Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it wouldn't be a movie Avengers ride (the one people actually resonate with), it would be the crappy comic book version of The Avengers (like the outdated and corny queue videos in the Hulk). Synergy is the name of the game.

Not exactly sure how the crap animation and the movie are the only two options.

The Avengers are characters that have been around for 52 years. I'm pretty sure they'll resonate with people no matter what version is used. Not to the same level, of course, but still.

Not exactly sure how the crap animation and the movie are the only two options.

The Avengers are characters that have been around for 52 years. I'm pretty sure they'll resonate with people no matter what version is used. Not to the same level, of course, but still.

Not to the same level being the key phrase. Either way, both parties will benefit because Disney reaps the benefit of any merch sales and a new ride will bring in new people to Universal. But I think they could maximize that if they teamed up. Not saying that I think that'll actually happen--but it could be very cool. Personally, I think myself and many others wouldn't be as psyched for an Avengers ride if it weren't the actual Avengers from the movie.

Not to the same level being the key phrase. Either way, both parties will benefit because Disney reaps the benefit of any merch sales and a new ride will bring in new people to Universal. But I think they could maximize that if they teamed up. Not saying that I think that'll actually happen--but it could be very cool. Personally, I think myself and many others wouldn't be as psyched for an Avengers ride if it weren't the actual Avengers from the movie.

I think it'd be much better if it was. But I'll take an Avengers attraction anyway I can get it.

While I agree that the movie counterparts are what resonate more, I think they can get away with an Avengers ride without Disney. I mean, Disney gains nothing from getting behind this idea as they ALREADY make money off of the Marvel merchandise (http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201405/4028/) so why would they bother?

Edit: Also, Disney still has the rights to these characters in other markets so allowing Uni to work with their designs could be seen as them diluting the franchise.

There were so many team changes over the years with the Avengers that you could put together a team of just about any character in the Marvel universe that you wanted. There was never a constant team that existed for more than a few dozen issues. Change was the name of the game. Animation, as in Spider Man & Transformers, probably works as well, if not better, than live action. I don't visualize a problem with authenticity or quality if Universal decides to go this route.

There were so many team changes over the years with the Avengers that you could put together a team of just about any character in the Marvel universe that you wanted. There was never a constant team that existed for more than a few dozen issues. Change was the name of the game. Animation, as in Spider Man & Transformers, probably works as well, if not better, than live action. I don't visualize a problem with authenticity or quality if Universal decides to go this route.

Yeah but comic books are a niche, let's be honest. I don't think a majority of the general public knows about the history of The Avengers as they were told in the comics. I've never even touched a comic book in my life. But a billion dollars'-worth of people saw the Avengers movie. A movie adaptation isn't the only way to go but it is the best. Not that it matters, it's a moot point because I know that Disney and Universal aren't gonna team up. I was just mentioning that I liked Duffles' idea from a creative and business standpoint.

Since Spirit alludes to HKDL and IOA having a connection, it makes sense it would be the rumored Iron Man coaster coming to IOA along with perhaps a refreshing of the whole island. Hong Kong Disneyland is also getting a new Iron Man ride so maybe both will open the same year!

Antagonistic, I know, but I was able to virtually ride an unfinished upcoming attraction yesterday. A snowy owl felt badly that I was having to survive a blizzard and sent it to me. Life here is so tough up here in the northern tundra of a billionaires resort on an island in the Atlantic. Woe, is me. :wave:

New Guy here:look:, love the forum and actually have been lurking here since the first Wizarding World was announced for IOA. If I may, I would like to take a crack at this riddle from Teebin if it is indeed intended to even be a riddle. Ok, here goes. What struck me in this post was the reference to a Billionaires island in the Atlantic first. The only billionaire I know of with his own island in the atlantic is Sir Richard Branson owner of Virgin Records. Knowing that Branson has nothing to do with UO, I just googled Sir Richard. I then stumbled upon Sir Richard Taylor-filmaker and close friend of Peter Jackson whose company WETA WORKSHOP created all of the props, costumes, prosthetics, miniatures and weaponry used in Peter Jacksons TLOTR trilogy and was heavily involved in Jackson's KONG interpretation. So im going to go off the ledge here on my first post combining HTF tweeted clues from yesterday.."DEC.1", "EVERYONE missed it", and "NOT what will happen, but what already has", and say that 1. Teebs has virtually seen the layout, props, miniatures for KONG and/or 2. Uni has already aquired the rights to TLOTR and are moving forward with the TL transformation to the Hobbits:nunchucks: Dont judge me, this was all just fun for me. Carry on.

Last edited:
What struck me in this post was the reference to a Billionaires island in the Atlantic first. The only billionaire I know of with his own island in the atlantic is Sir Richard Branson owner of Virgin Records. Knowing that Branson has nothing to do with UO, I just googled Sir Richard.

Um, on January 9th, I awoke to see the Academy Award nominations and was surprised to see Grand Budapest a best picture nominee. 30 minutes after the announcement, I was reading an article in the local daily paper about 16 30'-50' spruce trees being transported to the island to one of the newer summer homes here. They were rumored to be headed to the estate of Steven Rales, and it was worried that power lines would be interrupted . Turns out that Steven Rales is a billionaire movie producer, among other things, and one of the producers of Grand Budapest.

So, I actually do live on an island of common folk (me) and millionaires (them) and billionaires (the few them), and that was not a clue or hint or riddle. But welcome to the site and please keep posting. You are most welcome here!

Well there goes that egg that was bound to land on my face sooner or later. Thanks Teebin! :cheers: But seriously, that just goes to show how if you want something to be true so bad, you can find 'truths' to justify what you believe..only to turn around and be dead wrong or way off..lol! Thanks for the reply, and ill definately keep posting. And I live in a regular neighborhood, with regular folk, down in very regular Jacksonville, Fl. (lucky you). But hey, at least I have sunshine and warmth:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.