Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that is where a set of height balloons were a while ago...plus that area has been heavily rumored as expansion territory

Ok, I am still waiting for someone to post some hint of something beyond the waterpark. It is the reason I started this thread. If someone, anyone knows definite info about projects beyond 2017, please speak up as best you dare. Even a whisper will be appreciated. :wave:

Ok, I am still waiting for someone to post some hint of something beyond the waterpark. It is the reason I started this thread. If someone, anyone knows definite info about projects beyond 2017, please speak up as best you dare. Even a whisper will be appreciated. :wave:

Potter Phase 3 is looking very likely at this point to take over fear factor.

My biggest wonders are what could happen with these areas, no insight here really just sharing my personal quests of when/how/where.

1. Universal Parking Expansion

2. What will become of WetnWild

3. Marvel Expansion?

4. Will Lord of the Rings be the anchor of a third gate?

5. Will Shrek ever be replaced... Lol

Potter Phase 3 is looking very likely at this point to take over fear factor.

There was chatter of this last year, i spoke with one or two people and reading between the lines this did seem like it was good to go. Since then the rumour mill seems to have dried somewhat so whether this is alive is anyones guess. Personally I would like to see it happen but as ever, only time will tell.

My biggest wonders are what could happen with these areas, no insight here really just sharing my personal quests of when/how/where.

Here are my guesses:

1. Universal Parking Expansion

They'll need to figure this out sooner rather than later. Unless their projects stop bringing people to the resort, they'll hit a breaking point eventually.

2. What will become of WetnWild

I think it's a goner. I think the bigger question is what happens to the land and if Universal is going to try and buy any of the other surrounding properties.

3. Marvel Expansion?

Would love to see it. Have the feeling a new, more realistic Marvel theming package could come sooner though.

4. Will Lord of the Rings be the anchor of a third gate?

I don't think LOTR ever happens. At least not until Christopher Tolkein kicks the bucket. He's far too protective and he still has final say in the matter.

5. Will Shrek ever be replaced... Lol

Yes. :lol:

There was chatter of this last year, i spoke with one or two people and reading between the lines this did seem like it was good to go. Since then the rumour mill seems to have dried somewhat so whether this is alive is anyones guess. Personally I would like to see it happen but as ever, only time will tell.

It's only a matter of time.

Well in order to keep Potter the financial juggernaut it is, it makes sense to space out anymore Potter expansions at least a few years. Let Diagon and Hogsmeade continue to print money so to speak while still "new" to most guests. My guess would be we don't see a Potter expansion until 2018 at the earliest with Imo 2019/2020 even more plausible. Also think of it this way if Universal does go ahead with building a true 3rd gate I'm sure the IOA effect taught them a lot. So to ensure that crowds visit USF and IOA in addition to a brand new park I would think opening a major attraction at the other parks would help eliminate a new park siphoning off guests from the old parks.

I mean think about it, if you open a brand new park in like 2020 and nothing else that may negativiely impact the other parks. But if you'd built something major in IOA in 2019 along with opening Potter Phase 3 in 2020 now guests have a real reason to visit all 3 resorts during this trip instead of just the new park. I think we're gonna see something like this but that's just my opinion.

I know a monorail was mentioned once somewhere on the forums here, could this (or something similar) actually ever happen for real? Would be a great way to connect Wondersea, Cabana Bay and whatever Wet and Wild would be in the future.

Mercy, I must be careful what I wish for. An email this morning hit me like a Mack truck. :-X

Well, you know when some films arrive at a theater they might have a bizarre fake title? I am a bit confused as to what might be what. Red Herring land perhaps.

It is a new, never before seen project number however! Stay tuned...

oooh BOY! this thread just got EXTREMELY intriguing..

Well in order to keep Potter the financial juggernaut it is, it makes sense to space out anymore Potter expansions at least a few years. Let Diagon and Hogsmeade continue to print money so to speak while still "new" to most guests. My guess would be we don't see a Potter expansion until 2018 at the earliest with Imo 2019/2020 even more plausible. Also think of it this way if Universal does go ahead with building a true 3rd gate I'm sure the IOA effect taught them a lot. So to ensure that crowds visit USF and IOA in addition to a brand new park I would think opening a major attraction at the other parks would help eliminate a new park siphoning off guests from the old parks.

I mean think about it, if you open a brand new park in like 2020 and nothing else that may negativiely impact the other parks. But if you'd built something major in IOA in 2019 along with opening Potter Phase 3 in 2020 now guests have a real reason to visit all 3 resorts during this trip instead of just the new park. I think we're gonna see something like this but that's just my opinion.

I think your on to something makes A WHOLE TON of sense... this with what teebin seems to have heard just makes me think like its all a puzzle with the pieces falling out of the box and on to the floor waiting to be built lol

Nothing I can talk about yet but there is more beyond 2017 (obviously) including something that surprised even me.

Nothing I can talk about yet but there is more beyond 2017 (obviously) including something that surprised even me.

I am really most interested in whether or not there are plans east of Kirkman:

kirk_zpsd2b9827f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.