Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Toon Lagoon

Oh my god I’ve been thinking all day about how Spongebob would be a perfect fit for Toon Lagoon. He has generational appeal, and they could make the first full-scale Bikini Bottom land.

The only issue is that IoA’s lands seem to be, to an extent, based off actual books or comics, and Spongebob is a standalone TV show.
See personally I think a Spongebob retheme in Kids Zone would be better. IOA is already getting tons of attention why not save the IP for USF. I was divided but realized the demographic for Toon Lagoon should be more varied and Mr. Squarepants seems to draw a much younger crowd.

See personally I think a Spongebob retheme in Kids Zone would be better. IOA is already getting tons of attention why not save the IP for USF. I was divided but realized the demographic for Toon Lagoon should be more varied and Mr. Squarepants seems to draw a much younger crowd.
I’m a 28 year old man. I would gladly drive 4 hours to see a themed land of spongebob.

Also, Universal will probably never use a 3rd party IP for animation ever again. Now they have Illumination and Dreamworks. These parks were built before Universal had anything significant for animation. Pokemon is a small exception to the rule.

I’m a 28 year old man. I would gladly drive 4 hours to see a themed land of spongebob.

Also, Universal will probably never use a 3rd party IP for animation ever again. Now they have Illumination and Dreamworks. These parks were built before Universal had anything significant for animation. Pokemon is a small exception to the rule.
I could possibly see Comcast buy paramount in the future like how disney bought fox.

I don't think it's for sale. Somebody would have to buy Sony's entire media division. Sony has said they want to better integrate their tech + media sides, so I don't think they'd want to sell off any part of the company.
I don't think Sony will sell their media side - it would make no sense. Media makes up over 50% of their revenue stream.

I could possibly see Comcast buy paramount in the future like how disney bought fox.
I think if this were to happen, it would likely be Comcast buying Viacom. Viacom has a lot that could be useful to Comcast, such as Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon Animation, Paramount Animation, Nickelodeon, MTV/VH1/BET, etc.

The only thing really worth a damn out of Paramount Pictures that Universal doesn't already have access to is Mission: Impossible and Star Trek. Nickelodeon Animation has quite a catalog of movies ranging from Spongebob, Hey Arnold, Rugrats and more. Both Spongebob and Rugrats have theatrical releases planned. This would give Universal even more animated content to play with. Hell, maybe they could build another Nickelodeon hotel, but this time the rooms don't suck!
-------------------------
*Looks at thread title*

How did we get to this when topic is Toon Lagoon? Honestly I almost feel like this is a dead topic and should be locked. Throughout most of this thread, especially in recent times, nothing has been added that is actually helping the conversation when it comes to Toon Lagoon. The thing is, TL isn't going anywhere for the time being. We have Potter finishing up and JW Coaster starting construction and an entire new park under way. I don't see a timeline where TL even has permits filed for a replacement before sometime in 2023/24 at the earliest.

Last edited:
I don't think Sony will sell their media side - it would make no sense. Media makes up over 50% of their revenue stream.

I think if this were to happen, it would likely be Comcast buying Viacom. Viacom has a lot that could be useful to Comcast, such as Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon Animation, Paramount Animation, Nickelodeon, MTV/VH1/BET, etc.

The only thing really worth a damn out of Paramount Pictures that Universal doesn't already have access to is Mission: Impossible and Star Trek. Nickelodeon Animation has quite a catalog of movies ranging from Spongebob, Hey Arnold, Rugrats and more. Both Spongebob and Rugrats have theatrical releases planned.
I know on Star Trek Paramount has the film rights and CBS has the TV rights. Wonder which hold theme park rights though

The only thing really worth a damn out of Paramount Pictures that Universal doesn't already have access to is Mission: Impossible and Star Trek. Nickelodeon Animation has quite a catalog of movies ranging from Spongebob, Hey Arnold, Rugrats and more. Both Spongebob and Rugrats have theatrical releases planned. This would give Universal even more animated content to play with. Hell, maybe they could build another Nickelodeon hotel, but this time the rooms don't suck!
-------------------------
*Looks at thread title*

How did we get to this when topic is Toon Lagoon? Honestly I almost feel like this is a dead topic and should be locked. Throughout most of this thread, especially in recent times, nothing has been added that is actually helping the conversation when it comes to Toon Lagoon. The thing is, TL isn't going anywhere for the time being. We have Potter finishing up and JW Coaster starting construction and an entire new park under way. I don't see a timeline where TL even has permits filed for a replacement before sometime in 2023/24 at the earliest.

Mission Impossible would be a solid replacement for T2.

Back to Toon Lagoon.

If they replace the theme but keep it all as water rides, I hope they build a back door entrance to the surrounding hotels and VB.

Mission Impossible would be a solid replacement for T2.

Back to Toon Lagoon.

If they replace the theme but keep it all as water rides, I hope they build a back door entrance to the surrounding hotels and VB.
I've always thought they should have an IOA side entrance, like USF does. And that would make staying at all those hotels (RP, Sapphire, CBBR, Avenntura) even better experiences.

Someone in another thread brought up Dudley’s first hill being re profiled after opening. Here’s a pic of the original design that was made to make it feel your log was going to flip over.

For comparison's sake:

IMG_2285.jpg

The only thing really worth a damn out of Paramount Pictures that Universal doesn't already have access to is Mission: Impossible and Star Trek

A highly themed TMNT area certainly has a place in a theme park. Other than that, I agree.

Then again Hot Tub Time Machine Land and Zoolander Land would be pretty great.