Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Globus Mundi Store in Diagon Alley

Who executed that main lighting fixture? Where does one start sculpting, casting and the fitting it all together? Incredible...

Answering my own question, it must have been the Brit sculptor that did everything else. Yeesh!

And for heaven’s sake, what is a Caipora?

Last edited:
And for heaven’s sake, what is a Caipora?

They protect Brazil's equivalent of Hogwarts, Castelobruxo. Based on the art seen on the posters, they reference the other wizarding schools like the one in Uganda - Uagadou, and the Japanese one, Mahoutokoro (the students ride to school and back on giant birds each day)
Nothing referenced in the books - all from Pottermore and we're assuming Fantastic Beasts, since she's already referenced the American school Ilvermorny in the first Fantastic Beasts film.

Edit: Wizarding Schools - Pottermore
Yep just double-checking, it looks like each destination poster directly correlates with a location of one of the major Wizarding schools across the globe :)

Last edited:
They protect Brazil's equivalent of Hogwarts, Castelobruxo. Based on the art seen on the posters, they reference the other wizarding schools like the one in Uganda - Uagadou, and the Japanese one, Mahoutokoro (the students ride to school and back on giant birds each day)
Nothing referenced in the books - all from Pottermore and we're assuming Fantastic Beasts, since she's already referenced the American school Ilvermorny in the first Fantastic Beasts film.

Edit: Wizarding Schools - Pottermore
Yep just double-checking, it looks like each destination poster directly correlates with a location of one of the major Wizarding schools across the globe :)

As someone who perues on Pottermore every-so-often, that's a hell of a tribute to that site.

From within the Potter fandom, the prevailing rumour for the upcoming films is that we're likely to end up in at least 3 more of these places (following New York and Paris), which makes it more intriguing that they've done poster artwork for it here in the Globus Mundi store!

I think it'd be great if this store also sold merch specific to each Wizarding destination, or at least their respective Ministries
Me too! Be sure to request, or tell TMs you're looking for that. If enough of us ask we may get new merch over time (like the posters!)

Checked it out in person today. Amazing use of the space. And I do love those posters. The Team Member working said he’s keeping a tally of everyone requesting the posters, so fingers crossed the info gets to someone and we get them in some way, (even postcards could be cool and worth framing).

Checked it out in person today. Amazing use of the space. And I do love those posters. The Team Member working said he’s keeping a tally of everyone requesting the posters, so fingers crossed the info gets to someone and we get them in some way, (even postcards could be cool and worth framing).

When I’m off for Christmas, I might recreate the Visit Scotland one if they’re not selling them by then. Got a spot picked out for it already.

What did the team member say about the demand for the posters?

It sometimes blows my mind how merch management is totally off the pulse of park-goers. Disney has struggled with this too, even when I worked there, but with the revamp of WoD I think they're coming around and being more trendy. Universal still seems stuck in early 2010s mindset though, which is a bummer.

I would think 11x17 prints, like Universal sells for many of its movie posters in The Film Vault, for instance, is probably the sizing they would opt for if they go the route of mass-producing the travel posters. Easy to pack flat in luggage for long-distance travelers, too.

I think they'd fly out of the store at $15.

I’d be fine with at least getting postacards or a notecard set like this. Affordable and easy to travel home with for tourists.

View attachment 8314

Are these new(ish)? If not, it's probably a good thing I didn't encounter them on my last trip. Budget was stretched thin as it was!

I would think 11x17 prints, like Universal sells for many of its movie posters in The Film Vault, for instance, is probably the sizing they would opt for if they go the route of mass-producing the travel posters. Easy to pack flat in luggage for long-distance travelers, too.

Are these new(ish)? If not, it's probably a good thing I didn't encounter them on my last trip. Budget was stretched thin as it was!
My room was filled with those small movie posters in high school. Still have my ET and Jaws ones packed up somewhere.

I think the notecards may be somewhat newish. I’ve been seeing them more in recent weeks.

6FA562E2-20F6-4209-9C01-9AC1D00647A9.jpeg

It sometimes blows my mind how merch management is totally off the pulse of park-goers. Disney has struggled with this too, even when I worked there, but with the revamp of WoD I think they're coming around and being more trendy. Universal still seems stuck in early 2010s mindset though, which is a bummer.

I don’t think Universal has very good homewear items in the parks and that’s pretty much all the merchandise I buy and why I always spend more at Disney. Every year I buy a frame and a Christmas tree ornament. Add all the other house stuff from Disney like salt and pepper shakers, bowls for my cat, Star Wars money bank, Disney wax melts, the list goes on.

Universal doesn’t really have anything that I want in that area. The only thing I can think that I bought from Universal is a Hogwarts key ring and a Hogwarts Express tree ornament.

If they had a flying delorean tree ornament it would be an instant buy.

These right? I found a couple in my closet. I have some Hitchcock ones somewhere too. They sell a lot of them at the Port of Entry camera shop nowadays. I think I bought mine at the USF camera shop (before IOA was even open).

2EE96018-85DC-4697-81DF-C068FAF707E5.jpeg

Obligatory cat photo:
BDAC5E1C-3A28-4E8D-B97C-F530F31BA81E.jpeg

Price in the late 1990s:
DA3D065C-3F22-4C75-A81E-295CDBBBE122.jpeg

Yep, those!

I've got THE BIRDS and PSYCHO posters hidden away in a closet somewhere. Pretty sure I purchased them in the Hitchcock gift shop in 1999.
Yea, I have a Vertigo laying around somewhere too. They make non-film ones too now, like Dr. Seuss and Popeye.