Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed it but just figured he was talking about the Star Trek rights.

Oh, so that was it... cause DH posted somewhere else that Star Trek was going into Shrek... and that is all that it will be. Tiresome news of which I know nothing and now, really really boring if true.

Update:

I feel somewhat foolish about this, but I recently found out that the spoken phrase, "project ring" did not come from within UC as I had assumed it did. It actually came from a very ancillary vendor. So, I don't believe it means anything at all, at all, short of some wrestling project at Crow Indian Reservation, Montana.

So, to the old guard here, I apologize for not following up sooner. I must stop assuming.

Last edited:
Not sure this is the best location for this, but I got a survey from Universal regarding on-site hotels today. Most of it was about classifications of hotels and what amenities you would expect from different levels of hotels. There were a few interesting tidbits in it though that may be tipping their hand about future plans though. It definitely showed that they will consider Sapphire Falls between the three original hotels and Cabana Bay. Essentially creating 3 levels of hotels at the resort. In listing the amenities though, what they had listed was almost identical to Cabana bay other than it had water taxis listed for SF. It did not have express for Sapphire though, so it is definitely a step down from the original 3 hotels. One of the last questions though was the most interesting, and possibly telling though, as it had the three hotel levels listed(something like standard for cabana, select for Sapphire and Deluxe for the other 3), and it wanted yo to pick what you category name you would use to describe a hotel that is above all of the existing hotels(like a boutique hotel), and one below all of the existing hotels(like a value hotel). I thought it might be telling that they are concerned with what to consider those types of hotels and probably points to plans to build those types at some point.

Oh, so that was it... cause DH posted somewhere else that Star Trek was going into Shrek... and that is all that it will be. Tiresome news of which I know nothing and now, really really boring if true.

Update:

I feel somewhat foolish about this, but I recently found out that the spoken phrase, "project ring" did not come from within UC as I had assumed it did. It actually came from a very ancillary vendor. So, I don't believe it means anything at all, at all, short of some wrestling project at Crow Indian Reservation, Montana.

So, to the old guard here, I apologize for not following up sooner. I must stop assuming.

Actually, someone else found that on December 1st he posted the pic and link about the motion theater that has been discussed for the tonight show "ride"

Actually, someone else found that on December 1st he posted the pic and link about the motion theater that has been discussed for the tonight show "ride"

Well then, why did HTF say that it was there and then not there. What is it that was no longer there... insinuating that it was missed and would never be found. Was HTF merely being dramatic?

Things Like star trek going into Shrek and F&F not being something Test Track like, except more extreme, are moves that puzzle me....

However, Uni during this comcast era has yet to let me down!

I don't get Star Trek at all. Not to say the older franchise is not popular but really has me scratching my head. F&F makes perfect sense. Taking a step back it seems like Universal's new way is building a whole experience not just a single ride.

In theory with what ever comes to Twister. Could Monsters Cafe get a new theme?

yeah, one of those numbers is somewhat important in American transportation history... or did I already mention this recently... :look:

You did, but there is sooo much history on the 727 that it is hard to discern what the clue could be.

For instance:
1. 727's still operate as prisoner transport planes
2. 727's replaced aging Lockheed Constellations planes
3. 727's needed less space to take off
4. 727's were the most prominent plane used by FedEx
5. 727's started production in 1963 and ended in 1984
6. 727's could carry around 150 passengers

and those are just what I can think of with a small amount of digging. Given those facts, I could tie the 727 to so many different rumored projects it is crazy.

You did, but there is sooo much history on the 727 that it is hard to discern what the clue could be.

For instance:
1. 727's still operate as prisoner transport planes
2. 727's replaced aging Lockheed Constellations planes
3. 727's needed less space to take off
4. 727's were the most prominent plane used by FedEx
5. 727's started production in 1963 and ended in 1984
6. 727's could carry around 150 passengers

and those are just what I can think of with a small amount of digging. Given those facts, I could tie the 727 to so many different rumored projects it is crazy.

A week ago when I was hinting at a historic number, we were chatting about Twister's fate. Therefore, 727 is the project number for Twister. Whether or not UC intended it as a double entendre (a flying attraction) is unknown to me.

727's fly.

That's about all you need.

So my first trip to Disney World when I was 9 was aboard a 727 on Eastern Airlines, so that clearly points to a remake of "If You Had Wings." I may still have the plastic pilot wings somewhere.

Or maybe... if we put it backwards...

- - - Updated - - -

Not to bother the man, but here is the head of both projects

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/donald-maclean/17/142/776

Status
Not open for further replies.