Guilty Pleasures in the Parks | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Guilty Pleasures in the Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Count me in as a fan of Beetlejuice as well. I used to go a lot more but I've gotten busier so now it's every so often. I used to be a pretty huge fan of Horror Make-Up as well until my favorite stopped doing the show...then I switched over to seeing Beetlejuice.

I know what you mean about Burger Digs teebin. My wife hates the food there, but I insist so I can sit out on the balcony there. My favorite place to eat because of this.
I'm sure other people like it too, but I am a little obsessed with Spaceship Earth. I could literally ride it over and over and over.

Camp Jurassic no doubt about it... If I'm at the park with others who are my age I will bring everyone to one side of the camp and have a race to another spot, like the amber mines or something... needless to say it's a lot of fun!

My girlfriend and I are obsessed with the Blues brothers show. We watch it at least 4 or 5 times each vacation....Last year I had my Mon Valley United FC / Pa West State champions soccer shirt on and the Dan Aykroyd character stopped the show, came down and introduced himself. Turns out he was from Monongahela city and grew up with a bunch of my team's players.

High in the Sky Seuss yadda, yadda, yadda for Universal. It's a terrible TTA knock off, but I'll be damned if I don't love it.

It actually isnt a bad ride, the line is just too long most of the time considering how short it is. There was a time last spring when it was a 90 minutes plus wait...

This is a great thread lol.

I'd have to say MK: Stitch...everyone hates it but it's unique and every once in a while it's nice to go on something that you can't really do anywhere else.

Epcot: Old Test Track, I liked it a lot better than the new version

DHS: I love DHS in general which is kinda against popular opinion, but the GMR is so underrated and is one of my favorite rides in any theme park anywhere.

AK: Dinosaur, my favorite ride at WDW

USF: Twister, everyone says they want it gone and I die a little inside every time lol. I love the memories associated with it, and who doesn't love Bill Paxton? I actually think the sets are really well done and there are some cool effects and it's classic Universal to me, which is getting rarer and rarer to find.

IoA: Camp Jurassic and Cat in the Hat, I dont care if they're for kids.

Just an amendment to my previous post...I initially just read the forum title and hadn't read the initial entry that referred to the pleasures as questionable quality attractions. I actually think the Blues Brothers is an excellent professional show and greatly enjoy it. Sorry about that.

My guilty pleasure is paying 6 dollars for a beer at Universal. I have to drink it fast, well you get the idea.

My guilty pleasure is paying 6 dollars for a beer at Universal. I have to drink it fast, well you get the idea.

I was literally going to say "My HHN Bar Tabs". Beat me to a joke. :lol:

Seriously though.

Twister: It's fun. I don't watch it every time, but I do enjoy it occasionally. It has some pretty good A/C too.
Jurassic Park Discovery Center: The whole thing in general, but I especially love 'You Bet Jurassic'.
One Fish Two Fish
Journey To Atlantis: It definitely is a thrilling ride, and it definitely has a pull, but that story is terrible, but I kind of enjoy it having a bad story.
Wild Arctic: The ride is god-awfully miserable, but I love the exhibit at the end.
Philhar: I honestly don't feel guilty, I think this is a great show, but some people don't like it. Shame on them.
Lights Motors Action: This is a terrible show. It really is, and I know it is. But I love it. Something in me loves this show.

And I have some serious ones for Epcot. Don't judge.

Nemo
Turtle Talk
Gran Fiesta Tour
Maelstrom
Impressions de France

I spend about 15 min every visit to IOA just to go by Popeye's and soak unsuspecting patrons. I have way too much fun with it. My girlfriend calls it "childlike wonderment".

I spend about 15 min every visit to IOA just to go by Popeye's and soak unsuspecting patrons. I have way too much fun with it. My girlfriend calls it "childlike wonderment".

Many quarters go into shooting people on the River Rapids.
And yes I can also add the HHN/HOS bar tab and fried whatever.

Twister. There's an attraction I could (and do) ride over and over again. I will shed a tear when it closes.

I also really enjoy the Curious George ball area. Pelting little kids in the face with my balls is a lot of f...wait that came out wrong.