Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
as technology has advanced and your given more options in the same park on the same day that you can use to compare you start to realize just how different and not so great looking terminators effects are becoming even if before i would've ranked the same effects #1 in the park

Sounds like a new preview center or maybe interective museum? Unless it's something they will use to produce media. Idk. Sounds interesting though.

This is more than likely for the large cinder block building currently under constructions directly behind Hogwarts Express which can be viewed from vineland road. It's for expanded Human Resources offices and several multimedia training rooms for the influx of team members they are hiring. The current facilities I'm told don't have enough capacity. This large building is said to also hold an extra rehearsal space for entertainment.

This is more than likely for the large cinder block building currently under constructions directly behind Hogwarts Express which can be viewed from vineland road. It's for expanded Human Resources offices and several multimedia training rooms for the influx of team members they are hiring. The current facilities I'm told don't have enough capacity. This large building is said to also hold an extra rehearsal space for entertainment.

Ah yes, it could well be this too.

The medialab is just Universal creative for other parts of Comcast's ventures however based on their mission this is what they are about. Its probably more so to work within the park with Universal Creative to create more synergy.

MEDIA LABS IS DEDICATED TO DRIVING A COLLABORATIVE CULTURE OF INNOVATION ACROSS ALL AREAS OF COMCAST NBCUNIVERSAL. WE ARE COMMITTED TO PARTNERING WITH STARTUPS, RESEARCH GROUPS, ACADEMICS, CONTENT CREATORS AND BRANDS. OUR LABS LOCATED IN LONDON, NEW YORK AND LOS ANGELES, ARE LEADING THE WAY WITH FRESH IDEAS AND THE LATEST TECHNOLOGIES TO IGNITE THE FUTURE OF MEDIA AND STORYTELLING.

Last edited:
The medialab is just Universal creative for other parts of Comcast's ventures however based on their mission this is what they are about. Its probably more so to work within the park with Universal Creative to create more synergy.

God I hate this kind of crap. Walt Disney relied on a room, a team, cigarettes, pencils and paper. The think about how you are thinking what you are thinking and why you think you need to think about why. It's like a Bostonian flying to Shanghai to get to Portsmouth, NH.

So I haven't been able to go on here in literally FOREVER. Can anybody update me on any big news or exciting attraction rumors?? I know Kong is coming to IOA and that's the last big news I heard awhile back ago.

So I haven't been able to go on here in literally FOREVER. Can anybody update me on any big news or exciting attraction rumors?? I know Kong is coming to IOA and that's the last big news I heard awhile back ago.

The biggest news/rumors I can think of:

A simulator similar to Soarin' but over New York and hosted by Jimmy Fallon has been rumored to replace Twister, but that seems to be fading lately.
Whatever was going in Kidzone didn't go through.
Star Trek rights have been obtained.

Ah yes, it could well be this too.

The "large cinder block building", Building B112, has already been permitted. You can view its document here:
http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagl...40618680&id=DOC1603S721.A0&parent=DOC1603S721

On Notice of Commencements, they include the related Building Permit on the top left of the document. On the NBCUniversal Media Lab document, you'll notice BLD2014-08666:
http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagl....pdf?id=DOC1636S11220.A0&parent=DOC1636S11220

So looking up that permit brings us here:
http://edviwr.cityoforlando.net/OrlandoWebPermits/Permitting/login.aspx?CaseNumber=BLD2014-08666

The permit is for "B-88 ADDITIONS & RENOVATIONS", which is the Garden of Allah permit the Parkscope guys posted in this thread back in November:
http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...Future-of-Garden-of-Allah?p=390377#post390377

So yes. The NBCUniversal Media Lab is what's coming to the Garden of Allah area, sadly not a museum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.