Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, I may never leave if that is the case...So basically we are between Trek or Monsters...so great!!

Uh, no. Frank N Stein was a dropped trademark. Monsterville is more or less just for a kids TV show they're producing, theme parks just got lumped into the overall TM application.

As for Trek, unless something has seriously changed and Paramount had a huge change of heart, I'm not holding my breath.

I
If T2:3D is seeig a drop in attendance, I blame its location more than its performance. It's very easy to miss Hollywood blvd entirely now. Think about it, most guests entering Studios now head straight to DA. Once they finish there, if they don't get on HE, they can either go towards MIB, or Disaster. Let's say its MIB. They do MIB, Simpsons/Springfield, then ET/kid zone. Once they hit Mel's, it's far more likely they'll be drawn towards TF then down Hollywood. From TF, they'd more likely head into New York for Mummy or to RRR, then either out the front gate or back around SF to HE. If they go the Disaster route, then they'll do Disaster, Mummy, Twister, RRR, then again, TF will draw them to bypass Hollywood altogether before heading past Mel's and up towards Springfield. Think about how many people said they kept missing Face Off night after night at HHN this year. Hollywood Blvd is just so easy to miss with a major new weenie in the center of the park.

All the talk about potentially replacing t2:3d with anything other than an update with the terminator IP doesn't make much sense to me. A new terminator film is coming out with arnold back in the fold. Why get rid of the attraction right when interest in the IP is about to build again?

I

All the talk about potentially replacing t2:3d with anything other than an update with the terminator IP doesn't make much sense to me. A new terminator film is coming out with arnold back in the fold. Why get rid of the attraction right when interest in the IP is about to build again?

It definitely either needs A) an update or B) A redo...the sound system is awful and the 3-D no longer works...I would be down with the show staying...those are my demands

Me thinks this is some echo-chamber info.

Yeah, I just threw it out there to see if "anyone" bit. As I saw it as a tossoff on another site and believed it was "universally" possible, I posted it here.

No "fish" bit or bited or chomped even. So I will presume that terminator isn't the location until further notice. That is good news I believe.

Did the Enterprise Starship ever land on a planet or anywhere for that matter? Just wondering what they would/could do with the franchise.

Yeah, I just threw it out there to see if "anyone" bit. As I saw it as a tossoff on another site and believed it was "universally" possible, I posted it here.

No "fish" bit or bited or chomped even. So I will presume that terminator isn't the location until further notice. That is good news I believe.

Did the Enterprise Starship ever land on a planet or anywhere for that matter? Just wondering what they would/could do with the franchise.
wprdbnp.jpg

Uh, no. Frank N Stein was a dropped trademark. Monsterville is more or less just for a kids TV show they're producing, theme parks just got lumped into the overall TM application.

Well, I wouldn’t say the registration is just for a kids TV show. The reason why I say this is because companies normally don’t trademark names of TV shows if it’s JUST a television show.

Why not? When you’re dealing with a single form of media (i.e. television) it’s easy to prove when you started using a title of a show due to airdates, etc. This normally offers enough legal protection to keep others from using the same title for their show (also: nobody would want to duplicate a title anyway). Keep in mind, filing a trademark is never necessary – it’s just an added level of protection and record.

Now, if a company has plans for a TV show to become way more than a TV show in multiple forms of media and merchandise (i.e. a franchise) then they will trademark it. In the case of MONSTERVILLE, Universal filed a trademark ALL these categories:

