Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal has been upgrading a lot recently...they just dont feel the need to announce every single project like it's the second coming of Walt....Regardless of if we get something new or not we still have Diagon, Transformers, Springfield, Cowfish (basically all new Citywalk)...and the Hogwarts express to continue to enjoy....plus Kong, Fallon, a water park, F&F, New Hotel are on the way

And people wonder why theme park companies don't listen to the fans

Don't get me wrong, I'll be disappointed if nothing happens, mostly because the head of the resort said something would.

But I don't look at what DL is getting with envy considering UOR is getting rides out the wazoo

Don't get me wrong, I'll be disappointed if nothing happens, mostly because the head of the resort said something would.

But I don't look at what DL is getting with envy considering UOR is getting rides out the wazoo

glad im not the only one who kind of saw what DL was getting and moved along, no desire to see any of it not a big deal type of thing

I can imagine the UO marketing department thinking that a public 25th anniversary celebration might send a mixed signals/dilute their HP marketing messaging which they are continuing to pump out there.

Maybe they will do something smaller (i.e. mailers, discounts, annual pass specials, etc), targeting the Central Florida market only.

Just speculation.

glad im not the only one who kind of saw what DL was getting and moved along, no desire to see any of it not a big deal type of thing

I'm excited to see a new World of Color, but the new show at DL being character based doesn't really interest me, and I'm not a parade guy.

The stuff that's coming that they didn't announce last night, for some reason, like the Matterhorn and Fantasyland dark ride refurbs are way more exciting for me. And the Hatbox Ghost.

The stuff that's coming that they didn't announce last night, for some reason, like the Matterhorn and Fantasyland dark ride refurbs are way more exciting for me. And the Hatbox Ghost.

^THIS!!! I cannot wait to see what they pull off with projection mapping and animatronics given how amazing some of their recent refreshes have been.

Antagonistic, I know, but I was able to virtually ride an unfinished upcoming attraction yesterday. A snowy owl felt badly that I was having to survive a blizzard and sent it to me. Life here is so tough up here in the northern tundra of a billionaires resort on an island in the Atlantic. Woe, is me. :wave:

Lucky bastard lol

I'm calling KK. It's in the view of guest and to big to be ignored. As for Twister. It's easy to work from inside of the soundstage and I believe that's set for 2017.

I have never heard that in my life.

Hmmm.... me either. Are you sure it's and E ticket? Seems like more people would have heard of it.

Sorry- late to the party here- What in the world is American Adventure? Started reading on page 5.... better read up to last post before replying...

Last edited:
Just saw the video of the new projection mapped queue for Peter Pan. It's better than the ride. Like to see that kind of projection mapping on Kong.

I know he doesn't have the greatest track record on Uni news, and he's retracted some of his early Fall statements, but, Spirit is saying this evening on Magic that a major expansion in addition to Kong, is coming to IOA in the near future according to his new info from sources. I'm just throwing that out there for discussion since the OU forum seems awful quiet lately. I'm not a big Spirit fan, but, if credible, this rumored info seems interesting...Any insiders care to comment?

I know he doesn't have the greatest track record on Uni news, and he's retracted some of his early Fall statements, but, Spirit is saying this evening on Magic that a major expansion in addition to Kong, is coming to IOA in the near future according to his new info from sources. I'm just throwing that out there for discussion since the OU forum seems awful quiet lately. I'm not a big Spirit fan, but, if credible, this rumored info seems interesting...Any insiders care to comment?
Where? Forum? Podcast? I'm so lost on Magic when it comes to navigation.

I'm just throwing that out there for discussion since the OU forum seems awful quiet lately.

Yeah. Decemeber was a busy month for all of us and we're starting to get back into the swing of things again. Also doesn't help that it's been slow with news at Universal.

Good to know something is going to happen at IOA in the future...I never would have guessed

Spirit's Uni information is like walking into a party and saying someone here has red shoes...probably correct, but not riveting or vital info

Status
Not open for further replies.