Great Movie Ride Closing? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Great Movie Ride Closing?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Over on another site, marni1971 basically heavily implies GMR's Mickey replacement will, essentially, be highly similar to the new Battle attraction coming to Star Wars Land (i.e. Ratatouille/Mystic Manor-ish).

I hope it's more on the Mystic Manor side of things, with lots of AAs, simpler animated figures, and sets, because if we're going to be losing The Great Movie Ride - a fantastic animatronics showcase - for a ride that's mostly screens, and which is a close relative of the other major E-ticket DHS has coming (perhaps even in the same year)... I won't be thrilled.

Martin is saying GMR does poorly in guest satisfaction and Mickey will be much cheaper long term as there's a lot less staff. By replacing GMR they save the cost of making a new building while getting rid of an expensive ride.

Martin is saying GMR does poorly in guest satisfaction and Mickey will be much cheaper long term as there's a lot less staff. By replacing GMR they save the cost of making a new building while getting rid of an expensive ride.

I'm sure it makes total sense to the accountants and financial people inside the company. That doesn't mean it's - long term or, for that matter, short term - good for the park.

Reactions: tankart150
I think the animation is HIDEOUS. The content of the cartoons is fine, but I can't get around the bad animation.

Yeah, I have a few people who I know that can't stand the animation style either (and DuckTales is apparently being done similarly too), but the writing is fun and the shorts are, well, short. I understand why some people can't stand to even look at it though.

I wonder if GS was poor after TCM was inserted, or always has been a poor GS score.
I thought it was better since TCM came in. They cleaned up the muddy films and animated scenes started working the right way again. And, the lines got 'significantly' longer. It went from a walk on, to pretty constant 30 to 60 minute lines.

Reactions: tankart150
I thought it was better since TCM came in. They cleaned up the muddy films and animated scenes started working the right way again. And, the lines got 'significantly' longer. It went from a walk on, to pretty constant 30 to 60 minute lines.
It went from a walk on to 30-60 mins because they closed so much capacity in the park. There's only so much to ride. I didn't used to need a FP+ for the ride, now I feel I do.

Well that also could have been the addition of MM+.

It went from a walk on to 30-60 mins because they closed so much capacity in the park. There's only so much to ride. I didn't used to need a FP+ for the ride, now I feel I do.

That too.

Reactions: SeventyOne

Three strikes, but I think if they updated the attraction with a few newer movies and plussed other scenes they'd get better g-sat numbers.

This attraction sounds really good and I'm super excited for it.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
This is probably the best we could've hoped for as a replacement although it would probably be better suited as an actual ADDITION to the park in Animation Courtyard.

My biggest question is... when do they take this ride down? It has to be after TSL, but it's being said that they want the ride to open only a short time after SWL. That would weaken the park capacity even more (even with two new (low capacity) rides in TSL).

This is probably the best we could've hoped for as a replacement although it would probably be better suited as an actual ADDITION to the park in Animation Courtyard.

My biggest question is... when do they take this ride down? It has to be after TSL, but it's being said that they want the ride to open only a short time after SWL. That would weaken the park capacity even more (even with two new (low capacity) rides in TSL).
They're saying sometime next year for 2019