Pre-recorded media, namely, digital, audio, and video tapes and discs, CDs, DVDs, and MP3-players featuring books, music, movies or other entertainment audio-visual programming; downloadable motion pictures and audio-visual entertainment programs; downloadable ring tones, computer screen saver software, images, videos and music files via a global computer network and wireless communication devices; downloadable computer, video and electronic game programs and software via a global computer network and wireless communication devices; downloadable interactive computer, video and electronic game programs and software via a global computer network and wireless communication devices; computer, video and electronic game programs, software, cartridges, and memory cards; interactive computer, video and electronic game programs, software, cartridges, and memory cards; computer game applications for mobile phones and tablets; computer screen saver software; downloadable electronic publications, namely, fiction books; mouse pads; protective carrying cases adapted for portable music players; protective covers and cases for mobile phones, tablets, and PDAs; speakers, audio headphones and earbuds; computer storage devices, namely, blank flash drives; calculating machines; decorative magnets; kitchen magnets; sunglasses; 3-D glasses; swim masks; downloadable computer game software for use on mobile and cellular phones; mobile phone accessories, Paper, paper goods and printed matter; cardboard and cardboard goods; school supply kits; paper party supplies; stationery; writing instruments; pens, pencils, markers; crayons; modeling materials and compounds for use by children; arts and crafts paint kits; school supplies; office requisites; paper clips; drawing rulers; glue; pen and pencil cases; erasers; pencil sharpeners; decorative pencil top ornaments; writing slates; adhesives for stationery or household purposes; rubber stamps; stamp pads; photographs and posters; paper party goods, namely, napkins, decorations, plates and hats; paper gift wrap; books, magazines, and graphic books; children's story and activity books; albums; note pad and writing instrument sets, Clothing; sleepwear; loungewear; swimwear; rainwear; footwear; headwear; Halloween costumes, Toys, games and playthings; action figures and accessories therefor; playsets for action figures; battery operated action toys; toy pistols, target sets; miniature die cast vehicles; toy airplanes and helicopters; battery operated remote controlled toy vehicles; flying disks; train sets; play shaving kits; balls for games; balls for sports; inflatable bop bags; toy model hobby craft kits; sporting articles; skateboards; ice skates; roller-skates; kites; yo-yos; pinball and arcade game machines; hand held units for playing electronic games; stand alone video output game machines; surfboards; swim fins; swim floats for recreational use; collectible toy figures; vinyl figures; balloons; toy building blocks; playing cards; board games, card games; memory games; cognitive skill games; parlor games; party games; role playing games; costume masks; puzzles; marbles; indoor slumber and play tents; bathtub toys; drawing toys; musical toys; plush toys; pull toys; sand toys; squeeze toys; stuffed toys; talking toys; water squirting toys; wind-up toys; hand puppets; sit-in and ride-on toy vehicles; toy banks; toy bakeware and toy cookware; bubble-making wand and solution sets; party favors in the nature of small toys, crackers and noisemakers; streamers; paper party hats; pinatas; bobblehead dolls; dolls and accessories therefor; playsets for dolls; doll clothing; doll houses; clothing for stuffed and plush toys; play cosmetics for children; pet toys; Christmas tree ornaments and decorations (except confectionery or illumination articles); snow globes; egg decorating kits; amusement park rides, Meat, fish, poultry and game; meat extracts; preserved, frozen, dried and cooked fruits and vegetables; jellies, jams, compotes; eggs; milk and milk products; edible oils and fats; cheese, cheese and cracker combinations; potato based snack foods; fruit based snack foods; snack mix consisting primarily of processed fruits, processed nuts and/or raisins; dried fruits; processed, prepared and roasted nuts; jerky; dehydrated fruits; processed luncheon meats; meat; fish, not live; poultry; seafood; sausages; peanut butter; fruit preserves; jellies; canned olives and processed olives; pickles; instant potatoes; flaked coconut; soup mixes; dried beans; canned beans with meat and canned beans without meat; canned vegetables; canned soups; canned fruits and bottled fruits; cooking oils, vegetable oils; cheese; shortening, nondairy creamer; dips, excluding salsa and other sauces used as dips; milk; half and half, milk and cream mixture; whipped cream; condensed and evaporated milk; eggs; sour cream; cottage cheese; butter; margarine; cream cheese; frozen vegetables; prepared potatoes and processed potatoes; frozen appetizers consisting primarily of meat, frozen appetizers consisting primarily of chicken, frozen appetizers consisting primarily of seafood, frozen appetizers consisting primarily of cheese, and frozen appetizers consisting primarily of vegetables; frozen appetizers consisting primarily of jalapeno peppers; non-dairy whipped topping; frozen fruit; bagged garden salads; potato salad; applesauce; frozen entrees consisting primarily of meat, frozen entrees consisting primarily of fish, frozen entrees consisting primarily of poultry and frozen entrees consisting primarily of vegetables; fruit based pie filling for cakes and pies

There’s no direct evidence that there’s anything in development for theme parks, but it DOES tell us they are going to launch a franchise, that, if successful, should be watched closely for future theme park developments… KidZone or not. ☺

if we think of the places something big can come to we're left with a hand full of areas...we can start with whats been in the mix the last couple of months if not year San Fran.. MIB mystery plot area and KidZone, those would be great areas for entire land experiences.. then you have shrek twister and i guess fear factor live even though im almost certain that will be saved for MoM at some point in the future.

I would personally love to see Universal revive this idea that came within a hair's breadth of happening in Las Vegas:

star-trek-uss-enterprise-full-scale.jpg

if anything can match starwars it is an immersive land that matches this concept art... this i am sure will bring in droves of people.. im begging for it and i dont know a thing about star trek... dont kill me ...

Just gonna throw it out there that Star Trek plans on releasing another film in 2016...

Oh wow, I didn't know that.

doesn't matter in my eyes, I feel that along with LOTR, Star trek is on of the last iconic IP's not being utilized by the Big boys (Disney or Universal; Lets not get into Six Flag properties)

I still believe that the best thing Universal could do, with current properties is;

Tokyo Idea some of us know about (Godzilla, F&F) or Full on star trek (if it's true that they have them) area in the expansion plot next to MIB OR wait to see if World of Warcraft becomes a Hit and maybe even make a Warcraft Universe of movies just like Disney did with marvel (Not as farfetched as you'd think).

Now, question is, can a land as big as Harry potter but for the star trek franchise pull in enough people or grab as man people's attention? Star wars definitely can. LOTR most definitely can (and can probably take up 1/3 of a new park)
...DC... No lets not get into that

Star Trek potentially could, but don't think the movies were popular enough to do so. In order to do that, they would really need be able to make a world more immersive than Diagon, and more futuristic than disney's tomorrow land in the 1920's. (Yes, I realize it did not open in the 1920's) and then market the hell out of it and make sure everyone has seen the ads, video campaigns, interactive activities (just like in diagon)

star-trek-enviroments.jpg

stid-sb-03.jpg

Build that ^, and I am sure they will come

The IP won't matter to generic Mom/Dad and the kids. If it looks cool (like the pics above), and if there is a an awesome ride, they'll love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.