General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
About what I expected for the refurb, love the interior conversion to jungle in the main building.

I will say in the POV i noticed several FX mechanisms not working in that middle section. I think we still ave some effects being worked in

I also think we are getting a B loop I-Rex in the finale. I think they are still working out the kinks with the A loop interaction with the T-Rex more.

At least I hope that's the plan.

About what I expected for the refurb, love the interior conversion to jungle in the main building.

I will say in the POV i noticed several FX mechanisms not working in that middle section. I think we still ave some effects being worked in

I also think we are getting a B loop I-Rex in the finale. I think they are still working out the kinks with the A loop interaction with the T-Rex more.

At least I hope that's the plan.
I certainly hope so because although a great ride, I expected more out of the I-Rex T-Rex standoff tbh... Would anyone have any insight as to whether the I-Rex is in its final form or a B mode? The I-Rex in its current state reminds me of Dinosaur's B mode...

Last edited:
The videos make the ride feel... Sparse. The lack of AAs in Predator Cove is unusual (especially when there are four raptors in the movie, and we only see a total of two on the ride - there are just as many dilos which aren't physically in Jurassic World). Going with the jungle theme inside the show building is fun, but I think it creates a direct comparison to Dinosaur at AK, which is a far more kinetic attraction.

And the mosasaur, I still think, feels out of place.

All that said, I can see Orlando taking elements of this for their own upgrade. I don't think it would be a "like for like" change.

The videos make the ride feel... Sparse. The lack of AAs in Predator Cove is unusual (especially when there are four raptors in the movie, and we only see a total of two on the ride - there are just as many dilos which aren't physically in Jurassic World). Going with the jungle theme inside the show building is fun, but I think it creates a direct comparison to Dinosaur at AK, which is a far more kinetic attraction.

And the mosasaur, I still think, feels out of place.

All that said, I can see Orlando taking elements of this for their own upgrade. I don't think it would be a "like for like" change.
Yes, your comparison of the show building to the redo of Donosaur at AK. I was thinking the same when I viewed the POV.

Reactions: Pk3062
Yeah not gonna lie, based on the videos if this is closed when I go next week I won't mind it at all. I do like the indoor scene but the rest is just ok.

Aside from the empty entrance into the pen (they could have at least had one of those spheres falling), I think this was a great update. It could have been a lot worse, everything could have been replaced with screens, but Universal actually kept most of the animitronics for once. Hopefully they'll give the caves and the pens more life, but otherwise it was a good update.

Overall a mixed bag looking at videos. Love the aquarium and end scene but the middle feels off. Hope some adjustments can make a big difference there. Not sure if I’ll make the journey to LA for it

Reactions: Dhdhddh
My initial reaction was disappointment. But after several viewings on YouTube I realized that the Predator Cove is the only scene that desperately needs more action. I liked the beginning and the finale. The steg stuff was from the original JP ride so no complaints there. They really need to add some activity in the Predator cove and I find the finale a bit confusing. Blue really doesn’t do anything interesting and the I-Rex is sitting behind a bush. The T-Rex just awkwardly appears and ignores the I-Rex. I’m just not really sure what they were going for in the finale. There wasn’t any type of a battle. Hopefully, the I-Rex does a bit more. The finale in the jungle would of actually benefitted by having a few screens or maybe lighting effects showing us the big dinos fighting in the background. Like maybe see there shadows biting each other. The mosasaurus scene was well done. Anyway I’m just talking out loud at this point.

For the person asking about the Indo rex, thats full movement, there was a body supposed to be with the head but I think something happned and it was just scrapped

You can tell they wanted to preserve most of the AAs by putting them inside! Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: BriefCasey
This is a bonkers statement. The top of the lift is awesome looking

Seriously, that new top bit looks dope and inspired. The area looks huge now.

I think the middle needs something like everybody else has mentioned but besides that, it looks great.

If this was a new ride and not an upgrade, the reviews would be even better.

Reactions: therock