Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the research!

So, this has me asking once again, what is a Media Lab when it is located within a theme park? It seems to me that one could stretch the definition considerably.

Maybe guests will get to see and experience the technology hands-on that Comcast/NBCUniversal is working on? How that relates to Universal Studios Florida, I have no idea, but just throwing that out there.

Would it be accessible to guests? I kinda like the idea of an innoventions like tech center where the guest could goof around with interactive exhibits such as a movable kuka arm, animatronic demo and maybe a blue sky cellar. In many cases that could be better than a museum

More than likely going to focus per the media lab website on the art of storytelling using multimedia based platforms as that is one of their focuses. Probably use ride technology on how they translate film and television into new mediums and create brand new stories to tell people.

Comcast's self description on their internet site. "Comcast is a Mass Media Company". Perhaps that ties in with Allah Gardens "Media Lab" as an area involving Comcast, what it's about & the company's direction. A more Comcast oriented area as a whole as opposed to just the Universal division...Just a wild guess, though.

Comcast's self description on their internet site. "Comcast is a Mass Media Company". Perhaps that ties in with Allah Gardens "Media Lab" as an area involving Comcast, what it's about & the company's direction. A more Comcast oriented area as a whole as opposed to just the Universal division...Just a wild guess, though.

Yeah, it will be a "we're more forward thinking and smarter than Apple computer!".

I visited the media lab website and watched the videos today. I kept rolling my eyes thinking that UC, NBC, Universal filmmakers, Samsung engineers, SpaceX, Netflix are already doing this S#!T! Media Lab is brainstorming based on no practical project or product. Reminds me of the original Epcot "imagining" the future.

Well that news just pissed in my Cheerios.

So is Universal announcing nothing for their anniversary this year? I know Disneyland's about to make their announcement in 2 days.

So is Universal announcing nothing for their anniversary this year? I know Disneyland's about to make their announcement in 2 days.

Well from the looks of it, no...I'm sure they'll do something special though right?

Thank you for the research!

So, this has me asking once again, what is a Media Lab when it is located within a theme park? It seems to me that one could stretch the definition considerably.

The media lab is really just a place for the company to try out new methods of advertising within media. It adds value to the company when it comes to selling ads. For example, the NBCU can be working on some sponsorship with Toyota for snapchat ads (i'm making this up) and say "We tested this in our Media Lab. 78% of people said they liked it!" or whatever.

Putting it in a theme park is ideal since you have an endless stream of people from many demographics at your disposal, every day.

I don't know, however, if this concept will be adjusted for a theme park, i.e. having some sort of attraction component.

The media lab is really just a place for the company to try out new methods of advertising within media. It adds value to the company when it comes to selling ads. For example, the NBCU can be working on some sponsorship with Toyota for snapchat ads (i'm making this up) and say "We tested this in our Media Lab. 78% of people said they liked it!" or whatever.

Putting it in a theme park is ideal since you have an endless stream of people from many demographics at your disposal, every day.

I don't know, however, if this concept will be adjusted for a theme park, i.e. having some sort of attraction component.

This seems like something Disney would do...not a fan

As long as they still pay for my time I am good with it.
have made $120.00 before for 45minutes 3@ $40.00 That bought a real nice dinner that night

As long as they still pay for my time I am good with it.
have made $120.00 before for 45minutes 3@ $40.00 That bought a real nice dinner that night

Wow not a bad chunk of change. I wish the normal survey people at the parks would take a page out of that book. Heck just give me some free express passes, some light up stuff during HHN, or tickets to a show and I'd be a happy camper.

I've been told they're doing something, but I feel this might be a very "100 Years of Magic" sort of thing where the celebration is a year long starting on the bday.

Status
Not open for further replies.