONE who get the "Corinthian Leather" reference.

Last edited: