General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Found some interesting tidbits from Theme park shark’s live chat last night. At the 23 minute mark of this video, he says his sources are telling him that the Jurassic World ride is likely not opening whenever Universal Hollywood decides to reopen to the public. And at the 59:30 mark, he answers a question regarding the addition of the gyrosphere to the predator cove:

To clarify on this before it goes any further, I have been told different answers by different people. So, In this video in particular, I gave my best estimate based on the current status of things and our current speculated opening timeline. So this is not a “source” situation as my “sources” are primarily clashing right now. As far as more details I feel confident on, keep your eyes peeled. I have a video on the way.

A lot of cool little tidbits about the Jurassic World ride from Dustin’s latest video. Good stuff Dustin:

+1 :thumbsup:

Very interesting and kinda what I was hoping for/thought in the first place.

There were originally rumors that there would be some technology used to make the Indo look like it was camouflaged. I guess this is not something you can really do outside but the Indo enclosure would have been the perfect spot, to see her appear behind some of the foliage.

My only point of confusion here is that if the doors of the Indominus rex pen are already burst open by the time we turn the corner into Predator Cove, having the Indominus herself still inside the pen (behind her bars/trying to get at us in the spot to the right just after the doors) makes no sense if that’s where they’ll be relocating the B mode Indo. I mean, I’m glad if it’s true that they are gonna use the animatronic elsewhere in the ride, and for whatever else is in store for the Cove, but it almost feels like they backed themselves into a corner with the containment failure already having happened as we enter the Cove simply because all that space on the right devoted to the Indo enclosure is essentially wasted; throwing her into the already opened enclosure just ends up creating a weird continuity issue, especially when the Gyrosphere is also already outside having been attacked/damaged.

Maybe I’m just overthinking it, though, and they’ve thought it through. I’m just antsy to see what’s in store already!!

Reactions: BriefCasey
My only point of confusion here is that if the doors of the Indominus rex pen are already burst open by the time we turn the corner into Predator Cove, having the Indominus herself still inside the pen (behind her bars/trying to get at us in the spot to the right just after the doors) makes no sense if that’s where they’ll be relocating the B mode Indo. I mean, I’m glad if it’s true that they are gonna use the animatronic elsewhere in the ride, and for whatever else is in store for the Cove, but it almost feels like they backed themselves into a corner with the containment failure already having happened as we enter the Cove simply because all that space on the right devoted to the Indo enclosure is essentially wasted; throwing her into the already opened enclosure just ends up creating a weird continuity issue, especially when the Gyrosphere is also already outside having been attacked/damaged.

Maybe I’m just overthinking it, though, and they’ve thought it through. I’m just antsy to see what’s in store already!!
Who said that’s the location? :)

Who said that’s the location? :)

I’m a dumbass. “Somewhere at the turn and right before the lift hill.“ No excuse for why my mind immediately went to the bars.

Definitely excited to see what it is, then, because I totally agree that those cannons aren’t just lighting. If they’re meant to pair off with B mode Indo doing something in that pre-lift hill entrance area, then I’m stoked. (And even if they aren’t, I’m still excited to see how she fits in regardless!)

I’m very curious what the “much more gruesome” plan was for predator cove. Maybe something similar to the dilophosaurus’ on the boat but with more blood? Did it depict any human deaths?

I’m very curious what the “much more gruesome” plan was for predator cove. Maybe something similar to the dilophosaurus’ on the boat but with more blood? Did it depict any human deaths?
If i had to guess, probably just some more explicit dino gore caused by the indo, maybe another predator or a plant eater with a chunk taken out of it or something

It'll be interesting to see where they put that spare Indominus then, because it's kind of tight throughout predator cove, and its not a full body, so I Can't think of many areas it could go.

I'm excited to see where it does pop up though.

I also noticed there seems to be some kind of patio jutting out from the top sides from where you make the turn to the pre lift hill area? I wonder what that could be for.

EDIT: I think I might have figured it out. I think it’s to help reduce the sunlight from hitting the monitors in that particular area. It’s a nice move since I remember the monitors being hard to see if the sunlight was hitting them.
98CF2F97-EF07-48C7-AC7E-A8F56C9FD6CD.jpeg

Anyways, after seeing Dustin’s vid, I’m really stoked to see where the relocated old Indo could go. Part of me wants to say she tries to snap at or scare the riders from behind the walls of the pre-lift hill area, but at the same time I saw construction workers walking in the area that I thought could be it in the drone video, so now I’m not sure. I really can’t wait to see it nonetheless.

EDIT: I also thought of another theory: what if it’s on the lift hill in place of the raptor that used to pop out from the side? That would make for one hell of a scare before you reach the top, though I wonder if it would be after Owen’s done speaking, since I’m not sure if it appearing while he’s talking would make sense.

Last edited: