Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 118 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh ok my bad didn't mean to get too far off topic and appreciate the link but I am good. Hope this doesn't still stay off topic but I just saw about Diseny doing Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land, yes Universal is getting Nintendo but is there any possibility of Universal pushing for the 3rd park I keep hearing about and if there is going to be any outdoor coaster it goes there and DC is replaced with SFX and more shops which equals $$$$$$$

As it stands right now, for Universal; Universal is developing as mentioned here, a replacement to Dragon Challenge, and that with Universal Studios Florida rumored to have an expanded version of the Super Nintendo World area, featuring a family roller coaster based off of Donkey Kong.

As for Gate IV, Universal has bought land south of the property, close to the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC); and that there have been rumors of it happening sooner than later.

As for outdoor coasters for Gate IV, I don't think we are going to see something like Hulk over there in the terms of how it isn't cohesive with the park. I would imagine if they do outdoor coasters, which; they will, it will be more properly themed.

As for Dragon Challenge; it'd be a good idea to look at the new addition of the Forbidden Forest from the WB Studio Lot tour in London, as it will give a good hint of what to probably expect for the artistic design for the upcoming land, which will most likely be themed to the Forest.

As for Disney, as I said; take those to other threads where they fit.

And that what you post, isn't meaningless.

Reactions: Mad Dog
As for Dragon Challenge; it'd be a good idea to look at the new addition of the Forbidden Forest from the WB Studio Lot tour in London, as it will give a good hint of what to probably expect for the artistic design for the upcoming land, which will most likely be themed to the Forest.

As for Disney, as I said; take those to other threads where they fit.

And that what you post, isn't meaningless.

Well I thought it was meaningless and too off topic, but could they also add a few more shops in Hogsmeade or is Diagon Alley the new main focus for merchandise sales? A ride through the forbidden forest would be pretty cool but I kinda also see them using the land around DC for more merchandise as well. Also are they really going to leave Olivander's right in the middle of Hogsmeade now that Diagon Alley exists?

Reactions: Alicia
Also are they really going to leave Olivander's right in the middle of Hogsmeade now that Diagon Alley exists?
Yes. Not everyone goes to both parks. Lots of people can only afford to visit one Universal park and this way everyone can experience it. I'm sure Universal likes the sales, and of course there's just as many interactive wand elements in Hogsmeade as Diagon so it deserves a decent wand store.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Yes. Not everyone goes to both parks. Lots of people can only afford to visit one Universal park and this way everyone can experience it. I'm sure Universal likes the sales, and of course there's just as many interactive wand elements in Hogsmeade as Diagon so it deserves a decent wand store.

Alright was just curious because now it seems a bit odd to be in the middle of Hogsmeade, also if they do do the Forbidden Forest we have already seen Aragog and the spiders in the Forbidden Journey please don't do the same thing again with the DC replacement. Bring on the Centaurs!

Reactions: Mad Dog and Quint
Alright was just curious because now it seems a bit odd to be in the middle of Hogsmeade, also if they do do the Forbidden Forest we have already seen Aragog and the spiders in the Forbidden Journey please don't do the same thing again with the DC replacement. Bring on the Centaurs!
I hear ya. And the centaurs can be seen on the Hogwarts Express.

I think a new ride can be set in the forest, like the facade and queue, but the actual ride experience takes you all over different locations from the stories, using Floo powder.

Reactions: clsteve

I also think the Hogsmeade one is better than the Diagon Alley version (other than the obvious Ollivanders storefront). It's smaller, more intimate, and feels less like walking into a show.

I hear ya. And the centaurs can be seen on the Hogwarts Express.

I think a new ride can be set in the forest, like the facade and queue, but the actual ride experience takes you all over different locations from the stories, using Floo powder.

I'm doubting floo powder unless there is an abundance of fire places in forest. Portkeys perhaps?

Is Verbolten the coaster with the drop effect?
Rode that a couple of years ago, didn't research a thing, wanted to go in blind to what I was expecting -- I lost my crap (in a great way) when that damn floor fell out and then another launch occurred.....my wife and I talked after and were like "umm that's one of the greatest coasters we've ever ridden!"

total surprise and incredible experience

also if they do do the Forbidden Forest we have already seen Aragog and the spiders in the Forbidden Journey please don't do the same thing again with the DC replacement. Bring on the Centaurs!

The centaurs only have a small part in the Hogwarts Express so they are probably fair game for the DC replacement. They could also use Grawp, thestrals, incorporate some of the werewolf attack from Prisoner of Azkaban and maybe even Umbridge. I wouldn't mind more Dementor scenes though, but more spiders would be a bit much

Do we think the original cast will come back? Seems like their much older now compared to filming for FJ -- or would they be doing a story centralized around Newt Scamander with the Fantastic Beasts?

Orlando Informer did an interesting piece recently talking about how these IP based thematic rides have the issue of staying "relevant" -- especially if based around specific timelines.

Of course using known characters and having an entirely new / original story solves that....just will be interesting if they do a story with "older' potter/Ron/Hermoine.....or do something entirely different.

The centaurs only have a small part in the Hogwarts Express so they are probably fair game for the DC replacement. They could also use Grawp, thestrals, incorporate some of the werewolf attack from Prisoner of Azkaban and maybe even Umbridge. I wouldn't mind more Dementor scenes though, but more spiders would be a bit much
Welcome to the Forums. :):thumbsup:

Reactions: Quint
As in Harry/Ron/Hermione? No. I could see them getting Hagrid, but the trio won't be involved.
IMO, if it's only Hagrid, that would absolutely suffice for a Forbidden Forest attraction. The pre-show could be him explaining why we're going into the Forest/what we're looking for, and talking about the different creatures in the forest that we may encounter. And then we're off...

We see the trio in some form or another in the other Potter attractions, so I'd be fine if they don't end up in this one.

Reactions: Quint
IMO, if it's only Hagrid, that would absolutely suffice for a Forbidden Forest attraction. The pre-show could be him explaining why we're going into the Forest/what we're looking for, and talking about the different creatures in the forest that we may encounter. And then we're off...

We see the trio in some form or another in the other Potter attractions, so I'd be fine if they don't end up in this one.

I think after dealing with Diagon and only being able to get Grint to come back, they'd be crazy to try and use the trio as main characters in an attraction again

Reactions: Mike S and JPRA513
Well I thought it was meaningless and too off topic, but could they also add a few more shops in Hogsmeade or is Diagon Alley the new main focus for merchandise sales
Sorry for the double post, but adding more shops would be hard because most of the other stores mentioned in Harry Potter that are in Hogsmeade are quill shops, cauldron shops, and book stores and I can't see those being popular and worthwhile. The best option for a store is to bring back Zonko's and refurbish Honeydukes to make it more accurate to the movies. They could add more restaurants though beside a Great Hall like giving Hog's Head a larger and separate location near the DC plot or have a Madame Puddifoot's tea shop as a small boutique experience which could serve tea, coffee, scones, biscuits, and other pastries

Status
Not open for further replies.