Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

It’s a bit of both. The original I-Rex AA didn’t work as planned, and they ordered a replacement. The option was open with the temp I-Rex or open later with the new one. They chose to not miss the Summer season and open it. Other than that, the ride was finished. Now with the benefit of some reviews and some hindsight, they may indeed tweak some aspects of the ride.
Makes sense! In any event, we're getting improvements on a ride that was already really solid (IMO, at least), so I'm excited regardless.

I think you all are giving universal too much credit. GP doesn't care about predator cove. A small vocal group on the forums is not going to move the needle here.

I think you all are giving universal too much credit. GP doesn't care about predator cove. A small vocal group on the forums is not going to move the needle here.

Mmmmm i don't know about that one... lots of regular guest feedback was in regard specifically to Predator Cove being straight up dead and whether adding anything would improve the area...

Agree with Chris. I know that Predator Cove was being looked at for improvements after opening, and right before the planned downtime. Whether or not it happens, I guess we will see.

I agree, if the ride gets line who cares if its perfect or not...money is all the management cares about

So with the news that SNW construction is still underway despite the park closure, I'm a bit curious if the same goes for the refurb and if it will be open again after the park reopens. Thoughts anyone?

I'm sure it's still ongoing, as are many theme park construction projects around the world. Weren't people on the forums saying it would open in time for Peacock Live?

With the news yesterday that construction on Super Nintendo World in Osaka and Hollywood, plus Universal’s Epic Universe is continuing despite COVID 19, can we assume the the Jurassic World refurb is being on worked on currently too?

People will just go Crazy after being in lock down so long. Like showing up at a restaurant buffet after not eating any food for days. :lol:
I wonder if it wil...I mean locals yes...but I wonder if this will be like post 9/11 where people don't travel as much

I wonder if it wil...I mean locals yes...but I wonder if this will be like post 9/11 where people don't travel as much
I agree. Locals in every area will swamp local events, if it's safe that is. I think US air travel will be lower than in the past, at least until a vaccine is developed. Once a vaccine arrives, travel will depend on where the economy stands. International air travel is going to be 'greatly' limited until a vaccine arrives. Foreign arrivals are the achilles heel, as even China is discovering now, with most new cases from traveling Chinese returning to the mainland.

I agree. Locals in every area will swamp local events, if it's safe that is. I think US air travel will be lower than in the past, at least until a vaccine is developed. Once a vaccine arrives, travel will depend on where the economy stands. International air travel is going to be 'greatly' limited until a vaccine arrives. Foreign arrivals are the achilles heel, as even China is discovering now, with most new cases from traveling Chinese returning to the mainland.
Sure but even locals many of which are going to be poorer then they were before this might hold off....same with people from other countries. I mean no one knows of course but my guess is at least for a few months after opening it wont be too busy