General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nah, that seems like a pretty nice improvement. I'd say it puts Predator Cove on par with the original area and perhaps even better if rumors of an Indominous Rex appearance in the area are accurate.

EDIT: Then again, I will say I generally feel my opinion of Jurassic World is somewhat softer than the forums. That screen segment...is a really good screen segment.
I mean I guess if you think less is more but in no way to me is it better

It has nothing to really look at and before we had at least a few gags and things going on.

Since Blue is in the TRex kingdom...

It would of been cool if they made Predator Cove into a "release the raptors scene" to hunt the Indo like in the movie.

They could of used the existing raptor enclosure and a cool gate opening scene with rustling trees and foliage of the raptors disappearing into the trees on the hunt.

EDIT: I still high hopes for the eventual Indo AA implementation

I noticed there's a also a sign that says Gyrosphere and some other text I can't make out near the Gyrosphere itself from the angle this is shot from. Interesting detail.

Yeah this footage is super clear, there’s also 100% something right in the Indominus pen doorway, looks like one of the dead pteranodons. There’s also a lot more stuff going on where the tarps are

"OH....MY.....GOD! Universal put a Gyroshere in the Predator Cove. Universal is ruining my life!"

I think the point people are making is that clearly Universal caught wind this section of the ride was not delivering, so they are making an attempt to improve it.

I think it's valid to criticize another prop drop that as of now is quite random with not legitimate improvement to the scene of the ride.

But who knows there could be a lot more overhaul to this area where it really does start to make sense and add to the Cove.

....just don't let it get stuck upside down like in the movie. That's not how physics works!!!! :thud:

....just don't let it get stuck upside down like in the movie. That's not how physics works!!!! :thud:
Wasn’t it just that the silver roller balls kept rolling but because the glass sphere was stuck the balls rolled the interior structure along the glass until it shorted out, locking the boys upside down? I mean, if we’re to believe the gyrosphere technology works the way it appears to in the film (and somehow they’re not looking through muddy, dino poop smeared glass the whole time for some reason,) the technology could’ve possibly caused their seats to rotate around until they were upside down...

Or maybe I’m thinking about it too much.

Wasn’t it just that the silver roller balls kept rolling but because the glass sphere was stuck the balls rolled the interior structure along the glass until it shorted out, locking the boys upside down? I mean, if we’re to believe the gyrosphere technology works the way it appears to in the film (and somehow they’re not looking through muddy, dino poop smeared glass the whole time for some reason,) the technology could’ve possibly caused their seats to rotate around until they were upside down...

Or maybe I’m thinking about it too much.
:lol: this is where working with Universal Creative during the production of the movie would have helped.

It looked to me like there was some kind of new scaffold or black walkway next to the first tarp, but it’s very possible it’s been there. I’m just dying to see anything new over there XD
Yeah, I think it's been there and is just a leftover from the original. However, I don't know if it's just me, but it looks like the middle of that area has been opened, likely to allow the old I Rex to snap at the riders.
1595921887114.png

My issue with adding an Indo animatronic to Predator Cove is that the tunnel around the lift had Indo claw marks all over it, with the implication that the dinosaur already crawled up there. My issue with the gyrosphere is similar to the issues of others: the gyrosphere is just plopped down there. There's no ingress or egress point for it- it's just there with a sign.

I appreciate that Universal is trying to improve this ride, but I wish they put a little more thought into it.

Reactions: Beauseph
My issue with adding an Indo animatronic to Predator Cove is that the tunnel around the lift had Indo claw marks all over it, with the implication that the dinosaur already crawled up there. My issue with the gyrosphere is similar to the issues of others: the gyrosphere is just plopped down there. There's no ingress or egress point for it- it's just there with a sign.

I appreciate that Universal is trying to improve this ride, but I wish they put a little more thought into it.

Wasn't the tracks in the movie seen, as a distraction to lure people in--making them think that the Indominus climbed the paddock?

All we’ve got is drone footage and a park and ride that isn’t even open yet. For all we know, the claw marks have been removed, so you’re taking issue with Universal over something that could very well have been resolved. And if we’re going to lament their lack of thought into the ride, then why is the gyrosphere there any more of a head scratcher than the fact the boat tour goes past a Velociraptor pen that we can’t even see into?

All we’ve got is drone footage and a park and ride that isn’t even open yet. For all we know, the claw marks have been removed, so you’re taking issue with Universal over something that could very well have been resolved. And if we’re going to lament their lack of thought into the ride, then why is the gyrosphere there any more of a head scratcher than the fact the boat tour goes past a Velociraptor pen that we can’t even see into?
Because the pen was there from the ride that existed before- y'know, where the boat gets knocked off course into a restricted area where they have no need to have enclosures that guests can see into? The gyrosphere isn't something that was there that they applied an overlay to. It was a direct response to the people saying the ride didn't deliver, and rather than think of something that could extend the experience they plopped down a prop they've had for a while, put a sign up saying what it is, and are calling it a day.

Because the pen was there from the ride that existed before- y'know, where the boat gets knocked off course into a restricted area where they have no need to have enclosures that guests can see into?

I’m aware what it was there for in the original ride. It fit in just fine. So how does that line up with the new ride? In Jurassic World, Predator Cove isn’t a restricted area, so why is there an enclosure guests can’t see into in the form of the raptor pen? Which is my point: Rather than build something new in that spot, Universal just kept the raptor pen from the previous ride even though logically it doesn’t line up with the fact the new storyline has us on a tour through the area where we should be able to see into the exhibits. So putting aside the “well, it was there before” argument, how is that not an issue of laziness and lack of creativity on Universal’s part but the Gyrosphere is?

Reactions: popeye0777
So putting aside the “well, it was there before” argument, how is that not an issue of laziness and lack of creativity on Universal’s part but the Gyrosphere is?
I never said that it wasn't. Nearly the whole attraction reeks of lack of creativity and laziness. The most creative part of the ride is the addition of arcing wires to the hands of the ceiling raptor. The gyrosphere in situated in a spot where we have not much more subtext other than it's sitting there literally in front of a sign that reads "gyrophere" despite there not being the slightest thought of how it got there. They made no attempt to theme up a portion of ride path for it, or make another gate it could've entered through or literally anything to make it seemed like it belonged there. They put the visage of a garage door up on a wall we can see the other side of. This is a theme park ride, and suspension of reality and belief is par for the course but this ride is a bit much. The gyrosphere looks like their screen used prop with a sign in front of it. Nothing more.

I never said that it wasn't. Nearly the whole attraction reeks of lack of creativity and laziness. The most creative part of the ride is the addition of arcing wires to the hands of the ceiling raptor. The gyrosphere in situated in a spot where we have not much more subtext other than it's sitting there literally in front of a sign that reads "gyrophere" despite there not being the slightest thought of how it got there. They made no attempt to theme up a portion of ride path for it, or make another gate it could've entered through or literally anything to make it seemed like it belonged there. They put the visage of a garage door up on a wall we can see the other side of. This is a theme park ride, and suspension of reality and belief is par for the course but this ride is a bit much. The gyrosphere looks like their screen used prop with a sign in front of it. Nothing more.

Not to discount the validity of your statements, but does the general public (like basic folk) put together logic of the story much when enjoying a movie related themed ride? Most people can't even follow basic directions these days or stop themselves from peeing on a public bathroom seat much less put too much thought into scratch mark and gyrosphere placement etc.