Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have said late 2016-early 2017. Not necessarily BEFORE 2017.

I know no details of where or what just that the IP is has recently been secured.

Last edited:
From what I have read, most of Hollywood closures were due to lack of space. There are other places for ST to go in Orlando. The question will be do they want to close terminator. It still seems very popular (attendance wise), a people eater and always gets applause's whenever I see it. But I am biased, as I love it.

T2:3D seems very likely with the ETA. I am sure that most know I was hoping for a brand new fully immersive land rather than a quick overlay.

Though how bout San Fransisco? The preshow could be a crash course for some emergency situation where you are rushed into the shuttlecraft... a hybrid of existing Disaster with Spiderman and Kong360 technology. Launch out of the shuttlebay, travel through space for a bit, and encounter a massive space battle in the main show room. :pray:

Last edited:
T2:3D seems very likely with the ETA. I am sure that most know I was hoping for a brand new fully immersive land rather than a quick overlay.

Though how bout San Fransisco? The preshow could be a crash course for some emergency situation where you are rushed into the shuttlecraft... a hybrid of existing Disaster with Spiderman and Kong360 technology. Launch out of the shuttlebay, travel through space for a bit, and encounter a massive space battle in the main show room. :pray:

StarFleet Academy is in SanFran

I should have pointed out why an overlay is okay in SanFran but not in Hollywood for those who don't know :thumbs:

Well of course, we have heard that San Fran is/may be slated for another franchise. With a franchise like ST, I would rather see a mini-land, and that could be spun next to MIB. I am not a follower of Trek, but historically and culturally, it really deserves a self-contained world. That, with a newly enlarged convention area at RP, Sapphire could spell big bucks.

Well of course, we have heard that San Fran is/may be slated for another franchise. With a franchise like ST, I would rather see a mini-land, and that could be spun next to MIB. I am not a follower of Trek, but historically and culturally, it really deserves a self-contained world. That, with a newly enlarged convention area at RP, Sapphire could spell big bucks.

Excellent points. I could live with ST in S.F., but I would greatly prefer a immersive land with an E ticket, C or D ticket, restaurant and bar like the one they had in Vegas and, of course, a merchandise shack or two to peddle the Trekkie stuff and the normal customer stuff. But that's pretty blu skyish. I've always liked ST, but I'm no where being a trekkie type. Heck, those trekkies that used to show up at the comic cons must have had an allergy to water. Many were hygiene challenged.

Last edited:
YAY star trek has been secured...Star Wars swatter indeed. Jk, joke but this is good.

But I know the desire possibly would be for an entire world but I think in all honestly, revamping T2:3D would be a great decision. The main theatre can no being the USS enterprise command center where you experience an attack with the Romulauns. Captain Kirk orders you demands, you see him get beamed out of the ship.

Last edited:
And a new project number has popped up... it is for something many have been talking about but no one knows anything about. Waiting for permission to post the number and location.

(good news is that I can't play word names with this number as it relates to nothing that I know of) :smiley:

And, there is something about this revelation that taught me something new that I never knew before... I had to verify and everything. Once some of this calms down, I will share with all of you. Calms down... HA!

Star Trek would totally be okay with me. It's always been second to Star Wars in pop culture relevance but #2 ain't bad. Plus, the universe lends itself to great attractions, as it has in the past and also been designed but left on the table.

On January 5th 2015, Universal trademarked the name MONSTERVILLE for everything, and I do mean everything... Toys, games, school supplies, food, halloween costumes, etc... but nothing about theme parks listed yet. Sounds like they are about to launch a mega-franchise. This would be a great KidZone replacement (if the replacement is for kids). Disney can have their princesses while Universal continues to counter-program with monsters.

Another attempt by Universal to figure out what to do with their classic monsters... let's hope it works!

NIIJS! (No Insider Info, Just Speculation)

If T2:3D is seeig a drop in attendance, I blame its location more than its performance. It's very easy to miss Hollywood blvd entirely now. Think about it, most guests entering Studios now head straight to DA. Once they finish there, if they don't get on HE, they can either go towards MIB, or Disaster. Let's say its MIB. They do MIB, Simpsons/Springfield, then ET/kid zone. Once they hit Mel's, it's far more likely they'll be drawn towards TF then down Hollywood. From TF, they'd more likely head into New York for Mummy or to RRR, then either out the front gate or back around SF to HE. If they go the Disaster route, then they'll do Disaster, Mummy, Twister, RRR, then again, TF will draw them to bypass Hollywood altogether before heading past Mel's and up towards Springfield. Think about how many people said they kept missing Face Off night after night at HHN this year. Hollywood Blvd is just so easy to miss with a major new weenie in the center of the park.

On January 5th 2015, Universal trademarked the name MONSTERVILLE for everything, and I do mean everything... Toys, games, school supplies, food, halloween costumes, etc... but nothing about theme parks listed yet. Sounds like they are about to launch a mega-franchise. This would be a great KidZone replacement (if the replacement is for kids). Disney can have their princesses while Universal continues to counter-program with monsters.

Another attempt by Universal to figure out what to do with their classic monsters... let's hope it works!

NIIJS! (No Insider Info, Just Speculation)

They also trademarked a Frank N Stein restuarant......monsterville plus the monster universe they are making, plus monsterville = NEW LAND

Going back to Star Trek, that would honestly be perfect in the mystery land next to MIB....great way to tie MIB into something as it is currently just a lone ranger out there + could even refresh MIB attraction.

Jezz, so much taking place right now. can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.