General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It would be a nice touch to have some smoke coming out of the gyrosphere, to make it seem like it got totally wrecked & destroyed by the Indominous Rex that just escaped its pen.

Which reminds me...with all of that testing going on and the speculation of using B mode indo somewhere in the cove, it looks like that's either not happening or maybe not where we thought it would be based on video. Still leads me to wonder what the mechanics in the broken rex area in the trees are for. Or.....maybe it isn't in there yet?

Which reminds me...with all of that testing going on and the speculation of using B mode indo somewhere in the cove, it looks like that's either not happening or maybe not where we thought it would be based on video. Still leads me to wonder what the mechanics in the broken rex area in the trees are for. Or.....maybe it isn't in there yet?
If the B mode indo is under the tarps, how does this video disprove that?

Rumors were before the first drop i thought so...plenty of room to have him added

Even if he is just before the lift there is an area there that could have had him as well....we will have to wait and see

I mean, if they’ve got an extra Indo just lying around, it’d be silly not to use it. I have to imagine they’ll find a place for it.
If the rumors are true, they've always had a place for it. They just had to use it for the finale instead, since the main one wasn't ready yet. Now, finally, this one can go where it was supposed to originally. Again, according to the rumor.

another video. Looks like the dinosaurs at the gyrosphere are not there or not moving.
Doesn't look like they are running all effects at the moment. The hadrosaur's platform is completely raised out of the water. Compys are probably off.

On another note, there is a lot of shrubbery added underneath the tarps before the lift.

These Santa Clarita Drone videos have made me notice that small white covering that's sticking out of the doorway of the Indominus pen. Was that always there or is that a new addition? The only reason I could see it existing is to cover an animatronic from the elements

These Santa Clarita Drone videos have made me notice that small white covering that's sticking out of the doorway of the Indominus pen. Was that always there or is that a new addition? The only reason I could see it existing is to cover an animatronic from the elements
Always there. I think it's just support and aesthetics for the smashed door.

Yeah I mean I love having more visual ties from the movies but it makes zero sense that a Gyrosphere would be in this specific location. Like, how did that get there??

I mean technically we are on a water ride in the story... so perhaps it’s a prop in general?

Or maybe the iRex threw it through it’s gate and it landed there?

I mean technically we are on a water ride in the story... so perhaps it’s a prop in general?

Or maybe the iRex threw it through it’s gate and it landed there?
I suppose. But then the question is “why was there a gyrosphere in the I-Rex paddock?” I don’t mean to nitpick. Again, this visual cue is VERY cool and obviously Predator Cove needed SOMETHING. It just seems like they put it there like, “remember this?! It’s from the movie.” It’s a little hard to suspend disbelief when the in-world ride story is incongruous. Just a thought, though. We are beyond lucky that Universal listened to the complaints. I don’t mean to look a gift horse in the mouth.

I mean those asking Story wise why its happening....Jurassic World the film its based on should not have happened....made no sense to build another park.
It would have cost Trillions of Dollars and no way it would have ever made its money back so no one would have been apart of it...hell whether or not why they are doing it people pulled out of Facebook ads or cancelled celebrities over words they said...so no one would sponser a park where they have Dinosaurs that could kill you after they have two other events where this happened.

Reactions: Beauseph
In the movie, didn't the kids in the gyroscope end up way off course? In a state of emergency, I expect to see things where they don't normally belong. I think any explanation (guests drove the gyroscope off course, the dinosaur threw it there, it was a spare gyro backstage that the dino attacked, etc.) is justifiable enough in the chaos that I don't mind what is arguably a lapse in continuity.

I suppose. But then the question is “why was there a gyrosphere in the I-Rex paddock?” I don’t mean to nitpick. Again, this visual cue is VERY cool and obviously Predator Cove needed SOMETHING. It just seems like they put it there like, “remember this?! It’s from the movie.” It’s a little hard to suspend disbelief when the in-world ride story is incongruous. Just a thought, though. We are beyond lucky that Universal listened to the complaints. I don’t mean to look a gift horse in the mouth.

I mean it's a water ride that features a tunnel through an aquarium, I wouldn't look too much into it haha

Doesn't the same apply to the other vehicle it replaced, the falling car? If we let the original get away with it, then I'm fine with a few more props or effects just for the sake of it.

This forum: We want something in Predator Cove

*USH puts in Gyrosphere/ return of the Popcorn fighting dinos, and a surprise in the I-Rex cage*

This forum: not that
Nah, that seems like a pretty nice improvement. I'd say it puts Predator Cove on par with the original area and perhaps even better if rumors of an Indominous Rex appearance in the area are accurate.

EDIT: Then again, I will say I generally feel my opinion of Jurassic World is somewhat softer than the forums. That screen segment...is a really good screen segment.