General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Something to also notice, is that there are a lot more details with lighting for the nighttime, when in the middle portion of the attraction; as you may notice from the tweets I just posted on the Media/Reviews thread.

Reactions: rocklobsterrr_85
One of my biggest concerns going into this ride was the fear factor of the animatronics. This ride delivers 100%. However, if you took me as a child (who was terrified of dinosaurs and wouldn't go on Dinosaur, JPRA, e.t.c. lol) and let me ride both Jurassic Park: The Ride and Jurassic World, I honestly think I'd be more scared with JP: TR... That waterfall and the element of surprise for the t-rex sealed the deal for the old ride.

Reactions: marip123
I also think people need to realize the timeline it took to complete this and how the budget probably wasn’t very large. From the pov I’ve seen everything seems nice and refreshed but the pacing does drag a little. Orlando could use a nice update similar to this but our version has more space to work with I believe.

Perhaps a hurt triceratops animatronic, some predator dinos in the bent jail bars next to the lift and a boat scene with the little dinos tugging something in front of the predator cove sign could bring to life the rather dead middle section.
Other than the middle area and the transition from the aquarium to the rest is very well executed, I like the fact that we are taking the actual tour route rather than being sent into the peril.

Just curious, but I think it’s safe to say that we know that many of the animatronics were simply refurbished or moved to another area (e.g. the dilophosaurus figures were moved into the “Tyrannosaurus Rex Kingdom”) which is a good way to save money and not something to criticize. But, do you guys think the new Blue animatronic at the climax is a reskin of the old raptor animatronic which used to be on the left side of the lift hill? I know that figure didn’t work for a very long time and likely just sat in its little hole motionless, so is it a possibility they refurbished that figure, put a Blue skin on it, and then put it onto a moving track or something like that to get it to walk? Especially since you only see her from the thigh up

Just curious, but I think it’s safe to say that we know that many of the animatronics were simply refurbished or moved to another area (e.g. the dilophosaurus figures were moved into the “Tyrannosaurus Rex Kingdom”) which is a good way to save money and not something to criticize. But, do you guys think the new Blue animatronic at the climax is a reskin of the old raptor animatronic which used to be on the left side of the lift hill? I know that figure didn’t work for a very long time and likely just sat in its little hole motionless, so is it a possibility they refurbished that figure, put a Blue skin on it, and then put it onto a moving track or something like that to get it to walk? Especially since you only see her from the thigh up

Well the old company that originally manufactured the animatronics for the JPRA went out of business a long time ago. The dilophasaurus aniamtronics are very much new. I think they just updated the stegosaruses. The Predator Cove needs way more. Alot of the old animatronic scenes were covered by physical walls honestly. Which is cheap.

If guests start complaining about the blood. Then universal will have to add something to that spot. I would think a bloody boat would be nice. I see them definetely doing something for HHN, since theres alot of tv screens in the ride to add clips of workers getting eaten. I like how theyre now doing ride transitions to nightime

None of the AAs that returned are new. They are just refurbished. The skins are new but obviously they look the same but at least the work better now.
(Confirmed by Tm they didn't even move them.)

Reactions: tankart150
None of the AAs that returned are new. They are just refurbished. The skins are new but obviously they look the same but at least the work better now.
I think you could really tell with the stegos. The head movement wasn’t a lot and the tail didn’t seem to move quite the same way as a brand new skeletal system would.

And thread cleaned up ...

@DrakeParker - I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt here, but consider this the last and only warning. Your bio and status was completely unnecessary, posting behind-the-scenes photos is not allowed in any sense, and it seems you’re just trying to stir the pot.

Reactions: Kevin McCane
So the 3 AAs outdoors are the same but refurbished. And the Raptor out of the ceiling is the same. The rest seem to be new.
I don't buy one of the outer AAs being a simple refurb, more in the tail of that certain one not being at the angle it was originally designed for.

(Confirmed by Tm they didn't even move them.)

NAH. Look at 2016 refurb Steg, Mom and Parry, These are all new Animatronics.

NAH. Look at 2016 refurb Steg, Mom and Parry, These are all new Animatronics.
They are not.
Why spend money on creating a whole new animatronic along with new skin to do the same movement the old Animatronic did? Im sure they updated certain parts but the majority' of its the same. Even then, the skins still look dated on the old AA

Last edited:
Outside of three AAs (First Indo, first Raptor, and T-Rex), I'd think most of them would definitely be new. Especially with the stegosaurus next to the boats, due to a little detail that's with the tail as opposed to going down to the water, now swerving horizontally.

It's a small detail, but a detail that can be noticable.

Edit:

Ontop of that, we need to also remind ourselves that the old manufacturer that created the original skeletal robotics to the dinosaurs, has shuttered.

My belief is that if they reused the AAs, it's not in the exact sense of them just keeping the current skeletal bodies and adding a new coat.

I'd assume when they sented the old AAs out, that those old AAs would get reworked with new mechanical parts and pieces, to ensure it's more modern and compatible for updating. So while some might be the same, others (like the main I-Rex and Blue) would be completely made from scratch.

The question then would be who'd be responsible

Last edited:
Just watched the video, and I have to say even though it's a refurbishment of the new ride, it just feels incomplete. Like seriously, the part when you're about encounter the former Hadrosaurus Cove barely has any serious activity whatsoever even up the ramp. When you finally get up the ramp, you're expecting a bit more action going on, but it just doesn't. It feels like there should really more something going on since it was a jungle. You don't really see the I. Rex trying to go head to head with T-Rex though so some of the storylines still feels incomplete.

To speak on the subject of the stego's on the overhead, she actually does move her head, and you can notice it directly from RyanTheme Parks videos of the attraction.