Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the land that is being cleared out between mib/Simpsons be the area for Star Trek? I'm not a fan of Star Trek but from the way uo has been doing things it just doesn't seem like taking over shrek fits their current style of adding new rides.

Please remember that the 400 days is just me pulling a number out of the air based on the ST anniversary. I was shooting for a March, April, May timeframe that seemed plausible should it all come to pass.

Ah, ok. My best guess is Kong in Q1 2016 and Star Trek around the holidays.

Space Fantasy
Battlestar Galactica
New Shrek Coaster
Madagascar Crate Adventure

Thanks. So, three coasters and a river dark ride. I was just wondering what could be easily ported to UOR, even if rethemed. Why Madagascar never came to the states is beyond me. Short of the heavy video in the middle, it looks really fun and entertaining.

The only other somewhat original attraction would be Space Fantasy and that would need to have its story rewritten to appeal to western tastes.

That said, I don't see a scenario in which either would fit either parks direction right now.

Battlestar has been a mess from start to finish. If Universal have any sense, Vekoma will be joining Maurer Sohne and Intamin on the 'never again' list.

Plus my $0.02: If Spiderman goes, I will eat my hat. If Hulk goes, I will eat a slightly smaller hat. Retheme could just about be plausible, but removing either of these absolute icons entirely would be a huge mistake.

Retheming of the Hulk would make sense...to remove it would be a terrible move in my opinion. That ride is engrained in UOR's marketing efforts. In what commercial isn't there a scene where the coaster is shooting out of the cannon? It also is just a great ride that has nothing wrong with it.

Thanks. So, three coasters and a river dark ride. I was just wondering what could be easily ported to UOR, even if rethemed. Why Madagascar never came to the states is beyond me. Short of the heavy video in the middle, it looks really fun and entertaining.

The only other somewhat original attraction would be Space Fantasy and that would need to have its story rewritten to appeal to western tastes.

That said, I don't see a scenario in which either would fit either parks direction right now.
They had a lot of problems with Madagascar and had to change the original ride concept to make it work. It was a big disappointment .

They had a lot of problems with Madagascar and had to change the original ride concept to make it work. It was a big disappointment .

what were the problems for heavens sake? it is just a simple river ride with queued robots.

More importantly Universal doesn't have the Madagascar theme park rights in the US.

Busch does.

So, Uni had the rights for a second and then just let them go?

So, Uni had the rights for a second and then just let them go?
No, it's like Sesame Street. Uni has the rights overseas, but Busch has the US rights. International and US rights can vary.

It's sort of like the Marvel contract. Uni has the rights in FL, but Disney can build Marvel themed rides/lands in any of their other resorts.

No, it's like Sesame Street. Uni has the rights overseas, but Busch has the US rights. International and US rights can vary.

It's sort of like the Marvel contract. Uni has the rights in FL, but Disney can build Marvel themed rides/lands in any of their other resorts.

Yes, I know all of that stuff. Mercy!

My point was that the Madagascar characters once appeared at USF for a period of time as a meet and greet. So please tell me what that was all about relative to Busch.

Retheming of the Hulk would make sense...to remove it would be a terrible move in my opinion. That ride is engrained in UOR's marketing efforts. In what commercial isn't there a scene where the coaster is shooting out of the cannon? It also is just a great ride that has nothing wrong with it.

I wouldn't mind if it was eventually smoothed out a bit. Not sure how costly that would be to do.

Yes, I know all of that stuff. Mercy!

My point was that the Madagascar characters once appeared at USF for a period of time as a meet and greet. So please tell me what that was all about relative to Busch.
I believe the contract simply expired, but I could be wrong.

Indeed they did, "rumor" was they had issues with the boats not being able to navigate the channels. The RV's were also not able to navigate the lifts nor the drops so the entire second story and drops were all cut from the final version. Then just weeks before the delayed opening there was a fire, badly damaging several sets. Forcing the extended delay of the attractions opening. Apparently it was quite the pain in the ass...

Was there any truth to the rumor that waves from the splash at the bottom of the drop were lifting out of the concrete ride channel and hitting the animatronics and scenery? I'd read on several sites (Screamscape being one of them, I believe...but we know how accurate that site can be) that was a major reason the drop(s) were cut from the Madagascar ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.