Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'll lay out what I've heard. I heard on Jan. 9th ST was green lit with an aggressive timeline to capitalize on ST's 50th.

HTF is talking about something marvelous.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: As long as it's at least a ride I'm pumped for this. Hopefully we get more details soon.

Hmmm... Shrek or maybe even the Twister replacement?, temporarily? It can't be a major build at this point.

If it does go into Shreks location, perhaps we could see just another 3D theater style attraction. Perhaps upgrade the seating. If they are working with Paramount on it, they could possiblely film the show aspects along side the 3rd movie slated to release next year. That could save them time on getting it attraction ready. That would just be a waste of the IP though in my opinion and Universal is capable of a lot more.

I feel like many people would be pretty angry to see the Hulk be removed....it is such a staple to UOR.

Many would argue Spider-Man is too, but at the same time I think many would trade in losing one attraction for an Avengers overhaul.

Many would argue Spider-Man is too, but at the same time I think many would trade in losing one attraction for an Avengers overhaul.

Didn't they just invest in a Spider-man refurb with HD film just a few years ago? Seems like such a waste to get rid of it so soon. Especially a ride that's still considered one of the best if not the best ride at the resort.

Hulk also seems like it fits in pretty well. I don't know what you would replace it with.

Wild random guess but I'm going with Jurassic Park, especially if Jurassic World takes off. that's a lot of space and Jurassic Park land itself takes up a good amount for only one major attraction (though Kong is taking up some of its real estate now.) And if they built a Jurassic World attraction I'm sure it would put the Jurassic Park River Adventure to shame.

If it does go into Shreks location, perhaps we could see just another 3D theater style attraction. Perhaps upgrade the seating. If they are working with Paramount on it, they could possiblely film the show aspects along side the 3rd movie slated to release next year. That could save them time on getting it attraction ready. That would just be a waste of the IP though in my opinion and Universal is capable of a lot more.

Demolishing Shrek and Lucy would open up tons of space. I'm not convinced this will just be a 3D show.

Demolishing Shrek and Lucy would open up tons of space. I'm not convinced this will just be a 3D show.

If ST does indeed come to UO, then I certainly hope it's not just a 3D show. However, if what disneyhead says is true and pans out, we would be looking at a quick turn around (a year or just over) and that's mighty quick for a new attraction that they (rumored to have) just last month acquired the rights to. Another interesting thought is what if Star Trek took over the ride concept that had been planned for the 30 Rock attraction to replace Twister. The Soarin'/Flying theater ride design could work well with a Star Trek overlay. That's just me spitting out random ideas that popped into my head lol

They don't have time to demolish and create a grand new concept. They could only do it with Transformers because it was all designed and a near exact duplicate. Whatever they might do with ST must be done in 400 days and relatively modest in scope...

^ or they bump Fallon and Rockefeller Center and continue with the flying system that is in development; turning a 2017 attraction into a 2016 attraction. I will "oops I crapped my pants" and need further counseling should that happen.

Last edited:
If they demolished Hulk why the hell would they re-theme Spider-Man when they could put a Avengers ride where Hulk was?

Which is why I think they will take down Spider-Man and keep Hulk as Hulk. Spider-man is based of the cartoons, not the MCU. That wouldn't make sense to keep it around, so if anything, I say Spiderman becomes Avengers.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if ST has a timetable suggesting 2016, when should we be seeing King Kong? Would Uni open two major attractions the same year? Or is Kong in fact 2015?

Which is why I think they will take down Spider-Man and keep Hulk as Hulk. Spider-man is based of the cartoons, not the MCU. That wouldn't make sense to keep it around, so if anything, I say Spiderman becomes Avengers.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if ST has a timetable suggesting 2016, when should we be seeing King Kong? Would Uni open two major attractions the same year? Or is Kong in fact 2015?

But Spider-man is going to the MCU. Would make no sense to get rid of it

Hulk is is is going... gone at least in name. I have already told everyone that. I await news on the fate of the coaster, but even that is sounding dicey at this point.

Yes, Uni would open 2 new attractions in the same year.

But Spider-man is going to the MCU. Would make no sense to get rid of it

But, it's the comics iteration. With the comic villains and a cartoon pre-show. They would need to get rid of it or re-structure the ride. If anything, I see Universal making an Avengers ride with Spider-Man in it.

If they demolished Hulk why the hell would they retheme Spider-Man when they could put a Avengers ride where Hulk was?
IDK, I'm just putting together what I hearing. 2 people have said a MAJOR IOA attraction will be removed. One has said another will be rethemed. 2 people have alluded to or directly said Ironman is coming.

I am also hearing all kinds of weird stuff about how this development came to be.

But, it's the comics iteration. With the comic villains and a cartoon pre-show. They would need to get rid of it or re-structure the ride. If anything, I see Universal making an Avengers ride with Spider-Man in it.

Or they just retheme it to MCU Spider-man and his villains... And build a new, state of the art E-ticket for the bigger franchise that is the Avengers

The plan of retheming Spider-Man makes no sense when there's other, worse attractions they can get rid of to add to the park

IDK, I'm just putting together what I hearing. 2 people have said a MAJOR IOA attraction will be removed. One has said another will be rethemed. 2 people have alluded to or directly said Ironman is coming.

I am also hearing all kinds of weird stuff about how this development came to be.

It sounds like a lot of chatter, and I get the feeling that removed/rethemed aren't being used separately, but interchangeably, and some folks are getting wires crossed because of that. Hulk being rethemed to Iron Man would not only be logical to me as Hulk is the least visible of the Avengers set, with 1 solo movie and none on the horizon that I can recall, but also fits the launched ride system very well.

It could very well work to their advantage if they did open two attractions. And let's not forget the new resort. King Kong, Star Trek and Sapphire Falls all in one year? It certainly would make 2016 an epic year for them if it happened.

Forgive my stupidity but how is a Marvel expansion doable now? Contract changed?

It hasn't changed. It doesn't need to change to add new things. The only approval Marvel has over the land is to apply the motifs of the characters correctly. That's it.

Wild speculation on my part here, but I'm going with Hulk removed entirely and Spider-man rethemed to The Avengers.

With all due respect I think this is a bad guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.