Guilty Pleasures in the Parks | Inside Universal Forums

Guilty Pleasures in the Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

jtsalien

V.I.P. Member
Mar 9, 2011
T.A.R.D.I.S.
So I searched around, but I'm surprised we don't have a thread like this. Everyone knows they have guilty pleasures. In this case, it's rides, shows, or even restaurants in the parks that they know aren't very good. Even flat out bad sometimes. But for one reason or another, you can't stop yourself from enjoying it. Here are a few of mine:

Ellen's Energy Adventure: I know it's long. I know it's boring. I know it's a lame story. But I'm a sucker for Bill Nye and the soundtrack.

Ripsaw Falls: It's so cheaply done. The AAs are bad even when you're lucky enough to have them all working. But the drops are great, and I'm a big Dudley fan. Shame on me.

Shrek 4D: Gasp! I bet you weren't expecting that one. I know it's a waste of space. I've watched it on Netflix. I don't think I'd shed a tear when it closes. But somehow I find myself seeing it at least once or twice a trip. Usually followed by a long hot shower to wash away the guilt.

Let's hear everyone else air their dirty laundry!

Hmmm...you know, I honestly don't really think of anything that I do in the parks as a "guilty pleasure," they all have their place in the park experience for me. That said, I only go on Shrek maybe twice a year and that's just to do it to fill time. I guess you could say Primeval Whirl is a "guilty pleasure" of mine, and while I understand the thematic gripes people have with it, darn it I love a decent wild mouse and happily ride it if I happen across a short line for it.

High in the Sky Seuss yadda, yadda, yadda for Universal. It's a terrible TTA knock off, but I'll be damned if I don't love it.

For Disney it would be Universe of Energy. I know a lot of people think it's boring but I love it.

Space Ranger Spin: The sets are cheap and the guns don't work, but I still have a blast (no pun intended) on it. Is it the best thing ever? No. Is it fun? Yes.

High in the Sky Seuss yadda, yadda, yadda for Universal. It's a terrible TTA knock off, but I'll be damned if I don't love it.

For Disney it would be Universe of Energy. I know a lot of people think it's boring but I love it.

I love the conecpt of High in the Sky, but it's a little too cramped for my taste :lol:

The only part about UoE I dislike is the dino section. Only place where it really drags for me.

I don't understand why Ripsaw Falls is criticised as much as it is. I prefer it to JP as it's fun and the ending is brilliant. Gotta love the view from the top, too. Would be saddened if I never got to ride it again.

I don't understand why Ripsaw Falls is criticised as much as it is. I prefer it to JP as it's fun and the ending is brilliant. Gotta love the view from the top, too. Would be saddened if I never got to ride it again.

I agree Ripsaw is one of my favorite rides in IOA. :thumbs:

Nobody said it wasn't fun. But I don't see how you could agrue that it's high quality. It's a fact that it was done a small budget. That's kinda the point here. Despite the fact that it should be bad, you still enjoy it.

Nobody said it wasn't fun. But I don't see how you could agrue that it's high quality. It's a fact that it was done a small budget. That's kinda the point here. Despite the fact that it should be bad, you still enjoy it.

It's a lot better than the log flumes we have over here, that's for sure :lol:

I always seem to find myself riding Journey Into Your Imagination. Though I think its a travesty the original attraction was ever changed and the new one isn't very good I still enjoy seeing Figment.

I love the Carousel of Progress. My family/friends complains every time we do it, but I can't get enough.

My guilty pleasure is in Camp Jurassic. If you go into the main cavern keep going straight until you find this little U-Bend that bypasses some steps. Its a little outdoors spot next to a waterfall where the rock walls are high and cannot be seen over. There is also a palm tree bent sideways over top of this area with vines growing up the rocks. Its so relaxing. I could stay there forever!

Cat in the Hat. I have to do it EVERY time I'm there. I love it.

And Ripley, but not for the drops. For the parts where your secluded from the park (like the part before the final lift with the funny signs), I just love being outside and yet not being able to see the park, it just gives me a weird feeling haha.

not so much Guilty Pleasures, more like Unpopular Opinions:

MK - Hall of Presidents is actually a little nice to see sometimes. i normally go whenever the new president is sworn in, but still it's nice to watch when lines are long.

Epcot - Imagination because screw your oober theme park opinions i don't need your judging me

MGM - Voyage of the Little Mermaid. i just don't want to talk about it.

Animal Kingdom - Finding Nemo. not that one either.

IOA - honestly Toon Lagoon is one of my favorite areas sorry not sorry.

I'm obsessed with the Beetlejuice show. Like. Obsessed. I think I've seen every single recording on YouTube and I can distinguish between actors and choose which performers I prefer for each character. I made every showing when I was there over the summer. I don't even know.