Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of parking I read somewhere years ago that the current parking decks were designed too have two more levels added to them.

They have already got the City to pay for one pedestrian bridge.
What is one more in the scheme of things..

Here you go:
kirk_2_zps0235125f.jpg

Feel better? :wave:

In my opinion, I would rather have the park/more hotels go here versus across I4...this parcel of land feels more connected to the resort/could be tied in better.

A Trek of the Stars before 2017.

Looking across the web, this makes a lot of sense. The 50th anniversary of the original Star Trek series is September 8, 2016. The planned release date of the next Star Trek film is July 2016. Back in February, it was announced that Paramount was going to build a theme park in Murcia, Spain with a 'Star Trek land' that included a Starfleet Academy recruiting center, 3D outer space simulator ride with what looked like 3 systems in the concept art, and a 'warp speed' coaster with an underground section and loops. The goal was to open by 2016. The problem is that it hasn't started yet. In November, they got a promise of a 16 million Euro subsidy from the Spanish government, but it won't be paid until after the park opens-now estimated as 2017 at the earliest. So,speculating, what if Paramount has licensed the entire land plans to Universal with the requirement that they open it in time for the 50th anniversary to keep the momentum going? With a design already in place, Universal has already proven how quickly they can implement it.

Looking across the web, this makes a lot of sense. The 50th anniversary of the original Star Trek series is September 8, 2016. The planned release date of the next Star Trek film is July 2016. Back in February, it was announced that Paramount was going to build a theme park in Murcia, Spain with a 'Star Trek land' that included a Starfleet Academy recruiting center, 3D outer space simulator ride with what looked like 3 systems in the concept art, and a 'warp speed' coaster with an underground section and loops. The goal was to open by 2016. The problem is that it hasn't started yet. In November, they got a promise of a 16 million Euro subsidy from the Spanish government, but it won't be paid until after the park opens-now estimated as 2017 at the earliest. So,speculating, what if Paramount has licensed the entire land plans to Universal with the requirement that they open it in time for the 50th anniversary to keep the momentum going? With a design already in place, Universal has already proven how quickly they can implement it.

All that sounds incredible but I doubt we would see anywhere near all of that.

That would be a great license to combat Avatar. And I think the merchandise sales will be very good for Universal too.

At a suggestion on this forum, I am reading Universal vs Disney by Gennawey. Good book so far with lots of insights. I am not familiar with Universal Hollywood so it has been interesting to read about the attractions and the history of that park. In reading, the book detailed a Star Trek attraction UH had in the past. It looks more like what Diaster is, but still looked like it would have been a lot fun (at the time). So there is a history with the franchise, not certain that would matter with any negations for the IP.

A Trek of the Stars before 2017.

On another site, someone suggested that this Trek would be replacing Terminator 2. Is there any validity to this? If it were true, then I can see where they could have something completed before 2017, especially is they use the theater as is and merely add/replace the effects.

Not sure what this is.

Also to Teebin, Kidzone more than likely you think? Keep your somewhat Sci-Fi ish attractions together? Maybe? Hmmmm

No no no... I was just tossing out possible large areas that are either rumored to be up for changes, or are just bare plots. I am still awaiting some news DH or others of whether Terminator is true.

On another site, someone suggested that this Trek would be replacing Terminator 2. Is there any validity to this? If it were true, then I can see where they could have something completed before 2017, especially is they use the theater as is and merely add/replace the effects.

I havd no idea what's true or not true but based on what I've heard about Terminator's performance lately it seems like a good candidate to be replaced with something more up-to-date and with more merchandise power. Also, aside from ET, don't attraction closures in Hollywood follow closures in Orlando pretty closely? That could mean it definitely is on borrowed time.

Status
Not open for further replies.