Fun Spot Expansion | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Fun Spot Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interesting. I wonder if they knew about the clearance issue when they were planning, or if it came up after the purchase too late to change it to the one swing design? It looks very odd to me knowing there should be a second tower, and will probably drive me nuts forever. :lol:

I believe the story goes something like, yes they knew about the clearance issue, but to get the height that they wanted, (250'), they had to get the 2 swing model. I wonder if the had the buy the second tower and they just are storing it. Or if they didn't have to buy it at all.

So just saw a great update on this over on TPI. For the most part, I love what they're doing here and i'll definitely go at least once now. However, looking at the place outside these additions, I have a very hard time seeing it as anything besides a state fair on steroids. :lol:

I literally live right down the road and I've never been to Fun Spot ever. I'm definitely going to have to check it out once all the new stuff is completed. :) It's been fun to drive by almost daily and see the construction progress each day.

Any ideas on when this expansion will be finished? I have never been, but was planning on going next month while on vacation. The website said March 2013, so, yeah......

I think grand opening isn't scheduled to be until Mid June if I'm not mistaken. I think your going to miss it Ultimate...

They are only going to use one swing. But you are right that it is designed for 2. There is a problem with clearance on the second swing.

Just to give a little more info, in it's previous life it had both sides:
SkyScreamerAd.jpg

Hate to be a downer here, but that new ticket/entrance area looks like the entrance to a daycare. That is what is right? If not correct me, but either way, that still doesn't change that it looks like someone threw up a crayola 64 pack on this building. :lol:

I thought of Legoland as soon as I saw it.

Regardless, while I've never been to Fun Spot, it seems to be going from a little family fun center to an impressive little amusement park. Kudos to the guy in the commercial that says, "It's HUUUUGE!"

-Andy