Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he doesn't have the greatest track record on Uni news, and he's retracted some of his early Fall statements, but, Spirit is saying this evening on Magic that a major expansion in addition to Kong, is coming to IOA in the near future according to his new info from sources. I'm just throwing that out there for discussion since the OU forum seems awful quiet lately. I'm not a big Spirit fan, but, if credible, this rumored info seems interesting...Any insiders care to comment?

28rm6ue.png
[/IMG]

Here is that post for those who don't want to look on Magic.

If I had to guess, from what I heard, either a rebranding of TOON LAGOON, or MARVEL SUPER HERO ISLAND. OR BOTH! I'll go with the latter .

Later pages on that Forum discussion someone guessed it might be Marvel, but Spirit basically nixed that in his subsequent comment & answer to that guest.

My guess... Toon lagoon for very obvious reasons in that it now doesnt fit well with its surroundings (Kong, JP, Marvel) but of course thats just my unwanted opinion.

Since when is there ever any hype around a UOR announcement? Usuually they just announce stuff randomly.

When they seem to be on the cusp of announcing something and theme park sites start to get wind and some media invites go out for an announcement, etc.

When they seem to be on the cusp of announcing something and theme park sites start to get wind and some media invites go out for an announcement, etc.

I'd say the only recent example of this is Transformers. Diagon was announced on Facebook, Simpsons was something similar, and Cinespec and the like were announced on a lame internet video.

I'd say the only recent example of this is Transformers. Diagon was announced on Facebook, Simpsons was something similar, and Cinespec and the like were announced on a lame internet video.

I think the only other "hype" besides Transformers was the "Year to be Here"; with the announcement of the Spider-Man re-do and the official announcement for DM.

My guess would be more towards coming up IP's that could be utilized in IOA

Legendary Films Has

2015 Dead Rising: Watchtower

2015 Furious 7

2015 Jurassic World Colin Trevorrow

2015 Everest Baltasar Kormákur

2015 Crimson Peak Guillermo del Toro

2016 Warcraft Duncan Jones

2016 Spectral

IMO, warcraft could be something good. we know F&F is coming somehow, or it could be movement in JP

This is a great stir in the thread.. i like this.... lol

My thoughts on what could be replacing TL if that is indeed what is going

LOTR - I know a lot of road blocks on this... and has been spoken of A LOT in these forums

JP World extension - very plausible IMO

WarCraft - entry into gaming land? very enticing IMO

i think w.e is done at Toon Lagoon could have ripple effects on the lost continent specially if what replaces toon lagoon isnt "kid friendly" or "family friendly?" i think if any of the above IP's replace TL we see TLC vanish and Dr Seuss possibly get extended in to some of the TLC land with finally getting a possible lorax or grinch ride but thats just my thought.

Great to see this thread moving forward again with high expectations. Universal probably needs to give some oomph to IOA so it doesn't fall behind the Studios in attendance & spending. Kong will definitely give IOA a big boost, but it will need another significant upgrade or expansion to keep pace with everything happening next door. This is a very exciting time for Universal. It will only keep getting better. Surely there is no stagnation on Universal property. I like the idea of a Marvel expansion into the games/deserted showplace area of Toon Lagoon since that's a significant dead area right now. Yes, "refresh" sounds like a good word choice.

It's been a nebulous rumor from people I'd consider reliable. I've hinted at it before, but I don't want to give too much because I still have no idea if it's actually happening.

Would be cool if it was ready for 2018 and Disney and Uni made some kind of deal in order to further the promotion of marvel

Avengers-Infinity-War-Logo-Official.jpg

Would be cool if it was ready for 2018 and Disney and Uni made some kind of deal in order to further the promotion of marvel

Avengers-Infinity-War-Logo-Official.jpg

That's really not a bad idea at all. The parks very much piggyback off of each others success. If they were to work out some sort of deal, Disney benefits from the synergy/promotion of their property (plus the merchandise sales) while Universal gets the attendance boost (which Disney has no problem getting). We've already seen that Universal can't really cannibalize Disney's numbers, they might as well work together.

Probably won't ever happen....but it would be pretty cool.

Doesn't Universal own the rights to all of the Avengers characters already? I mean if so, why bother with getting Disney involved with anything. Just build some sort of Avengers ride and brand it as such. If they open it around the time the next Avengers movie drops and advertise the crap out of it, boom! instant money.

Doesn't Universal own the rights to all of the Avengers characters already? I mean if so, why bother with getting Disney involved with anything. Just build some sort of Avengers ride and brand it as such. If they open it around the time the next Avengers movie drops and advertise the crap out of it, boom! instant money.

Because it wouldn't be a movie Avengers ride (the one people actually resonate with), it would be the crappy comic book version of The Avengers (like the outdated and corny queue videos in the Hulk). Synergy is the name of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.