Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just run movies and good cartoons in a loop at Toon theater. Must be a Screen there. Projection equipment as well as they use it "sometimes". Would give IOA a chill out spot from heat, storms etc. Lowish cost I would think. Easy to convert back to accommodate those 7 -14 critical days.

I wouldn't say it's completely unused. You never know what is being born behind that black curtain.

Current state of the Toon Lagoon theater:

ED685A34-4DC4-4EC1-B98B-2BB5C4382892_zps0rkdqy0w.jpeg

Taken on September 2, 2018.

Does anyone know or understand why water is constantly spilling/gushing/recycling out of Bilge Rat and into the lagoon? Too, there are barriers to this area of the lagoon. Is this perhaps a fully concrete basin so as not to intake any muck from the bottom? One should assume that if water is spilling out then there must be an intake filling up an upper section. Right?

iFfojGC.jpg

Reactions: Disneyhead
I thought Popeye does use , and recirculate, water from the lagoon for the ride. If that's indeed the case there would be an intake also.

Yeah, it does use the lagoon, I am just somewhat surprised that it dumps out at the bottom... but... I guess it has to go somewhere... and they can’t bottom-out the ride at it’s lowest point... so... maybe Teebin just worked through it. :eek:O:

Yeah, it does use the lagoon, I am just somewhat surprised that it dumps out at the bottom... but... I guess it has to go somewhere... and they can’t bottom-out the ride at it’s lowest point... so... maybe Teebin just worked through it. :eek:O:
I'm guessing that building where the lift hill starts is the water treatment plant for popeyes and dudley which also take the water form the lagoon. I believe Jurassic Park takes water from its own overflow lake.

Reactions: natespf
I'm guessing that building where the lift hill starts is the water treatment plant for popeyes and dudley which also take the water form the lagoon. I believe Jurassic Park takes water from its own overflow lake.
I know that building is the raft maintenance building but the section closest to the water might be a pump house.

Reactions: Joel