Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For everyones information. When disney or universal get increased attendance, it is a clear for the opposite parks and all of orlando. Bringing people to ORLANDO is the key for all businesses to succeed. If disney were to attract tourist, chances are uni will get some of that as well, and vice versa.

Its like gambling on fan duel, for those who know what it is, minutes is a key to winning, the more minutes a player has the more likely he is get ore points. The more time tourist spend in orlando, the more likely they will be going to uni or disney. In the sense of maximizing capital, the best move would be for uni and disney to play along and expand MSHI

For everyones information. When disney or universal get increased attendance, it is a clear for the opposite parks and all of orlando. Bringing people to ORLANDO is the key for all businesses to succeed. If disney were to attract tourist, chances are uni will get some of that as well, and vice versa.

Its like gambling on fan duel, for those who know what it is, minutes is a key to winning, the more minutes a player has the more likely he is get ore points. The more time tourist spend in orlando, the more likely they will be going to uni or disney. In the sense of maximizing capital, the best move would be for uni and disney to play along and expand MSHI
LOL @ Disney and Universal playing along. Disney and Universal need to remain enemies IMO, but of course friendly. For the sake of motivation. When one fails or slips the other always picks the baton up and runs. Which is why we have the awesome attractions we do at both theme park resorts. Only my opinion though

LOL @ Disney and Universal playing along. Disney and Universal need to remain enemies IMO, but of course friendly. For the sake of motivation. When one fails or slips the other always picks the baton up and runs. Which is why we have the awesome attractions we do at both theme park resorts. Only my opinion though

This isn't true. When one slips and falls the other one is screwed. They depend on each other. The only reason people make up this rivalry is because the two resorts have to implement different strategies so as not to step on each other and lose business (parity is the key to success in a capitalist market). Tourists to Orlando are a good thing for BOTH parks, regardless of who is bringing them in. I'm pretty sure the rivalry was made up by really insane fanboys who got excited when they figured out that you could argue with people over nothing on the Internet without consequence.

This isn't true. When one slips and falls the other one is screwed. They depend on each other. The only reason people make up this rivalry is because the two resorts have to implement different strategies so as not to step on each other and lose business (parity is the key to success in a capitalist market). Tourists to Orlando are a good thing for BOTH parks, regardless of who is bringing them in. I'm pretty sure the rivalry was made up by really insane fanboys who got excited when they figured out that you could argue with people over nothing on the Internet without consequence.
In both parties best interest? Probably. But that is not what's going on here.

And I might add, this far more entertaining to watch. It's like watching chess, only a lot slower.

I hate to burst your bubble (jk, I love to), but MARVEL and Universal have been playing along great since Disney's acquisition in 2009. The reason that Universal even refurbished Spider-Man with the new video and added new character costumes is because Marvel requested it and had Disney's blessing. This may shock you (not me), but Walt Disney Feature Animation provided the new character models and allowed use of one of their proprietary animation lighting systems for the new Spider-Man ride video. Disney's costume design department also provided style guides and turnarounds for the latest costumes for the walkaround characters.
It's in Disney's best interest to keep their brand presented as best as possible, otherwise it will reflect badly on Marvel the brand. They get a cut of large cut of merchandise and small cut of admission (sweet, sweet Potter money), so it's a win-win for both parties. Disney reaps the profit of a Marvel park without worrying about staffing or maintenance, and Universal gets free advertising via character exposure through Marvel films, comics, and cartoons.

If that's not playing along, I don't know what is.

Last edited:
They do get along just fine... The whole Marvel deal is a win-win for both teams. IOA gets the boost in audience, while Disney gets promotion for their brand. I can't name sources but yes, they get alon just fine and dandy.

They do get along just fine... The whole Marvel deal is a win-win for both teams. IOA gets the boost in audience, while Disney gets promotion for their brand. I can't name sources but yes, they get alon just fine and dandy.

Their fans on the other hand....

... and added new character costumes is because Marvel requested it and had Disney's blessing. .... Disney's costume design department also provided style guides and turnarounds for the latest costumes for the walkaround characters.

Absolutely NOT TRUE!!!!! I don't know about the other stuff you said but sorry! This is false. As in not in the realm of reality at all.

- - - Updated - - -

The Marvel Studio does have final approval but the costume revamp was initiated by Universal BEFORE DISNEY EVEN BOUGHT MARVEL. With absolutely no imput from the Disney Costume Design Department.

Absolutely NOT TRUE!!!!! I don't know about the other stuff you said but sorry! This is false. As in not in the realm of reality at all.

- - - Updated - - -

The Marvel Studio does have final approval but the costume revamp was initiated by Universal BEFORE DISNEY EVEN BOUGHT MARVEL. With absolutely no imput from the Disney Costume Design Department.
Universal's request was initiated in late 2010, over a year after Marvel was acquired by Disney. The character designs and turnarounds (what you might be referring to as final approval) came straight from TDA's costume department which went to Marvel then to Universal, who made the costumes themselves. We might be saying the same thing, just I'm saying it from the Disney side. Universal's initial costume request was just to make new costumes using the same standard designs they've had for years, which makes sense because it matches the designs in the parks. Disney's response was designs that were more detailed and reflected modern comics, which makes them look off with the mid-90s style of the rest of MSHI.

So, I wouldn't have known this unless I got bored here and visited the magical site the other day. Apparently, HTF posted a cryptic message on twitter the other day, something about December 1, 2014. Moments later he implied that we missed it. Was it was UOR specific?

Anyway, is there a reason his cryptic post wasn't picked up here? Talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.