Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

Is anyone from the forum there now? Was today's earthquake felt?

Local reports have shown San Francisco, Las Vegas and even parts of Mexico felt the tremors so those at USH definitely felt it to some degree. I live about 30 minutes SE from USH (which is further from the epicenter than USH) and definitely felt it. It took me about 10 seconds to realize what was going on and then it continued for what seemed like another 30 seconds. Luckily, it was just a rolling feeling like you are on a cruise ship on rough waves and not vigorous jolting. My chandelier swayed a bit, but nothing too serious.

Good question because I didn’t feel it on the first ride but looked for it on the second. I felt a slight bump but it was more like the boat guide wheels hit the track. So it seems like that feature is not working. Anyone else feel it?
Probably not really be an existing feature, just an overdramatized commercial.

Are you saying this because your sources said July 4 was previews or saying this because you admitted you guessed and got right the July 4 preview date?
That was actually lucky, all I knew is the state finally passed the ride and was clear for guests, this was told to me by a source. Indo isn't complete but obviously Im just guessing on when they will finish it

Honestly people hyped this ride up too much and now that it’s finally open some of you guys are disappointed. Let’s be realistic here and realize how fast the construction timetable was for this project. Also why are people acting like this was suppose to be the next UC revolutionary ride when it’s just a modest budget retheme.

Definitely super sad that the greatest scene in the ride is completely gone. The giant Dinosaurs in the lagoon as you hear John William's music is a theme park moment like no other. I am very upset that this scene and these dinos are gone as they were the heart of the ride.

There is no "wow" moment anymore, the ride from 20 years ago was superior.

With this, T2, ET, and BTTF all being ruined, the park is no longer as strong as it was.

The score aside, that scene was not great. The necks were broken and you could tell how shallow the water was (aka they had no legs). It really wasn’t that great.

Finally watched the POV. Not sure I get all the complaints about the tunnel abruptly ending. Couldn't it just simply be an above-ground tank the Mosasaurus resides in?

I do love the jungle aesthetic at the end. There's a Jurassic Jungle Boat ride in Pigeon Forge, TN (pretty tacky-looking, but what do you expect) that it reminded me a lot of. There's just something about dark jungle boat rides that sends a shiver down my spine in a good way. Probably cause you never know what's going to pop out.

I don’t miss seeing the parking garage in the distance, Dino’s with half broken necks, and doors that rarely opened, or opened out of sync with their sound effects. I mean, it was great in theory, but the execution had been lacking for a long time.

And IMO, ET has always been a terrible ride from day one (I enjoy the queue, that’s the best I can muster). BTTF was fine, but terribly dated. I’ll give you T2, I think that nearly holds up. But those other two rides... I don’t really miss them at all. Also, WWoHP didn’t make the park stronger for you? You must really hate Galaxy’s Edge...
T2 was the ride of US. Without it, the park feels incomplete.

Honestly people hyped this ride up too much and now that it’s finally open some of you guys are disappointed. Let’s be realistic here and realize how fast the construction timetable was for this project. Also why are people acting like this was suppose to be the next UC revolutionary ride when it’s just a modest budget retheme.
No offense, but this is pretty reactionary. There are some complaints/nitpicks, for sure, but I don’t think it’s anywhere near the extent that you’re alluding to here. I also don’t think people had expectations that were as high as you are presuming in this post. On top of all that, there are plenty of people who love the updates and aren’t disappointed at all, so I’m not really sure exactly where you’re coming from.

Going from CG to the old AAs is the big problem for me. I think the screen section looks better than I was expecting, but still doesn’t fit the rest of the ride.
The “empty” section seems rather lazy.
The majority of the building work is great, but the “finale” is a bit confusing to me. The new dinosaur doesn’t look all that threatening to me. He feels too far away, and not nearly as dangerous as the original T Rex.

Overall, I think it could have turned out much worse, but I still feel it’s missing something to make it truly “great”.

No offense, but this is pretty reactionary. There are some complaints/nitpicks, for sure, but I don’t think it’s anywhere near the extent that you’re alluding to here. I also don’t think people had expectations that were as high as you are presuming in this post. On top of all that, there are plenty of people who love the updates and aren’t disappointed at all, so I’m not really sure exactly where you’re coming from.
Your right maybe I was going off what a few people posted on here who were over dramatic and got a little carried away. However I’m just providing some context of what UC had to work with.

Going from CG to the old AAs is the big problem for me. I think the screen section looks better than I was expecting, but still doesn’t fit the rest of the ride.
The “empty” section seems rather lazy.
The majority of the building work is great, but the “finale” is a bit confusing to me. The new dinosaur doesn’t look all that threatening to me. He feels too far away, and not nearly as dangerous as the original T Rex.

Overall, I think it could have turned out much worse, but I still feel it’s missing something to make it truly “great”.
*nitpick post warning*
I agree. The jarring transition and overall difference in style between the first scene and the herbivore area is distracting. I think the screen section would fit if they enclosed up to the cave and then remodeled the herbivore area, I mean I know people feel the predator cove (why not shoot for the alliteration of Carnivore Cove?) feels lacking but I think the shaky Steg AAs pull me out of the story more. It looks and feels like the old ride while everything else feels new.

And has anyone seen the POV of JPRA from around the time it opened? The AA Parasaur was nearly full bodied popping up out of the water and the Dilos snapped in to place fast enough to be a legit jump scare. I’m sure that’s hard to run full on all the time but the refurbed Dino’s have never come close to being that smooth in the last decade.

I think my only differing opinion with you is I think if the finale stays as is then it is still a vast improvement. As much as I feel that buildings and structures are important characters and themes in the JP/JW universe, I always hated that the climax happened in an industrial space instead of the jungle, especially given the height of that show building. I’m hoping the rumor that I Rex is in B-mode is true but I’ll still take it as is.

I don’t miss seeing the parking garage in the distance, Dino’s with half broken necks, and doors that rarely opened, or opened out of sync with their sound effects. I mean, it was great in theory, but the execution had been lacking for a long time.

And IMO, ET has always been a terrible ride from day one (I enjoy the queue, that’s the best I can muster). BTTF was fine, but terribly dated. I’ll give you T2, I think that nearly holds up. But those other two rides... I don’t really miss them at all. Also, WWoHP didn’t make the park stronger for you? You must really hate Galaxy’s Edge...
You are talking about a lack of maintenance, which has nothing to do with a ride’s initial design. The dinos and jeep worked fine for a very long time. This would be like Disney never maintaining Pirates and people saying it needs to go because the Pirates are broken.

Even when the dinos werent 100% it was super impressive. Sorry but seeing a CGI water monster for me isn’t nearly as impressive or impactful as the opening scene, which set the stage perfectly.

Sightlines is a bad excuse for downgrading a scene on the scope and scale of Jurassic Park River Adventure. The parking lot never bothered me and well placed trees can solve this easily.

ET was a fantastic family dark ride and was Universal’s own equivalent of Peter Pan. The park has been lacking a family dark ride ever since they closed it. BTTF was much better than Simpsons IMO. Harry Potter is a cool addition and I really enjoy the area, although it is rather small, I also greatly enjoy Galaxy’s Edge.

Last edited:
Personally, I don’t think we should give this ride a proper judgement until it’s officially opened. Hopefully once the ride is open for everyone it will have all the kinks worked out.

Has anyone made a video yet on the new Dino Play area? I’m interested in viewing it.

This is probably a dumb question, but does anyone know why they added breaks to the bottom of the drop and removed the “fins” from the back of the boats that would shoot water into the air (like how IOA version is)??? Seems kind of wasteful to put breaks on a water ride when water is supposed to be the natural breaking component. Same with Splash Mountain at Disney World. What gives?

Simple: weather.

Back in the day they added breaks and took the fins off so they can control the speed and lessen the splashdown. They added the water cannons in '01 back when the old splash still did its thing, but instead just reverted to turning the cannons on if it was hot enough to warrant it.