Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

Maybe I am just missing it but all the video's i look at look like Nature Sun Light coming in

I just watched the jpland night video and I finally saw the stadium lights. It's a nice little touch. It's going to be a while before I go but the transition from the tank to the cave could use some touching up. That gap on the left looks odd. Maybe a tree or use of fog?

At the park right now. It did break down earlier but they got it back up. It’s probably just to scare away guests since I heard it was a 4 hour wait when I rode it about an hour ago in the single rider line. (Waited 30 minutes for that)
Crazy to think of “seasonal refubs” for this ride, already.

Also, is the Mosa “bumping” the boat a feature that we should expect at some point? Or is it just dramatic effect for the commercial?

Dramatic effect. They could have done a vibration or something when it swims under but then again, the “Aquarium fit for a dinosaur” sign and diagram shows you’re supposedly in a part closed off from the tank. Still could have done a vibration though.

Edit: Forgot to mention they’re selling limited edition Grand Opening shirts. Get ‘em while they’re hot. I missed the “Journey to Extinction” ones and I still kick myself for it.
image0.jpg

image1.jpg

They need to get rid of the chopped up dollar store toy Pterandons - that bit is embarrassingly bad

Just a theory, but when i first saw them I thought maybe they were just preexisting plastic display pteranodons borrowed from somewhere else? Like, they look like the kind of thing that would be dangling by strings from the ceiling at the gift shop

It’s still temp closed, at what time did it go down?
I think at like noon? I managed to go again at 2:40 ish but I haven’t checked back since I got off.

Edit: Here’s a post from universal about the shirts:

Last edited:
It was. I rode it at 11AM, but then sometime after that it went down, and for a moment it was still up, but then it went down for the rest of the day. Let's just hope these don't plague the coming days. It seemed like it was doing okay during softs.

Last edited:
Yeah, for the casual rider who doesn’t know as much on the building of this ride as we do, it’s complete 100%. Anything they add on after this is icing on the cake. Great to think that this ride will only get better!

Its Universal..... knowing them they wont ever update the I rex and leave it the way it is......... wait till guests complain about the blood and the Predator Cove will be really empty.

Its Universal..... knowing them they wont ever update the I rex and leave it the way it is......... wait till guests complain about the blood and the Predator Cove will be really empty.

We're also talking about the same company that spent what would likely be a lot of money, re-rendering the entire 360 film of Supercharged just to change the time of day (which, required changes due to shadows and lighting for the scene, and that was a few months after the Hollywood version opened).

And keep in mind, Jurassic is just as much of a large IP as it is to F&F for Universal (with both getting new films and television shows).

EDIT: And also..Universal Hollywood's gotten away with blood in the parks more surprisingly than not, as evident with the Studio Tour, House of Horrors, and TWDA. And that's not even considering that Mummy has scarabs eating a person alive in one scene.

Compared to most of the others, Hollywood's kind-of metal when it comes to that.

Last edited: