Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, usually they only last about a month. Popeye still has some thematic elements missing (the big ones are the Bluto that hangs overhead and the sharks, although I don't think the sharks are returning at this point) so hopefully we see the return of those. Also noticed a ton of gigantic cobwebs in the cave section of Popeye last time I rode.
I feel like a fake fan, but I have no idea what the sharks are

Yeah, usually they only last about a month. Popeye still has some thematic elements missing (the big ones are the Bluto that hangs overhead and the sharks, although I don't think the sharks are returning at this point) so hopefully we see the return of those. Also noticed a ton of gigantic cobwebs in the cave section of Popeye last time I rode.
Have the sharks been missing? And why don't you think they'd return?

I would have liked to have seen Skull Island on that list.

Could we, for once, focus on the positives? But to quell your fears, don't worry about it not being listed.

I feel like a fake fan, but I have no idea what the sharks are

Best photo I got. You can see it in the ship's hull breach.
IMG_1751.jpg

What was nuts was you were able to get directly over the shark turntable back when The Olive had all of its crawlspaces. Specifically, there was a net incline you could climb that put you directly over open water/the animation below. In an age where kids have smartphones that could conceivably fall down that way, I'm not shocked those crawl areas were removed... but I admired the ingenuity.

Have the sharks been missing? And why don't you think they'd return?
Because they've been missing for so long.
What was nuts was you were able to get directly over the shark turntable back when The Olive had all of its crawlspaces. Specifically, there was a net incline you could climb that put you directly over open water/the animation below. In an age where kids have smartphones that could conceivably fall down that way, I'm not shocked those crawl areas were removed... but I admired the ingenuity.
I remember being terrified to crawl over that net when I was a little kid because I thought I would fall in the water and get ate by the sharks :lmao:

Could we, for once, focus on the positives? But to quell your fears, don't worry about it not being listed.
The implication that I haven't highlighted any recent "positives" is not accurate. See my pretty unqualified rave reaction to CineSational, or my appreciation of the new E.T. entrance (and the general refresh inside the ride).

The implication that I haven't highlighted any recent "positives" is not accurate. See my pretty unqualified rave reaction to CineSational, or my appreciation of the new E.T. entrance (and the general refresh inside the ride).

This is the Toon Lagoon thread. We're talking about Toon Lagoon rides getting not only earlier refurbs, but longer ones; and we're talking about Kong. That's my point.

It's the same individuals every. single. time.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
This is the Toon Lagoon thread. We're talking about Toon Lagoon rides getting not only earlier refurbs, but longer ones; and we're talking about Kong. That's my point.

It's the same individuals every. single. time.
I mean... the Skull Island thread has been locked, so there's no truly appropriate place to talk about it anymore, but I do apologize for the thread drift here.

I don't apologize for being passionate about a ride I (used to) like a lot that is operating below the standard that I hold Universal to.

I mean... the Skull Island thread has been locked, so there's no truly appropriate place to talk about it anymore, but I do apologize for the thread drift here.

I don't apologize for being passionate about a ride I (used to) like a lot that is operating below the standard that I hold Universal to.

Now back to Toons

Reactions: TheCodeMan95