Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
earlier, he was assigned to it in april 2014

Fallon didn't come until mid June. So, his visit inspired a flailing project? And pray tell who are you Duffles who keeps his mouth shut until now? And who was that woman that arrived at the west gate this afternoon, with an entourage? And who is the new supplier of toilet paper to the hotels... something dark and untoward is afoot.

What person would put the project numbers in his profile on linkedin? He seems more freelance than an employee of UC.

Are you aware of him JungleSkip?

Regardless, I am writing an email right now... snoop snoop snoop....

I'm assuming Duffles found that the same way I did. It shows up on Google if you search it.

I'm assuming Duffles found that the same way I did. It shows up on Google if you search it.

Yeah, I heard back... and he is unknown within the tight org of UC. And the project numbers post was also a shock to this particular source. Sounds like they needed a good leader and were out of them; had to hire out.

HEY UC, YOU MIGHT WANT DONALD TO REMOVE THE PROJECT NUMBERS FROM HIS LINKEDIN PROFILE!!! Friggin yeeesh!

Sorry to sound like a "know-it-all" but hey... just keep an eye out.

(OU guests and members, the quotes and italics do mean something, I'm just being cocky) :wave:

Goodness bless you DH. There is strength in numbers. And I am only recently learning that project numbers are far more than just numbers. They are a vague clue. For now at least.
Well, didn't Uni just get the rights for Star Trek? That could be why the new number is recent...or am I just out of the loop?

Yeah, I read that after I finished writing the list. Does that have some significance?

The significance is just that 727s fly, and Twister is being replaced by a flying attraction.

727 is Twister.

As for 620, I'd love to be wrong and hear that Star Trek is indeed coming. I'm not a fan of the franchise, like at all, but I think it could be made into something cool. I just hope it's placed somewhere other than Shrek. Such a big franchise deserves more than the randomness of Production Central.

As for the guy heading both of these, I find it interesting that he's been heavily involved in all of Universal's foreign parks except for Beijing. Means he knows how to deal with big projects.

The significance is just that 727s fly, and Twister is being replaced by a flying attraction.

727 is Twister.

As for 620, I'd love to be wrong and hear that Star Trek is indeed coming. I'm not a fan of the franchise, like at all, but I think it could be made into something cool. I just hope it's placed somewhere other than Shrek. Such a big franchise deserves more than the randomness of Production Central.

As for the guy heading both of these, I find it interesting that he's been heavily involved in all of Universal's foreign parks except for Beijing. Means he knows how to deal with big projects.

I agree, it needs to go somewhere else. Star Trek right next to Despicable Me would be a giant mess. How much space does Terminator have? That could be a potential spot for it.

Sorry for the double post, but let me speculate as to why we haven't seen movement on the Fallon project yet.

Twister is centered right in the main drag for the Mardi Gras parade and right next to where the concerts take place. I'm guessing we won't see movement on the project until Mardi Gras wraps up and that area is open for some equipment and heavy lifting.

The 30 Rock façade shouldn't be hard to put together, and I'm sure it will be a prefabbed installation. Has anyone been by Nassal lately? Other than that all that remains is to get the ride system into the building and hopefully enclose the queue.

I don't think space is the problem. I don't expect ST to be much more than a 3-D show anyway.

I might be way wrong here but i don't think Star Trek is going to be a cookie cutter "attraction".. i think Start Trek (if its happening) is going to be an immersive land not just shrek or terminator replacement or dropped into an existing land where it will be hard for it to fit in.. i know i'm going way above speculation here but my guess is somewhere by MIB or ET since it is space related (not that that matters too much) but just don't see it in shrek or terminator unless san fran is removed and holly wood is placed where san fran is along with a F&F attraction and the current hollywood is replaced all together but thats i think not happening or even possible IMO.

The 30 Rock façade shouldn't be hard to put together, and I'm sure it will be a prefabbed installation. Has anyone been by Nassal lately? Other than that all that remains is to get the ride system into the building and hopefully enclose the queue.

I would quicker think KHS&S will be on this facade. They rebuilt the fire station after HRRR was completed and appeared to do all of the London facades.

Sorry for the double post, but let me speculate as to why we haven't seen movement on the Fallon project yet.

Twister is centered right in the main drag for the Mardi Gras parade and right next to where the concerts take place. I'm guessing we won't see movement on the project until Mardi Gras wraps up and that area is open for some equipment and heavy lifting.

Very good thinking. You are probably right. As for Star Trek, it doesn't matter to me either way. I'm just happy that SOMETHING is replacing Shrek.

Status
Not open for further replies.